Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

National Hockey League PLAYOFFS !!!!!!!!!!!

I keep wondering what the hell happened to the Av’s tender for Vegas’ first goal.  It was a simple saucer throw to the net but he was looking to the corner.  

I’m sad to see this series end, what an amazing 6 games of ice time.  I doubt I’ll watch another game during these playoffs unless it gets to a game 7.  I’m not a fan of either team, but what a ride!

45 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

I keep wondering what the hell happened to the Av’s tender for Vegas’ first goal.  It was a simple saucer throw to the net but he was looking to the corner.  

I’m sad to see this series end, what an amazing 6 games of ice time.  I doubt I’ll watch another game during these playoffs unless it gets to a game 7.  I’m not a fan of either team, but what a ride!

Whether the Knights win it all or not, I would say this was the true Stanley Cup Final. Two of the best teams in hockey had to meet in the 2nd Round and gave the most entertaining series of the playoffs across the board. 

A Knights/Tampa final has lots of potential. Can't sleep on the Habs tho, any team with a hot goalie is dangerous. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

12 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

Whether the Knights win it all or not, I would say this was the true Stanley Cup Final. Two of the best teams in hockey had to meet in the 2nd Round and gave the most entertaining series of the playoffs across the board. 

A Knights/Tampa final has lots of potential. Can't sleep on the Habs tho, any team with a hot goalie is dangerous. 

I completely agree in regard that this was the Stanley Cup final. 

To talk about a “hot goalie,” my God - the shot blocking these days by the front three and defensemen is incredible.  With the higher goalie pads it’s almost impossible to beat them through the 5 hole.  

I believe what we’ve seen this series is that it takes deflections, cross ice one timers and high corner shots to beat the best two goaltenders in the league.  Of course they both let in soft goals at times. 

Again, what a series.  Sad to see it end!

Semifinal: #1 Vegas vgs.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true vs #4 Montreal mtl.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true 

Game 1: Monday June 14, 9 p.m. NBCSN
Game 2: Wednesday, June 16, 9 p.m. NBCSN
Game 3: Friday, June 18, 8 p.m. USA Network
Game 4: Sunday, June 20, 8 p.m. NBCSN
Game 5: Tuesday, June 22, 8 p.m. NBCSN
Game 6: Thursday, June 24, 8 p.m. USA Network
Game 7: Saturday, June 26, 8 p.m. NBCSN

*Eastern Time

Semifinal#2 Tampa Bay tb.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true vs #3 NY Islanders nyi.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

Game 1: Sunday, June 13, 3 p.m. NBC
Game 2: Tuesday, June 15, 8 p.m. NBCSN
Game 3: Thursday, June 17, 8 p.m. USA Network
Game 4: Saturday, June 19, 8 p.m. USA Network
Game 5: Monday, June 21, 8 p.m. NBCSN
Game 6: Wednesday, June 23, 8 p.m. NBCSN
Game 7: Friday, June 25, 8 p.m. NBCSN

*Eastern Time

I am glad the Knights won that series, but I am a little sad to see it end.  That was some of the best hockey I've seen in quite some time. I spent the entire game, from puck drop to the final buzzer, on the edge of my seat because both teams were capable of game changing plays at any time. Incredible goal tending, high powered offenses, and two damn good teams slugging it out.