Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bornontheblue

Idaho Legislature, ie the Republicans have had a hell of a year

This guy sounds like a total prick. They should expel him from the statehouse. 

Long Story Short: He has a history of inappropriate behavior with women , and is alleged to have sexually assaulted an intern a few weeks ago. 

Kick his ass out

https://www.idahopress.com/news/local/house-panel-recommends-expulsion-of-rep-von-ehlinger-accused-of-rape/article_0188b8d3-d177-5354-a954-9d7a58afb2d9.html

3 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

This guy sounds like a total prick. They should expel him from the statehouse. 

Long Story Short: He has a history of inappropriate behavior with women , and is alleged to have sexually assaulted an intern a few weeks ago. 

Kick his ass out

https://www.idahopress.com/news/local/house-panel-recommends-expulsion-of-rep-von-ehlinger-accused-of-rape/article_0188b8d3-d177-5354-a954-9d7a58afb2d9.html

Yeah, we are talking about this on the wolf thread but it deserves it's own thread.

Idaho legislature can't seem to go a month without making national headlines for something stupid.

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Yeah, we are talking about this on the wolf thread but it deserves it's own thread.

Idaho legislature can't seem to go a month without making national headlines for something stupid.

I can’t believe the House Ethics subpoenaed the victim and had her testify publicly!  Well, maybe I can. She gave testimony to the police and the committee. This is worse that the wolf and other stuff that can be stopped/reversed in court. This 19 year old young woman was assaulted twice. I’m hearing the committee is recommending expulsion, but that in no way excuses the forced public testimony. 

10 minutes ago, grandjean87 said:

I can’t believe the House Ethics subpoenaed the victim and had her testify publicly!  Well, maybe I can. She gave testimony to the police and the committee. This is worse that the wolf and other stuff that can be stopped/reversed in court. This 19 year old young woman was assaulted twice. I’m hearing the committee is recommending expulsion, but that in no way excuses the forced public testimony. 

They did it so they could victim shame her by doxxing her and taking pictures of her and then sending them out to people calling the whole thing a "liberal stunt" or something along those lines. 

The Idaho legislature is quickly turning into the US version of the Taliban. 

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

4 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

They did it so they could victim shame her by doxxing her and taking pictures of her and then sending them out to people calling the whole thing a "liberal stunt" or something along those lines. 

I just read the a female legislator from Whitebird doxxed the victim. She should be expelled, too. 

11 minutes ago, grandjean87 said:

I just read the a female legislator from Whitebird doxxed the victim. She should be expelled, too. 

Yup. Priscilla Giddings, Air Force Academy grad too...shameful - you’d expect better behavior from someone with her background.

Ehlinger couldn’t face up to his peers, ends up resigning before vote to expel.

22 minutes ago, grandjean87 said:

Where did you read this. I am not questioning the accuracy, I want to read it for myself. 

47 minutes ago, grandjean87 said:

"Yeah, but what was she wearing at dinner"

-- Priscilla Giddings, probably.

4 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

"Yeah, but what was she wearing at dinner"

-- Priscilla Giddings, probably.

Liberal plot.  Conservatives in the social media have gone after her. Maybe she gets censured if the rest of the Leg wakes up. 

7 hours ago, bornontheblue said:

Where did you read this. I am not questioning the accuracy, I want to read it for myself. 

I think it was linking a blog post on her facebook account. Not sure if that post is still there or not, but it’s getting testy in the comments and Priscilla deletes the ones she doesn’t like.

https://m.facebook.com/Priscilladistrict7/

16 hours ago, RogueStout said:

I’m embarrassed and ashamed of the Idaho Republicans in the legislature. There’s no defense for those stupid +++++s. I love Idaho with all my heart but the political extremism that’s taken hold over the past 6 years is very worrisome. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

16 hours ago, grandjean87 said:

Completely agree.

In spite of signing the ridiculous heartbeat abortion bill, I like Brad Little - I think he’s a common sense Republican, more on the Dirk Kempthorne or Phil Batt side of things. In other words, more moderate and pragmatic than Otter was. But he has to deal with some serious nut jobs in the legislature as well as the lieutenant governor. He’s in a bit of a rough spot but thankfully he stands up and vetos some really stupid shit like the anti-mask mandate bill. He’s also been encouraging Idahoans to get vaccinated and use common sense during the pandemic.... and he’s taken heat from his own party for it.  I think he had to sign that stupid abortion bill for optics but I also think it was strategic as it is obviously going to get challenged in court and he knew this.

@grandjean87, @bsu_alum9, @RogueStout, and @IanforHeisman— I hope you all see the predicament Little is in with having to act as an executive for all the people in the state while still dealing with the extreme faction of his own party.

3 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

In spite of signing the ridiculous heartbeat abortion bill, I like Brad Little - I think he’s more of a common sense Republican, more on the Dirk Kempthorne or Phil Batt side of things. In other words, more moderate and pragmatic than Otter was. But he has to deal with some serious nut jobs in the legislature as well as the lieutenant governor. He’s in a bit of a rough spot but thankfully he stands up and vetos some really stupid shit like the anti-mask mandate bill. He’s also been encouraging Idahoans to get vaccinated and use common sense during the pandemic.... and he’s taken heat from his own party for it. 

@grandjean87, @bsu_alum9, @RogueStout, and @IanforHeisman— I hope you all see the predicament Little is in with having to act as an executive for all the people in the state while still dealing with the extreme faction of his own party.

I like Little.. He doesn’t seem new age Republican, in fact if the election for governor was held tomorrow id vote for him. 

Just now, IanforHeisman said:

I like Little.. He doesn’t seem new age Republican, in fact if the election for governor was held tomorrow id vote for him. 

Yep. Idaho is a looooooong way off from electing a Democrat as governor. So better to have a thinking man’s Republican in office as opposed to an extreme right wing nut job.