Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

National Hockey League PLAYOFFS !!!!!!!!!!!

I'm hoping for a Vegas Golden Knights vs New York Islanders final. They'll be closing down the Nassau Coliseum soon and I highly recommend that all NHL fans watch the ESPN 30 for 30 documentary called "BIG SHOT". It's great! Go Vegas! Beat the Canadians.

Big Shot Poster

1 hour ago, crixus said:

I'm hoping for a Vegas Golden Knights vs New York Islanders final. They'll be closing down the Nassau Coliseum soon and I highly recommend that all NHL fans watch the ESPN 30 for 30 documentary called "BIG SHOT". It's great! Go Vegas! Beat the Canadians.

Big Shot Poster

I absolutely love that the Isles have returned to Nassau coliseum for one last season.  It would be an amazing story if they got to hoist the cup one last time and for the first time since 1983 in that old arena.  Heck, the reason the New York Isladers franchise even exists is in part owed to Nassau coliseum.  The NHL wanted to keep a WHL team from moving into the coliseum which was new back in the early 70's so they elected to allow a new franchise to join the league (i.e. the Islanders) just to head off WHL expansion.  Watching the Isles games this season, and especially in the playoffs has been electric as they finally after so many decades of struggle following the early 80's dynasty once again have solid ownership, coaching, management, an elite team and a re-energized fanbase.

23 hours ago, Lester_in_reno said:

Bolts are 2:1 favorites Sunday.

OPEN: O/U: 5.5 TB -185
LIVE: O/U: 5.5 TB -200

LVGKs are bigger favorites on Monday!

OPEN: O/U: 5.5 VEG -280
LIVE: O/U: 5.5 VEG -263

The Pens were favored over the Isles.  The Bruins were favored over the Isles.  The lightning are favored over the Isles and lost game one and were outplayed by the Isles.  The Isles are the highest scoring team, both at home and on the road in the playoffs thus far.  Perhaps it's time the odds makers stop thinking of the Isles as not up to the task?