Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Del Scorcho

LOL, Fox News is becoming the Enquirer/Weekly World News/the Onion

3 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

In the long run, we're all dead.

And @SharkTanked is right, Lottaburger is amaze balls.

Burgerville, up in Oregon, where @Orange was assistant to the assistant manager is another good regional chain. Same with Zips up in Spokane.

You're sparring with orange  in mwc board off topic forum was legendary.

110926run_defense710.jpg

17 hours ago, tailingpermit said:

I got bad memories from that bar, the Ryan Finley BYU game.  

The Dutch Goose I believe was @RogueStout’s favorite.  

The Goose was great before they remodeled and tried to become a normal restaurant. They guy finally sold it, we’ll see what it turns into. Sounds like they’re trying to turn it into a hipster gastropub.

Gil’s is a great spot and they have the best chicken fried steak I’ve ever had.

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

6 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Have not been there but agree the chicken fried at Gil's is amazing.  The chicken fried itself is full of flavor, not overly breaded and the country grave is A+.  

Joe Momma’s is my favorite breakfast place in the area, could never get myself to order anything but chicken fried steak and their home fries are great.  Only issue is I don’t believe they have a liquor license.  

11 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Yeah, I know I shouldn’t take people at their word, particularly on this board. Maybe you need to be more nuanced and explain yourself better? 

And what fun would that be? 

There's a burger joint near the station in the burbs of Houston (The Shack) that has amazing burgers and a very eclectic place that looks like it should be in Austin. The burgers are amazing, but it would be unfair to compare it to the In-N-Outs or Whataburgers of the world. Even Five Guys & Fatburger (which I like better than 5 Guys) is a strata above the true fast food places.  

Shack.jpg.5100852ad9fdda66fef4298b1826deea.jpg

19 hours ago, Stealthlobo said:

How come more of you guys know about SF more than Denver?? We're at least in the MW footprint-ish...

I do enjoy SF though. Amazing food and had a great time at Anchor (sp?) Brewery

Even despite all the competition it now has, Anchor Steam is still a darned fine brew. Reminds me of the sadly deceased Henry Weinhard's Private Reserve from Portland. For decades I drank each of them whenever I could rather than the stuff from Denver, Milwaukee and St. Louis.

19 hours ago, Stealthlobo said:

How come more of you guys know about SF more than Denver?? We're at least in the MW footprint-ish...

I do enjoy SF though. Amazing food and had a great time at Anchor (sp?) Brewery

My friend, I have a few Denver recommendations if you want them. 

https://bluepandenver.com/

https://www.yelp.com/biz/cherry-cricket-denver-3?osq=elk+burger

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

4 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

My friend, I have a few Denver recommendations if you want them. 

https://bluepandenver.com/

https://www.yelp.com/biz/cherry-cricket-denver-3?osq=elk+burger

We actually ate at the cherry cricket for the first time last week! And we order from blue pan probably at least once a month. Their Detroit style is so damn good!

31 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Yeah, I know I shouldn’t take people at their word, particularly on this board. Maybe you need to be more nuanced and explain yourself better? 

I think the burden here falls to you, soupy. If you find yourself repeatedly called out by numerous posters for failing to grasp common rhetorical devices like sarcasm, satire, irony, paradox, etc, it’s up to you to make yourself more familiar with how they work on this forum, not up to the various writers to slap an asterisk onto the end of a particularly witty sentence or paragraph and follow that up with a “soupslam1 explanation/translation.”

I do feel for you, soup. It’s got to be rough going through life treating every sentence you read or hear as literal and be unable to supply context in order to grasp their actual meaning. English is such a fun language to play with. 

49 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Oof. Let it be known now and forever more that I have never seen a local restaurant in the U.S. enslave a 6-year-old. Never in my life. The phrase was a rhetorical use of exaggeration to note that unless some business was actively abusing people or committing other felonies, then the business owners' beliefs do not factor into my enjoyment of their cheeseburger. Better for you, Soupy?

31 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

I've been to Burma Superstar a couple times. Great spot. Really wild food too, honestly. I'll have to check out that bakery as I'm out in that part of the world pretty regularly.

It really is. There's few if any places that rival it in the US. New York City maybe. But SF is near the top of the top.

I try to eat at a new restaurant every night here. Sometimes I end up at the same spots but there's never a shortage of new/good to try.

I agree. In the U.S., I think New York is the only other place in the same ballpark. If a restaurant in that town has been around a while, and it's not some Wharf tourist trap, it's almost guaranteed to be good. With all the choices, restaurants just don't make it if they aren't great.

50 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

Fcking Detroit can’t get anything right, pizza (Detroit style), hot dogs (coney dog), paczki...

Really?? I actually prefer the light fluffy crispness of Detroit style vs the heavy deep Chicago style.

2 minutes ago, Stealthlobo said:

Really?? I actually prefer the light fluffy crispness of Detroit style vs the heavy deep Chicago style.

Deep dish is not Chicago style, it’s distraction to keep the tourists out of the real Chicago style joints.  

1 hour ago, Stealthlobo said:

We actually ate at the cherry cricket for the first time last week! And we order from blue pan probably at least once a month. Their Detroit style is so damn good!

So in other words, I'm worthless to you. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

1 hour ago, NVGiant said:

Oof. Let it be known now and forever more that I have never seen a local restaurant in the U.S. enslave a 6-year-old. Never in my life. The phrase was a rhetorical use of exaggeration to note that unless some business was actively abusing people or committing other felonies, then the business owners' beliefs do not factor into my enjoyment of their cheeseburger. Better for you, Soupy?

I bet ole Soup is a real hit at a comedy show.. Interrupting the comedians after every sarcastic word.. "But...but.. You said...."

Good grief.. 

5 hours ago, tailingpermit said:

Better than Joe Momma’s?!

Haven't been there. I think it moved more towards Meridian which I don't get out to all that often.

3 hours ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Even despite all the competition it now has, Anchor Steam is still a darned fine brew. Reminds me of the sadly deceased Henry Weinhard's Private Reserve from Portland. For decades I drank each of them whenever I could rather than the stuff from Denver, Milwaukee and St. Louis.

I LOVED Weinhard's, especially the Red. Must have drank about half an ocean of that stuff in the 90's.

252a4e1a73f6862bf6c1b93ab69d673c_640x640

On 4/25/2021 at 2:12 PM, soupslam1 said:

Manleys closed probably before you were born. It was the ultimate dive to eat at in Boise. It was an institution. Pie alamode  was about a third of a pie and a pint of ice cream. My wife and I would split a bacon and eggs breakfast. 

Manley's was open up until 97. TP is the oldest Freshman in the history of Boise State. 

If we're talking old school "stuff yer gut" spots in Boise, the Brick Oven Beanery downtown on the Grove was a good one as well. You could get your sandwich (and they were BIG) smothered in country gravy. That was a good spot to prep for a heavy night of drinking downtown. 

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok