Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

National Hockey League PLAYOFFS !!!!!!!!!!!

28 minutes ago, Rosegreen said:

Reason why you always keep your head on a swivel. 

image.jpeg.13b436bd8a3c8206e2773adf8bc28d3a.jpeg

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

“The Moose is loose! And you don’t have to go home. But you do have to leave. Because THIS PARTY IS OVER!”

PS. Watch the cross check by Roy on Donskoi in the slot that set up the cross ice pass from MacKinnon to Rantanen.  Its the ref’s fault he did that. 😀

10 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

Try turning on the same edge and keeping your head up. 

Pretty impossible to keep your head on a swivel when a guy is coming at you at 20+mph from over 100 feet away.

2 hours ago, tailingpermit said:

Ruined an amazing game. 

Yeah, that was nothing more than fighting for stick position on the face off and one guy losing the grip on his stick. Throwing your arms up and whining should not be rewarded.

3 minutes ago, TrueAg said:

Yeah, that was nothing more than fighting for stick position on the face off and one guy losing the grip on his stick. Throwing your arms up and whining should not be rewarded.

How would you evaluate the uncalled cross check to Landeskog’s nose in the 3rd period on a face off? Fighting for stick position?

The Knight player was not fighting for stick position on the face off. Vegas had already won the face off. The Knight player was doing his best to prevent Rantanen  from getting to his defensive coverage on the point.  He swiped Rantanen’s stick away. Not the worst of penalties but certainly fell under the NHL guidelines of slashing.

I don't like blaming the officials, when both teams had dozens of opportunities to win in regulation. Which they did.

Vegas only getting 1 goal in the second period when they dominated and out shot the Avs 20 - 7 was the difference.

13 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

I don't like blaming the officials, when both teams had dozens of opportunities to win in regulation. Which they did.

Vegas only getting 1 goal in the second period when they dominated and out shot the Avs 20 - 7 was the difference.

I agree with this and I'm not blaming officials but, as a fan of hockey, it's just sad to see a game like this be interfered with by officials. They have to be more aware of the situation. That is a call that is not getting made 7 times out of 10 during regulation let alone 40 or 50 seconds into OT of a hotly contested playoff game. I'm all for calling obvious or egregious penalties but I also would have rather watched the teams settle it.

1 hour ago, Del Scorcho said:

That and the knuckle puck (1st goal) that went through Fluery’s legs.  Not now, but at some point he’s going to get teased for that.  

Something had to give with the huge amount of shots on goal for Vegas the past two games.  

Another amazing game to watch, thought it was over after 2-1.  

I think this is going 7 games, winner wins the cup.  

5 hours ago, tailingpermit said:

Something had to give with the huge amount of shots on goal for Vegas the past two games.  

Another amazing game to watch, thought it was over after 2-1.  

I think this is going 7 games, winner wins the cup.  

Av’s really missing Kadri who centers their second line. Burakowsky and Donskoi have disappeared as a result.

Vegas is winning most of the 50/50’s. That doesnt bode well for the Av’s.

13 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Av’s really missing Kadri who centers their second line. Burakowsky and Donskoi have disappeared as a result.

Vegas is winning most of the 50/50’s. That doesnt bode well for the Av’s.

The Av’s did something in game two that I didn’t see in game three.  Everyone was in the neutral zone other than one player.  They would pass the puck back to him behind the Av’s blue line and then he would skate at Mach 2 into the Vegas zone.  It worked well, I just wondered why a Vegas player wouldn’t clock him onto the ice.  I also wonder why they stopped doing that in game three.