Jump to content
Del Scorcho

LOL, Fox News is becoming the Enquirer/Weekly World News/the Onion

Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, Stealthlobo said:

How come more of you guys know about SF more than Denver?? We're at least in the MW footprint-ish...

I do enjoy SF though. Amazing food and had a great time at Anchor (sp?) Brewery

My friend, I have a few Denver recommendations if you want them. 

https://bluepandenver.com/

https://www.yelp.com/biz/cherry-cricket-denver-3?osq=elk+burger

  • Cheers 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

My friend, I have a few Denver recommendations if you want them. 

https://bluepandenver.com/

https://www.yelp.com/biz/cherry-cricket-denver-3?osq=elk+burger

We actually ate at the cherry cricket for the first time last week! And we order from blue pan probably at least once a month. Their Detroit style is so damn good!

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Yeah, I know I shouldn’t take people at their word, particularly on this board. Maybe you need to be more nuanced and explain yourself better? 

I think the burden here falls to you, soupy. If you find yourself repeatedly called out by numerous posters for failing to grasp common rhetorical devices like sarcasm, satire, irony, paradox, etc, it’s up to you to make yourself more familiar with how they work on this forum, not up to the various writers to slap an asterisk onto the end of a particularly witty sentence or paragraph and follow that up with a “soupslam1 explanation/translation.”

I do feel for you, soup. It’s got to be rough going through life treating every sentence you read or hear as literal and be unable to supply context in order to grasp their actual meaning. English is such a fun language to play with. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Posturedoc said:

Do not start me on SF eateries! I’ve eaten at a number of excellent spots, but I continually feel as if I’m missing out on the one million other places in the area I have yet to dine in. A couple of my favorites, luckily almost neighbors, so you can grab food for later from one while you gorge at the other. @Joe from WY, you’re included.

Burma Superstar/B-Star. Two (actually three, since there’s a takeout shop attached to one that doesn’t serve the full menu) places a block apart on Clement. They’re the same restaurant, just with slightly different names. They are always busy when The Wife and I dine there when we visit SF, usually with lines out the door. The food is so damn good, much different than other regional Asian cuisine. 
 

Ariscualt Bakery, on Arguello one shop up from where Clement T’s into it. I’m a sucker for pastry, and this place knocks it out of the park. So much buttery, flakey goodness. There is almost always a line out the door here too. They often sell out early and close up before their posted hours are completed, around 2:00 pm, I believe.

Neither of these places are dives, but they aren’t snooty affairs either.

I've been to Burma Superstar a couple times. Great spot. Really wild food too, honestly. I'll have to check out that bakery as I'm out in that part of the world pretty regularly.

20 hours ago, NVGiant said:

San Francisco is such an incredible food town.


It really is. There's few if any places that rival it in the US. New York City maybe. But SF is near the top of the top.

I try to eat at a new restaurant every night here. Sometimes I end up at the same spots but there's never a shortage of new/good to try.

 

  • Cheers 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Stealthlobo said:

 Their Detroit style is so damn good!

Fcking Detroit can’t get anything right, pizza (Detroit style), hot dogs (coney dog), paczki...

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Yeah, I know I shouldn’t take people at their word, particularly on this board. Maybe you need to be more nuanced and explain yourself better? 

Oof. Let it be known now and forever more that I have never seen a local restaurant in the U.S. enslave a 6-year-old. Never in my life. The phrase was a rhetorical use of exaggeration to note that unless some business was actively abusing people or committing other felonies, then the business owners' beliefs do not factor into my enjoyment of their cheeseburger. Better for you, Soupy?

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

I've been to Burma Superstar a couple times. Great spot. Really wild food too, honestly. I'll have to check out that bakery as I'm out in that part of the world pretty regularly.


It really is. There's few if any places that rival it in the US. New York City maybe. But SF is near the top of the top.

I try to eat at a new restaurant every night here. Sometimes I end up at the same spots but there's never a shortage of new/good to try.

 

I agree. In the U.S., I think New York is the only other place in the same ballpark. If a restaurant in that town has been around a while, and it's not some Wharf tourist trap, it's almost guaranteed to be good. With all the choices, restaurants just don't make it if they aren't great.

  • Cheers 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

Fcking Detroit can’t get anything right, pizza (Detroit style), hot dogs (coney dog), paczki...

Really?? I actually prefer the light fluffy crispness of Detroit style vs the heavy deep Chicago style.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Stealthlobo said:

Really?? I actually prefer the light fluffy crispness of Detroit style vs the heavy deep Chicago style.

 

Deep dish is not Chicago style, it’s distraction to keep the tourists out of the real Chicago style joints.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stealthlobo said:

We actually ate at the cherry cricket for the first time last week! And we order from blue pan probably at least once a month. Their Detroit style is so damn good!

So in other words, I'm worthless to you. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NVGiant said:

Oof. Let it be known now and forever more that I have never seen a local restaurant in the U.S. enslave a 6-year-old. Never in my life. The phrase was a rhetorical use of exaggeration to note that unless some business was actively abusing people or committing other felonies, then the business owners' beliefs do not factor into my enjoyment of their cheeseburger. Better for you, Soupy?

I bet ole Soup is a real hit at a comedy show.. Interrupting the comedians after every sarcastic word.. "But...but.. You said...."

Good grief.. 

 

  • Cheers 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, tailingpermit said:

Better than Joe Momma’s?!

Haven't been there. I think it moved more towards Meridian which I don't get out to all that often.

3 hours ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Even despite all the competition it now has, Anchor Steam is still a darned fine brew. Reminds me of the sadly deceased Henry Weinhard's Private Reserve from Portland. For decades I drank each of them whenever I could rather than the stuff from Denver, Milwaukee and St. Louis.

I LOVED Weinhard's, especially the Red. Must have drank about half an ocean of that stuff in the 90's.

252a4e1a73f6862bf6c1b93ab69d673c_640x640

On 4/25/2021 at 2:12 PM, soupslam1 said:

Manleys closed probably before you were born. It was the ultimate dive to eat at in Boise. It was an institution. Pie alamode  was about a third of a pie and a pint of ice cream. My wife and I would split a bacon and eggs breakfast. 

Manley's was open up until 97. TP is the oldest Freshman in the history of Boise State. 

 

 

If we're talking old school "stuff yer gut" spots in Boise, the Brick Oven Beanery downtown on the Grove was a good one as well. You could get your sandwich (and they were BIG) smothered in country gravy. That was a good spot to prep for a heavy night of drinking downtown. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

Manley's was open up until 97. TP is the oldest Freshman in the history of Boise State.  

Yeah, I really should’ve double majored. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/25/2021 at 12:05 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Best, really cheap, national(ish) burger joinet?  Arctic Circle, IMHO.

Best local fast food burger?  Bad Boys on Vista, the Original West Side, Big Bun.

Who orders a burger at a restaurant?  

 

Occasionally, you can find a really good one at a nicer restaurant. Ate a killer burger in Sonoma a few years back at “the girl & the fig”.  A superb concoction that was super juicy and needed no other condiments. Brioche bun was a nice touch, so this was a French place.  Probably cost about $15.00. Expensive, I know, but worth every last penny (bite).  Excellent fries, too...

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, tailingpermit said:

Fcking Detroit can’t get anything right, pizza (Detroit style), hot dogs (coney dog), paczki...

IDK. Detroit Style Pizza is +++++ing great. It's like an Americanized version of Sicilian Pizza almost. The cupped pepperonis are great too. It's becoming a fad out here, but a welcome fad IMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, sjsbuff said:

Occasionally, you can find a really good one at a nicer restaurant. Ate a killer burger in Sonoma a few years back at “the girl & the fig”.  A superb concoction that was super juicy and needed no other condiments. Brioche bun was a nice touch, so this was a French place.  Probably cost about $15.00. Expensive, I know, but worth every last penny (bite).  Excellent fries, too...

That place is +++++ing great.

  • Cheers 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

There's some excellent burger spots in SF. Range from the low end to the high end.

Red's Java House probably has my favorite burger in town, but there's some other serious contenders out there too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joe from WY said:

IDK. Detroit Style Pizza is +++++ing great. It's like an Americanized version of Sicilian Pizza almost. The cupped pepperonis are great too. It's becoming a fad out here, but a welcome fad IMO.

Eh, reminds me too much of those square pies you’d get in the cafeteria in Jr High.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tailingpermit said:

Eh, reminds me too much of those square pies you’d get in the cafeteria in Jr High.  

That used to be my favorite day of the week.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...