Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Billings

Covid vaccine hesitancy. A map of the US by county

Interesting info.   San Francisco has only 7% of the population who hesitate to get vaccinated.  On the island I live the rate is 12%.   Decent number.  Now we just need to keep requiring tourists to show a negative test, or soon, proof of vaccination.

(map in the middle can be zoomed out to show entire country)

https://abc7news.com/covid-vaccine-appointment-california-ca/10517371/

3 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Everybody is trying to get vaccinated here and they have a ton of vaccination sites all around the City and the greater Bay Area. 7% seems about right as far as hesitancy goes.

My son lives in San Fran and at 31 is fully vaccinated.  He said it was super easy and walking/mass transit accessible for most neighborhoods.

5 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

I'm 32 and I've been fully vaccinated for 2 weeks now. (Got the J&J at the Coliseum)

It is super easy, especially now. Was hard to find doses a little while ago but they're all over now.

When is your blood clot hitting? 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

28 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Everybody is trying to get vaccinated here and they have a ton of vaccination sites all around the City and the greater Bay Area.

What's the deal with @TheSanDiegan's?

This says 11% are vaccine hesitant in San Diego, but according to the NYT today, only 50% of those over 65 are fully vaccinated. Almost all of the Bay Area Counties and many others in CA are around 70% or above for older folks.

Ada County, ID (Boise) has over twice the hesitancy (24%) as SD but already at 80% for seniors.

55 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

What's the deal with @TheSanDiegan's?

This says 11% are vaccine hesitant in San Diego, but according to the NYT today, only 50% of those over 65 are fully vaccinated. Almost all of the Bay Area Counties and many others in CA are around 70% or above for older folks.

Ada County, ID (Boise) has over twice the hesitancy (24%) as SD but already at 80% for seniors.

That's news to me, tbh. All I am aware of is the nightly local update on vax numbers. :shrug:

Joe's right though - our demographic skews more Republican than the Bay Area. I haven't looked the link, but I'd be curious to see OC's numbers compared to ours, as they skew more to the right than we do.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

Just now, SharkTanked said:

Here is a direct link to the CDC map: https://data.cdc.gov/stories/s/Vaccine-Hesitancy-for-COVID-19/cnd2-a6zw

@#1Stunner how does this compare to your theory that Blacks and Hispanics have a greater vaccine hesitancy? Affirm or no?

gotta love all those blacks and hispanics in Idaho, North Dakota, and Wyoming being so hesitant.  Really lowers the state's numbers. ;) as the white people are so eager there to get vaccinated.

1 minute ago, Billings said:

gotta love all those blacks and hispanics in Idaho, North Dakota, and Wyoming being so hesitant.  Really lowers the state's numbers. ;) as the white people are so eager there to get vaccinated.

I am shocked how many of them live on the Navajo Rez too... apparently...

Guest #1Stunner
1 minute ago, SharkTanked said:

Here is a direct link to the CDC map: https://data.cdc.gov/stories/s/Vaccine-Hesitancy-for-COVID-19/cnd2-a6zw

@#1Stunner how does this compare to your theory that Blacks and Hispanics have a greater vaccine hesitancy? Affirm or no?

Well, to be clear, I haven't posited any "theories" about Blacks and Hispanics not getting the vaccine.  I shared actual data saying that.  We need President Biden to try and pursuade folks to be vaccinated...

Regarding that map, it's cool, but reminds me of an election map.  Not many people live in rural areas, they live in big cities.  So 10% hesitancy in Los Angeles can be a huge number of people, compared to 50% hesitancy in Burley Idaho or somewhere.

Guest #1Stunner
9 minutes ago, Billings said:

You remind me of Sean Hannity, who thinks this map is representative of America's population.

th?id=OIP.xlH2ZIOcTUC18ele0ZogPQHaEo%26p

As opposed to this map, adjusted to show population:

th?id=OIP.YclTQqKo32C8C2haEqvbCQAAAA%26p

26 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

That's news to me, tbh. All I am aware of is the nightly local update on vax numbers. :shrug:

Joe's right though - our demographic skews more Republican than the Bay Area. I haven't looked the link, but I'd be curious to see OC's numbers compared to ours, as they skew more to the right than we do.

OC is 67% over 65 vaccinated according to NYT (and 27% all residents compared to SD’s 19%).

Maybe San Diego’s data is behind or something because it really does seem to be an outlier for some reason?

Guest #1Stunner
43 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

Here is the data you asked for

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-19/issue-brief/latest-data-on-covid-19-vaccinations-race-ethnicity/

1 hour ago, bsu_alum9 said:

OC is 67% over 65 vaccinated according to NYT (and 27% all residents compared to SD’s 19%).

Maybe San Diego’s data is behind or something because it really does seem to be an outlier for some reason?

Orange County is far less Republican and far more diverse than it used to be.

Source: lived here from 1985-2010, and again from 2017-present. I came back to a very different place than the one I left.

2 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

San Diego data is bad. As of today 4/21:

2,352,105 doses administered

53% of population with at least one dose

28.3% fully vaccinated 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

I'm a week away from the two weeks after 2nd vaccine dose...........at this point, my hope is that if the Covid continues & evolves into a stronger even more lethal strain.......that those who did get vaccinated have some protection against the stronger strains & if the stronger strains kill off those who didn't vaccinate, oh well .......coulda, shoulda got the jab..........might clean out quite a few low IQ dumbass right wingers who can get their meeting with Jesus sooner than later :hahaha:

Adios MF'ers :cheers: 

8 hours ago, Billings said:

My son lives in San Fran and at 31 is fully vaccinated.  He said it was super easy and walking/mass transit accessible for most neighborhoods.

They just opened it up for me here today, I got my first Phizer shot.  I could have jumped the line, because my youngest is special needs and my wife requested it, so the State sent us a letter.  But I didn't want to jump the line, so I just registered and waited for them to email me.  How the hell did your 31 year old son get both shots already?  My county has a lot higher metrics than Frisco.

52 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

They just opened it up for me here today, I got my first Phizer shot.  I could have jumped the line, because my youngest is special needs and my wife requested it, so the State sent us a letter.  But I didn't want to jump the line, so I just registered and waited for them to email me.  How the hell did your 31 year old son get both shots already?  My county has a lot higher metrics than Frisco.

Immune compromised and san fran opened it to everyone from his neighborhood apr 9th as it was really hard hit.

12 hours ago, SharkTanked said:

I am shocked how many of them live on the Navajo Rez too... apparently...

I'm not sure how to reconcile this with this article. According to the Navajo Times, the tribe is vaccinating at a very high rate compared to the rest of the country and is running out of vaccines.

https://navajotimes.com/reznews/navajo-leads-the-country-in-vaccine-rollout-heres-what-went-right/