Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

It's about freaking time. President Biden Declares Mass Killings of Armenians a Genocide.

1 hour ago, Wyoguns said:

I don’t want to be a callous asshole but who cares

oh given the dynamic nature of international relations with Turkey right now I think most should care.  The list of grievances with Turkey is growing, with Turkey and Greece going at each other, Turkey installing Russian anti-aircraft weapons, etc, Turkey is pushing buttons all over Europe and in the US.  This is a shot across their bow that we will cross lines if they go to far embracing Russia and toward Islamic rule.  All about diplomacy.  It matters

2 hours ago, sactowndog said:

Are you Armenian Retro?   From the valley so figured perhaps...

Nah, I'm not. My ancestry is primarily Swedish, English, and Scottish in that order. That said, growing up in the valley, you learn a lot about the Armenian heritage, a couple of my friends growing up are Armenian as well. 

3 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

What a bunch of turkeys! 

I wanted to face-palm because it didn't deserve a lol emoji but didn't want to give the wrong impression.... A good dad joke which deserves a face-palm. 

2 hours ago, Wyoguns said:

I seriously doubt most of them care.   I don’t know or care

I saw Twitter posts from people I don't follow for political reasons that have aremenian backgrounds that care very much about this..... Telling stories some of their family not making it out while others made to America and how big of a deal it is. 

Just because you don't know about it doesn't mean it isnt a big deal. 

2 hours ago, Billings said:

oh given the dynamic nature of international relations with Turkey right now I think most should care.  The list of grievances with Turkey is growing, with Turkey and Greece going at each other, Turkey installing Russian anti-aircraft weapons, etc, Turkey is pushing buttons all over Europe and in the US.  This is a shot across their bow that we will cross lines if they go to far embracing Russia and toward Islamic rule.  All about diplomacy.  It matters

So let’s poke the bear when in the big scheme of things it doesn’t +++++ing matter!  +++++ing dumb...

Just now, Wyoguns said:

So let’s poke the bear when in the big scheme of things it doesn’t +++++ing matter!  +++++ing dumb...

Turkey has been poking everyone.  Who is the bear?  So just keep getting poked and not respond?  Nah it matters

5 minutes ago, Billings said:

Turkey has been poking everyone.  Who is the bear?  So just keep getting poked and not respond?  Nah it matters

Respectfully I disagree.  I just think poking the bear for shits and giggles because Biden doesn’t really give a shit is dumb.  Grandstanding at its best 

1 hour ago, Wyoguns said:

Respectfully I disagree.  I just think poking the bear for shits and giggles because Biden doesn’t really give a shit is dumb.  Grandstanding at its best 

Turkey is the bear? Jeezuz we really fell during the last 4 years I guess. 

3 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

President Biden on Saturday recognized the mass killings of Americans more than a century ago as genocide, 

Biden in his demented state thought he was talking about our civil war.

How’s you’re brother in law’s neighbor’s step kid’s friend doing with his vaccine blood clot? 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

21 hours ago, sactowndog said:

Are you Armenian Retro?   From the valley so figured perhaps...

19 hours ago, retrofade said:

Nah, I'm not. My ancestry is primarily Swedish, English, and Scottish in that order. That said, growing up in the valley, you learn a lot about the Armenian heritage, a couple of my friends growing up are Armenian as well. 

The largest Armenian dispora is in CA. Primarily in LA Co. Then, Fresno Co.

Knowing several Arm-Ams and having them as neighbors, I am happy that this administration has recognized this atrocity. Long over do.

6 minutes ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

The largest Armenian dispora is in CA. Primarily in LA Co. Then, Fresno Co.

Knowing several Arm-Ams and having them as neighbors, I am happy that this administration has recognized this atrocity. Long over do.

I don't know why I know this, but the Kardashians are at least part Armenian.

I'm gonna go and rethink my life, having that sort of knowledge.

Just now, son of a gun said:

Everyone knows that. Their last name is totally Armenian. Common prefixes in Armenian surnames are -ian or -yan.

On 4/24/2021 at 10:38 AM, son of a gun said:

Glad a President finally did so. Will be interesting to see how the Turks (and Erdogan specifically) react to this.

I don't think much will become of it. Erodgan talks big, but he likes our money. And as you know we have two Air Force bases in Turkey (Incirlik and Izmir).

On 4/24/2021 at 2:56 PM, sean327 said:

Yes it does. The entire World knew what happened and turned a blind eye to it.

If we really want to show some balls, we will finally acknowledge our genocide of Native Americans. 

Already happened in 2009.

https://en.m.wikisource.org/wiki/Native_American_Apology_Resolution

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 4/25/2021 at 2:39 PM, son of a gun said:

All you really need to know about this issue is, were it not for the Armenian genocide, the kardashian family as we know them would not exist. That alone makes it among the worst atrocities in human history. 

I feel the same way about 9/11. If Pete Davidson’s father had not died on 9/11, he wouldn’t have experienced the trauma that led him to become a comedian. Subjecting us to his career is the worst thing those terrorists did that day. I think about that every time someone says “never forget” on Facebook. 

On 4/25/2021 at 2:55 PM, Joe from WY said:

It's true. Jerry Tarkanian as another example.

If it wasn't for the Armenian Genocide, UNLV might not exist today...

"Tarkanian, the son of Armenian immigrants, was born in Euclid, Ohio in 1930.[3] His mother, Rose, was a survivor of the Armenian Genocide.[4] Tarkanian's maternal grandfather, Mickael, was an Ottoman government official who was beheaded by Turkish authorities.[5][6] Mickael's son was also decapitated by the same authorities.[5][6] Fearing for their lives, Rose and the rest of her siblings eventually escaped the Ottoman Empire and settled in Lebanon where Rose met George Tarkanian. The couple married and moved to the United States."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_Tarkanian