Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Every republican in Idaho is complete scum. Yes, that means, you, your dad, mom and uncle too.

On 4/29/2021 at 1:32 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

If I was emperor of Idaho, that is exactly what I would do but I would rather see compromise in the form of more welfare than see 1,400 wolves killed.

Kill all the bald eagles because fvck the feds and save the ranchers up next?

https://thehill.com/changing-america/sustainability/environment/556837-bald-eagles-swoop-down-on-idaho-farm-and-kill-54?amp&__twitter_impression=true

28 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Do we think this is true, or just bullshit?

$7500 isn’t much of a loss.  

Greetings mwcboard non sports forum

My name is Connor

My PPPAs are he/him/his

I'm a native of Idaho. The bad news is, if you don't want to deal right wing nut jobs running your state, you're going to have leave. I did.

The good news is that it can't get any worse than Idaho. 

On 4/29/2021 at 5:12 PM, smltwnrckr said:

Tulare Lake was the largest freshwater lake west of the Mississippi. High end hotels in SF during the gold rush served fish and fowl from the lake on their menus. 

Buena Vista Lake wasn't that much smaller. Edit - actually BV lake was quite a bit smaller but still large. Supposedly after wet winters the lakes would merge and the entire south Valley would be an inland sea.

One of the things that blew my mind when I first found out about that was the fact that back in the day, you could take a boat from San Francisco all the way to Tulare Lake. 

27 minutes ago, Pasco Bronco said:

Greetings mwcboard non sports forum

My name is Connor

My PPPAs are he/him/his

I'm a native of Idaho. The bad news is, if you don't want to deal right wing nut jobs running your state, you're going to have leave. I did.

The good news is that it can't get any worse than Idaho. 

The hell it can't:

15 minutes ago, grandjean87 said:

The hell it can't:

We agree, it can and will get worse in Idaho. It's a safe haven for radical right wing extremists thanks to this kind of political messaging.

The point in my previous post was Idaho's right wing extremism is as bad it gets. Where I live now, in the Tri-Cities, it's every bit as conservative as Idaho. But progressives are protected from extremism by fair minded political bodies at the state level.

On 4/29/2021 at 2:12 PM, smltwnrckr said:

Tulare Lake was the largest freshwater lake west of the Mississippi. High end hotels in SF during the gold rush served fish and fowl from the lake on their menus. 

Buena Vista Lake wasn't that much smaller. Edit - actually BV lake was quite a bit smaller but still large. Supposedly after wet winters the lakes would merge and the entire south Valley would be an inland sea.

Tulare was a lake?  Damn I never knew that and I grew up in CA.  That’s why this board is so valuable.:Clapping:

2 minutes ago, Pasco Bronco said:

We agree, it can and will get worse in Idaho. It's a safe haven for radical right wing extremists thanks to this kind of political messaging.

The point in my previous post was Idaho's right wing extremism is as bad it gets. Where I live now, in the Tri-Cities, it's every bit as conservative as Idaho. But progressives are protected from extremism by fair minded political bodies at the state level.

It will get worse as every Trumper in CA is moving to Idaho. 

14 minutes ago, Pasco Bronco said:

I don't think Janice has a real chance, but I've been wrong before.  The anti-Little vote will get split, and I know big money is already at work to crush her.  She even drew the public ire of former Gov. Otter while Little was still out of state.  

2 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

If they had their way the Frank Church would be open to clear cutting, new mining claims, and all year mountain lion and bear hunting without a permit.

6 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Like I said earlier in the thread.  Traditional Mormon conservative power brokers are this states best hope.  Let that sink in.

Hey @halfmanhalfbronco. Looks like the Idaho Lt. Gov. is no fan of the first amendment, either. https://www.idahostatesman.com/opinion/from-the-opinion-editor/article252002283.html.

Meanwhile here in Oregon, even fellow Republicans want to expel this asshole from the state house: https://www.opb.org/article/2021/06/07/oregon-mike-nearman-expulsion-special-committee/.

Good times.

25 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Hey @halfmanhalfbronco. Looks like the Idaho Lt. Gov. is no fan of the first amendment, either. https://www.idahostatesman.com/opinion/from-the-opinion-editor/article252002283.html.

Meanwhile here in Oregon, even fellow Republicans want to expel this asshole from the state house: https://www.opb.org/article/2021/06/07/oregon-mike-nearman-expulsion-special-committee/.

Good times.

I also read a linked article on the same page on the doings of the task force itself 

https://www.idahostatesman.com/opinion/from-the-opinion-editor/article251829013.html

Man, what a +++++ing clown show you guys got out there in Idaho. And as I expected, they're unable to really define what critical race theory really is and are also expanding that definition to include all critical theory. Which they also dont know what it is... even the academic, who is from poli sci which I believe you can get through without much if any critical theory.

It's just the red scare all over again. But dumber. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

37 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

I also read a linked article on the same page on the doings of the task force itself 

https://www.idahostatesman.com/opinion/from-the-opinion-editor/article251829013.html

Man, what a +++++ing clown show you guys got out there in Idaho. And as I expected, they're unable to really define what critical race theory really is and are also expanding that definition to include all critical theory. Which they also dont know what it is... even the academic, who is from poli sci which I believe you can get through without much if any critical theory.

It's just the red scare all over again. But dumber. 

That's a good analogy. I think I told you about the four yahoos running for school board here, too. Critical race theory was their main issue, even though nothing like it is currently taught in our school district. Lord knows what they had planned had they not gotten trounced in all four races. (And how could we know, since they refused to talk to local press or participate in any candidate forums?)

1 minute ago, NVGiant said:

That's a good analogy. I think I told you about the four yahoos running for school board here, too. Critical race theory was their main issue, even though nothing like it is currently taught in our school district. Lord knows what they had planned had they not gotten trounced in all four races. (And how could we know, since they refused to talk to local press or participate in any candidate forums?)

My assumption is that these people would say changes to the state history curriculum in California that now teach that the Mission system was bad for Indians is CRT or something. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.