Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Del Scorcho

LOL, Fox News is becoming the Enquirer/Weekly World News/the Onion

On 4/25/2021 at 12:05 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Best, really cheap, national(ish) burger joinet?  Arctic Circle, IMHO.

Best local fast food burger?  Bad Boys on Vista, the Original West Side, Big Bun.

Who orders a burger at a restaurant?  

Occasionally, you can find a really good one at a nicer restaurant. Ate a killer burger in Sonoma a few years back at “the girl & the fig”.  A superb concoction that was super juicy and needed no other condiments. Brioche bun was a nice touch, so this was a French place.  Probably cost about $15.00. Expensive, I know, but worth every last penny (bite).  Excellent fries, too...

1 hour ago, Joe from WY said:

IDK. Detroit Style Pizza is +++++ing great. It's like an Americanized version of Sicilian Pizza almost. The cupped pepperonis are great too. It's becoming a fad out here, but a welcome fad IMO.

Eh, reminds me too much of those square pies you’d get in the cafeteria in Jr High.  

56 minutes ago, azgreg said:

Is there Habit Burger in the MWC footprint? Just found out they're building one within walking distance of my house.

There's one here in the Boise area.

Better than in-n-out I think, with a bigger menu too (salads, more sides, chicken, etc.)

1 hour ago, azgreg said:

Is there Habit Burger in the MWC footprint? Just found out they're building one within walking distance of my house.

They have them in both Fresno and San Jose. 

On 4/24/2021 at 8:20 PM, Del Scorcho said:

What's with this love affair between Conservatives and Victim culture ?

What becomes of their Love Child ?

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

13 hours ago, misplacedcowboy said:

There's one here in the Boise area.

Better than in-n-out I think, with a bigger menu too (salads, more sides, chicken, etc.)

It's different than in n out. More expensive. Habit is like Chipotle for burgers... the middle road between straight fast food and sit-down style restaurant. I find their burgers to be good... definitely better than Five Guys. But for the dollar spent, in terms of pure fast food, In N Out is still the best I've had. With a close second being our little local Mexican family owned burger joint. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

One of my favorite all-time burgers is the Blue Moon burger at Harvest Moon in Modesto. They put melted blue cheese with chopped garlic and chopped jalepenos on top of the patty, throw in some bacon. I used to get one of those multiple times a the week, drink a couple Downtown Brown beers after work and flirt with a particularly cute waitress when I was kicking around out there as a young professional go-getter. Turns out, she was a lesbian with a kid. So that never happened. Worth it for the burgers, though. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

15 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

It's different than in n out. More expensive. Habit is like Chipotle for burgers... the middle road between straight fast food and sit-down style restaurant. I find their burgers to be good... definitely better than Five Guys. But for the dollar spent, in terms of pure fast food, In N Out is still the best I've had. With a close second being our little local Mexican family owned burger joint. 

Sure. But it's prices are much closer to In N Out than they are to 5 guys, plus it has a drive-thru. It's my go-to counter-service burger chain.

With that said, I always make it a priority to stop by In N Out whenever I'm in an area that has one.

1 minute ago, misplacedcowboy said:

Sure. But it's prices are much closer to In N Out than they are to 5 guys, plus it has a drive-thru. It's my go-to counter-service burger chain.

With that said, I always make it a priority to stop by In N Out whenever I'm in an area that has one.

I do think Habit is good, and they're better burgers than a lot of places that are more expensive. I guess the thing I don't like about it is the counter service burger concept in general. For various reasons, if I'm not getting a straight fast food burger drive through, I like eating a burger at a place with a bar. Tall draft and a burger with a game on the tv. 

There is one that just opened not far from me, though. So I think I'll be going there from time to time.

15 hours ago, azgreg said:

There are Habit Burger locations in SLC.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

22 hours ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Even despite all the competition it now has, Anchor Steam is still a darned fine brew. Reminds me of the sadly deceased Henry Weinhard's Private Reserve from Portland. For decades I drank each of them whenever I could rather than the stuff from Denver, Milwaukee and St. Louis.

Anchor Steam is one of my favorites. It's such a unique beer and one of the only steam beers around (if not the only one). Steam beer was a staple in SF during the gold rush days, mostly due to the lack of the refrigeration, so they use a lager yeast and brew it at warmer temperatures that you would use for an ale and voilà....steam beer. 

15 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

Right wing lies openly & their gullible fool base can't see it :(

Why are you posting this in a burger thread? Beat it!