Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

National Hockey League PLAYOFFS !!!!!!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

Meh, he missed some easy saves.  The non screened shot through the five hole was one.  

MacKinnon looked him off on that shot. Lerner was looking for a cross ice pass because thats where Mackinnon’s eyes were looking.

10 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

Again, what was the reason he started?

Deboer trying to be smart. Giving Fleury extra rest after a 7 game series with Game 2 on Wednesday. Everytime he tries to play around with goalies he gets burned. 

Plus the GM/Deboer trying to justify giving Lehner a big contract when they tried to replace Fleury with him last year. They benched Fleury after a bad stretch of games (his father had literally just died) and that led to the drama with MAF's agent posting the pic on twitter with fleury getting stabbed in the back. This season was actually supposed to be a goalie1 competition but Fleury literally played too good for them to justify going w/ Lehner. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

8 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

MacKinnon looked him off on that shot. Lerner was looking for a cross ice pass because thats where Mackinnon’s eyes were looking.

As a tender, you don’t look at the eyes - just the puck.  Again, there was no screen and he failed to put both pads down in a traditional butterfly.  

Patrick Roy knew that 90% of his saves were going to be in the butterfly position.  I was a goalie as a kid through high school, was lucky enough to skate with Michigan State players as well as alumnus such as Anson Carter and Bryan Smolinski during after hours of college camp because they always needed another goalie.  

31 minutes ago, Subcanis said:

Meh. Reeves is generally pretty grounded considering his role. 

Everyone on a team down 7-1 gets a little chippy. 

What an ass kicking.  

Yeah, it's basically his job, and he was retaliating against Graves' dirty hit earlier. But I saw a couple of Avalanche fans on twitter who think their team were angels tonight, lol.

8 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

Deboer trying to be smart. Giving Fleury extra rest after a 7 game series with Game 2 on Wednesday. Everytime he tries to play around with goalies he gets burned. 

Plus the GM/Deboer trying to justify giving Lehner a big contract when they tried to replace Fleury with him last year. They benched Fleury after a bad stretch of games (his father had literally just died) and that led to the drama with MAF's agent posting the pic on twitter with fleury getting stabbed in the back. This season was actually supposed to be a goalie1 competition but Fleury literally played too good for them to justify going w/ Lehner. 

It’s interesting that the Blackhawks traded Lehner that had just come off of a substance issue and has since been in recovery, Crawford at the same time was dealing with the same but not in recovery.  

7 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

Yeah, it's basically his job, and he was retaliating against Graves' dirty hit earlier. But I saw a couple of Avalanche fans on twitter who think their team were angels tonight, lol.

The Graves hit was far from dirty. Shoulder to chest. No elbow or high stick. Janmark hurt himself when he hit his head against the boards after the hit.  Two minutes for interference.

11 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

15 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

As a tender, you don’t look at the eyes - just the puck.  Again, there was no screen and he failed to put both pads down in a traditional butterfly.  

Patrick Roy knew that 90% of his saves were going to be in the butterfly position.  I was a goalie as a kid through high school, was lucky enough to skate with Michigan State players as well as alumnus such as Anson Carter and Bryan Smolinski during after hours of college camp because they always needed another goalie.  

Very true, but Lehner was probably kinda shell-shocked from all the cross ice passes he was subjected to. And I doubt it would have made a difference if his pads were closed. MacKinnon probably would have shot it in the corner if the 5-hole wasnt wide open.

7 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

The Graves hit was far from dirty. Shoulder to chest. No elbow or high stick. Janmark hurt himself when he hit his head against the boards after the hit.  Two minutes for interference.

Yeah, I saw Glockner defend it as well. He lives in Denver, yeah? Janmark shouldn't have crashed his head on the boards when he got hit, lol. Kinda like 'don't hurt your hand when you hit someone in the face'. :D

And btw, I'm not saying Reavo wasn't over the top, lol.

Avs absolutely outplayed the Knights tonight. Pretty much expected a loss for this first game, but not this beatdown. the Knights can use the extra day between games to reset, especially after coming off a 7 game series. I think they come out with a lot more effort and intensity, which was nonexistent almost the entire game.

11 minutes ago, Lester_in_reno said:

10 games for Scheifele? the play was over..... It was an assault!

9b29ce44-a664-4c83-b92f-6a7c34952bd7-USP

eSGRKZlv1wMs_EAepQVNi0gkX_1440x.960.jpg

Habs fan here. If Scheifele isn’t suspended for the rest of the series it’s going to be miserable for him out there. 

1 hour ago, Del Scorcho said:

Winnipeg killed a guy tonight

I was watching when that happened, it was awful. I hope Evans is ok, he was out cold, but I was glad to see him give the thumbs up.