Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Every republican in Idaho is complete scum. Yes, that means, you, your dad, mom and uncle too.

38 minutes ago, grandjean87 said:

Wolves have been a lightning rod since the beginning. My former brother-in-law retired after many years working a fed job in predator control.  From the time the wolves were introduced, it was SSSU (shoot, shovel, shut up) for many in the remote areas.  The suburban and rural hunter “morans” joined ranks early. 

Introduced? They’d been there for millions of years until they were extirpated. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

9 minutes ago, grandjean87 said:

Re-introduced.  Unlike the grizz who dwindled, but remained in small numbers. Although @halfmanhalfbronco, did Idaho have some roamers in the Selkirks before the re-introduction?

Indeed.  The wolves we grabbed from Canada to bring to Idaho were only about 120 miles north from the Kirks.  Which is just a hip, skip and a jump for wolves or Kilian Jornet.  Individuals and packs alike could still be found there.

1 hour ago, sean327 said:

Why can’t Idaho ranchers sit down with ranchers from New Mexico and Arizona? Ranchers from both states have figured out how to live with the reintroduction of the Mexican Grey Wolf, and they’ve done it very successfully.
This is a knee jerk reaction to a problem that has already been solved in the Southwest. 

The grey woof population is 115 in New Mexico, proposed plan in Idaho is 150 with the current number being around 1,500.  

I’d like to hear what the Idaho Fish and Wildlife thinks is a “sustainable” population.  

2 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

They shall be hurled to the power of the sword; They shall be a portion for foxes.

Every one of em.

Sounds like the wolves need a smart lawyer... 😏.   Oh shit he became a powerless ranger instead 😢

sorry HMHB, I should really take my wife’s advice and try to not be an asshole. 😞

2 hours ago, sean327 said:

Why can’t Idaho ranchers sit down with ranchers from New Mexico and Arizona? Ranchers from both states have figured out how to live with the reintroduction of the Mexican Grey Wolf, and they’ve done it very successfully.
This is a knee jerk reaction to a problem that has already been solved in the Southwest. 

Deep Red Republican versus not.   

56 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

The grey woof population is 115 in New Mexico, proposed plan in Idaho is 150 with the current number being around 1,500.  

I’d like to hear what the Idaho Fish and Wildlife thinks is a “sustainable” population.  

A lot more.  

https://www.biologicaldiversity.org/campaigns/gray_wolves/pdfs/Making_Room_for_Recovery_print.pdf

2 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

I can't believe it passed, yet it is on brand for Idaho recently.  90% is playing God for a species that should be there.  

Best hope is that Little refuses to sign it at this point.  I'm drafting an email.

3 hours ago, AndroidAggie said:

please explain why it's so awful that the wolves are killed

(asking out of pure ignorance)

winter kill of elk was brutal in Yellowstone before the wolf was reintroduced.  The place simply had too many elk and buffalo to support.  We needed a hunting season or a predator.  Simple biology

The wolf has its place in Idaho. Depredation isn't a major issue, except in rare cases, like when Jeff Siddoway lost over 100 sheep due to them crushing themselves to death.

Then again, Siddoway was grazing his sheep on BLM land, basically wild lands in Idaho.

https://www.capitalpress.com/state/idaho/wolves-claim-176-east-idaho-sheep/article_5aa35dca-c28e-5cd9-8268-f56283462720.html

13 minutes ago, CV147 said:

The wolf has its place in Idaho. Depredation isn't a major issue, except in rare cases, like when Jeff Siddoway lost over 100 sheep due to them crushing themselves to death.

Then again, Siddoway was grazing his sheep on BLM land, basically wild lands in Idaho.

https://www.capitalpress.com/state/idaho/wolves-claim-176-east-idaho-sheep/article_5aa35dca-c28e-5cd9-8268-f56283462720.html

Idaho has always been prime wolf habitat.  With historical estimates in the tens of thousands (as high as 50,000).  The elk were fine.  An ideal target for the Elk, deer, fish, rivers, birds, critical flora, etc...would be about 4000-5000.  

image.png.6a025a7142c80a624b29b3104ad8491d.png

1 hour ago, sactowndog said:

Deep Red Republican versus not.   

I don’t think party has anything to do with it. I believe it’s mostly cultural.

7 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Damn dude tone down the rhetoric. I’m a registered Republican and I don’t advocate for wiping out the wolves. One of Idaho’s favorite sons and one of the better ex Boise State football players hunts wolves. Are we both scum? 

Do you support the legislation passed?