Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

National Hockey League PLAYOFFS !!!!!!!!!!!

On 5/2/2021 at 12:01 PM, UNLV2001 said:

https://achahockey.org/mens-division-2-teams

Now that I looked I see SJSU & SDSU in the ACHA Division II - Lot's of major universities sprinkled around the ACHA divisions 

Yes, it’s a lot of fun. SJSU, SDSU, and BSU just recently joined the Pac8 conference. SJSU used to compete in the PCHA where they had won the most conference titles.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_8_Intercollegiate_Hockey_Conference

I wonder sometimes if with all these new facilities and youth leagues out west if we all can’t try and join the NCAA someday. ASU did it, maybe some of us can join them at some point. 

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

11 hours ago, Old_Sparty1857 said:

Yes, it’s a lot of fun. SJSU, SDSU, and BSU just recently joined the Pac8 conference. SJSU used to compete in the PCHA were they had won the most conference titles.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_8_Intercollegiate_Hockey_Conference

I wonder sometimes if with all these new facilities and youth leagues out west if we all can’t try and join NCAA someday. ASU did it, maybe some of us can join them at some point. 

Pretty sure UNLV's end game is to get full blown NCAA program going 

6 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

giphy.gif?cid=e3b0c4425d2b57fe3776315032ae9ebb&rid=giphy.gif

That list is disgusting.  I dislike Fleury but I absolutely loathe Roy!  And don't even get me started on Brodeur who played behind perhaps the most defensive team in the history of the NHL during perhaps the most low scoring, shut down, clutch and grab era the NHL has ever known.  

On 5/11/2021 at 10:00 AM, Gator 82 said:

I’ve all of a sudden become an LA Kings fan for a few days

They are not helping us tonight. They could at least play spoiler for 1 game. 

But I blame the loss on Monday on the admin. What stupidity that was. 

On 5/11/2021 at 10:00 AM, Gator 82 said:

I’ve all of a sudden become an LA Kings fan for a few days

They’ve completely mailed it in tonight, wheels have come off for the organization. Our HC just abruptly bailed on a presser, said he was wasting his time and then a minute later just got up and left. He was hot under the collar. 

16 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

They are not helping us tonight. They could at least play spoiler for 1 game. 

But I blame the loss on Monday on the admin. What stupidity that was. 

Sharks played like a$$ last night, too. Kings and Sharts have nothing to play for. We had our chance and didn't capitalize. Good news is we should have home ice through entire playoffs unless it's against the avs. 

4 hours ago, toonkee said:

Sharks played like a$$ last night, too. Kings and Sharts have nothing to play for. We had our chance and didn't capitalize. Good news is we should have home ice through entire playoffs unless it's against the avs. 

VGK spit the bit, BUT... maybe there is something to that President's Trophy curse?

I just want to make sure we have Patches back. Reaves would be nice to have against the big, hard hitting Wild too.

Gotta admit, Minny makes me nervous. Probably the only team in the NHL that has had our number since the beginning.

29 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

VGK spit the bit, BUT... maybe there is something to that President's Trophy curse?

I just want to make sure we have Patches back. Reaves would be nice to have against the big, hard hitting Wild too.

Gotta admit, Minny makes me nervous. Probably the only team in the NHL that has had our number since the beginning.

Colorado in the playoffs is going to be scary.  As a Minnesota fan I would much rather play Vegas than Colorado but both will be a challenge to get past.  Vegas goaltending alone can win a series.

I was hoping for home ice but at least Minnesota doesn't have to face Colorado in the first round.  Colorado is my pick to win it all.  Minnesota vs Vegas is gonna be fun!

cut.png

10 hours ago, SharkTanked said:

Minny has looked worn out lately.... Blues are red hot. We might've lucked out getting Minny.

Real headscratcher of Deboer to put the West Division and President Trophy in Lehner's hands.. Fleury clearly playing better. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

9 hours ago, Rebels18 said:

Minny has looked worn out lately.... Blues are red hot. We might've lucked out getting Minny.

Real headscratcher of Deboer to put the West Division and President Trophy in Lehner's hands.. Fleury clearly playing better. 

Deboer has always liked Lehner better. Not sure why. Especially this season. Fleury is having a career season.