Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bornontheblue

Idaho Legislature, ie the Republicans have had a hell of a year

35 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

In spite of signing the ridiculous heartbeat abortion bill, I like Brad Little - I think he’s a common sense Republican, more on the Dirk Kempthorne or Phil Batt side of things. In other words, more moderate and pragmatic than Otter was. But he has to deal with some serious nut jobs in the legislature as well as the lieutenant governor. He’s in a bit of a rough spot but thankfully he stands up and vetos some really stupid shit like the anti-mask mandate bill. He’s also been encouraging Idahoans to get vaccinated and use common sense during the pandemic.... and he’s taken heat from his own party for it.  I think he had to sign that stupid abortion bill for optics but I also think it was strategic as it is obviously going to get challenged in court and he knew this.

@grandjean87, @bsu_alum9, @RogueStout, and @IanforHeisman— I hope you all see the predicament Little is in with having to act as an executive for all the people in the state while still dealing with the extreme faction of his own party.

Little is in a tough spot.  He navigates what he can.  I'd like to see him go rouge, but that's not in his personality.

Just now, grandjean87 said:

Little is in a tough spot.  He navigates what he can.  I'd like to see him go rouge, but that's not in his personality.

He also has to think about getting re-elected. You’re right, he is in a tough spot.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

42 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

In spite of signing the ridiculous heartbeat abortion bill, I like Brad Little - I think he’s a common sense Republican, more on the Dirk Kempthorne or Phil Batt side of things. In other words, more moderate and pragmatic than Otter was. But he has to deal with some serious nut jobs in the legislature as well as the lieutenant governor. He’s in a bit of a rough spot but thankfully he stands up and vetos some really stupid shit like the anti-mask mandate bill. He’s also been encouraging Idahoans to get vaccinated and use common sense during the pandemic.... and he’s taken heat from his own party for it.  I think he had to sign that stupid abortion bill for optics but I also think it was strategic as it is obviously going to get challenged in court and he knew this.

@grandjean87, @bsu_alum9, @RogueStout, and @IanforHeisman— I hope you all see the predicament Little is in with having to act as an executive for all the people in the state while still dealing with the extreme faction of his own party.

He's a moderate republican and the Bundy crowd hate him... good enough for me

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I’m embarrassed and ashamed of the Idaho Republicans in the legislature. There’s no defense for those stupid +++++s. I love Idaho with all my heart but the political extremism that’s taken hold over the past 6 years is very worrisome. 

It is not just Idaho, and it is in both parties. 

2 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

It is not just Idaho, and it is in both parties. 

But Idaho Republicans have taken things to 11.

777c37ba22ee9c39e0f82ba3eab10ef8.jpg

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

The lieutenant governor is going to run against him I bet in the next primary. MCgeachin , isn't that her name? She is an Ammon Bundy worshiper.  I will vote for Little , but she may beat him. 

2 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I like him somewhat. He is +++++ED with a capital +++++ though because his own party has gone so far to the extreme that I don't think he stands a chance to win a re-election. 

I'll vote for him though. He's a pretty normal dude from Emmett, rancher type guy. He needs to champion legal weed though. 

And yes he's a DAMN site better than little b1tch Otter. 

7bc3daea5d6a480a8205376b01635c16_320x320

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

Just now, RogueStout said:

I like him somewhat. He is +++++ED with a capital +++++ though because his own party has gone so far to the extreme that I don't think he stands a chance to win a re-election. 

I'll vote for him though. He's a pretty normal dude from Emmett, rancher type guy. He needs to champion legal weed though. 

And yes he's a DAMN site better than little b1tch Otter. 

7bc3daea5d6a480a8205376b01635c16_320x320

Butch Otter was a +++++ing joke. 

1 hour ago, bornontheblue said:

The lieutenant governor is going to run against him I bet in the next primary. MCgeachin , isn't that her name? She is an Ammon Bundy worshiper.  I will vote for Little , but she may beat him. 

Little has definitely distanced himself from that batshit Lt. Gov.  I’m guessing folks know about this from last fall:

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/idaho/articles/2020-11-25/idaho-lt-governor-promotes-walk-thru-disinfectant-cubes

16 minutes ago, grandjean87 said:

Little has definitely distanced himself from that batshit Lt. Gov.  I’m guessing folks know about this from last fall:

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/idaho/articles/2020-11-25/idaho-lt-governor-promotes-walk-thru-disinfectant-cubes

That only covers disinfecting the outside of you. President Trump had a great idea regarding disinfecting the inside of you. 

13 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

That only covers disinfecting the outside of you. President Trump had a great idea regarding disinfecting the inside of you. 

That one was weirder than normal abnormal Trump. I always took it as a huge troll fail. 

12 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Trump was the master troller. It was entertaining to watch Democrats hang on his every word and go ballistic. 

Trump was often trolling and he got plenty of overreactions, but I wouldn’t call him a master.  Not in the Office of the President where between his constant lying, post-truth messaging it was hard to determine which statements were actually trolls.  The disinfection one was just plain stupid — not well thought out or executed. 

3 minutes ago, grandjean87 said:

Trump was often trolling and he got plenty of overreactions, but I wouldn’t call him a master.  Not in the Office of the President where between his constant lying, post-truth messaging it was hard to determine which statements were actually trolls.  The disinfection one was just plain stupid — not well thought out or executed. 

If Trump created an anonymous account on this board for the purpose of trolling, he would not even be a top 12 troll.

7 hours ago, grandjean87 said:

Look at how many clicks he got. Most of the NYT staff are on sabbatical since Trump left office. 

Just now, soupslam1 said:

Look at how many clicks he got. Most of the NYT staff are on sabbatical since Trump left office. 

It got a ton of play and it still has legs months after we finally got rid of his presidency.  Having that amount and length of attention isn’t proof of trolling efficacy. 

Some who treated as if he meant it believed he didn’t. They just used it. Others used it subjectively w/o much deeper thought.  Others, because of all the outrageous crap that monkey flung all the time, thought he was really serious. It was difficult to tell for some because the former guy was actually speaking to health officials at the time and the manner/tone in which done. I could make a case for all three views.  

2 hours ago, grandjean87 said:

It got a ton of play and it still has legs months after we finally got rid of his presidency.  Having that amount and length of attention isn’t proof of trolling efficacy. 

Some who treated as if he meant it believed he didn’t. They just used it. Others used it subjectively w/o much deeper thought.  Others, because of all the outrageous crap that monkey flung all the time, thought he was really serious. It was difficult to tell for some because the former guy was actually speaking to health officials at the time and the manner/tone in which done. I could make a case for all three views.  

He was completely serious.

The mans sheer idiocy can not be over exaggerated.  Given the tone, the line of questioning, the audience, the facial cues.  He was being serious.  This was not a "troll".  The only people who think this was somehow a troll to own the libs are people who are desperate to convince themselves they did not support a POTUS with an ability to reason and articulate of a low achieving 4th grader.

12 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

He was completely serious.

The mans sheer idiocy can not be over exaggerated.  Given the tone, the line of questioning, the audience, the facial cues.  He was being serious.  This was not a "troll".  The only people who think this was somehow a troll to own the libs are people who are desperate to convince themselves they did not support a POTUS with an ability to reason and articulate of a low achieving 4th grader.

I guess you were in category 3.  

I think it was a an ad lib musing gone horribly wrong.  It did not appear a planned troll.  He’s ignorant w/limited intellectual curiosity, but he isn’t Forrest Gump.  

Just now, grandjean87 said:

I guess you were in category 3.  

I think it was a an ad lib musing gone horribly wrong.  He’s ignorant w/limited intellectual curiosity, but he isn’t Forrest Gump.  

He was the freaking POTUS and he suggested using disinfectants inside the body.  Add lib or not, not excusable.  

You are gat damn right he is no Forrest Gump.  While Forrest was also a self made billionaire he was honest, loyal, kind hearted, brave and would have solved the North Korea thing with a ping pong tournament.  Loser gives up the nukes.