Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pelado

Pullman, WA in October

1 hour ago, wolfan8431 said:

Reno added 30 companies last year during the Covid year.  15 from Cali the rest from around the country, 14 were corporate headquarters which we like because of the high salaries.  Google has a big investment in L.V

& they just completed a big data center up here.  Microsoft has been here for years with their licensing div. & now with Google all the big tech companies are here with their data centers.  

Nice.

5 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

Raiders located their HQ & facilities in west end of Henderson - which has really brought a boom to that area

The Las Vegas Raiders' coaching staff started arriving at the team's headquarters in Henderson on Monday, June 22, 2020. (File: Tom Hawley | KSNV)

FOX5 Las Vegas - FOX5 drone over Raiders Training Facility | Facebook

New hospital will be going up near Raiders HQ

Hospital project set for site near Raiders training facility | KLAS

When the players are running around in the desert sun, I think they are going to miss their former digs on the bay in Alameda, CA 

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

40 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

It seems Nevada is getting the business overflow from California or companies that are leaving California because of the tax situation and lack of housing for workers. 

And sadly (or not) depending on how you look at it, you can draw a circle around a business district in SJ, or Sunnyvale, or Mountain View, etc and that five block area would still have more tech business than the entire state of Nevada. 

The tech gem in Nevada might turn out to be a homegrown company by the name of Sierra Nevada Corporation. I wish it would go public. It’s a well run business but I’ve heard not a great place to work as far as tech goes. I’ve heard the same about Panasonic/Tesla. 

1 hour ago, Old_Sparty1857 said:

When the players are running around in the desert sun, I think they are going to miss their former digs on the bay in Alameda, CA 

After mid-October outside is perfect - They are inside before that 

8 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

Raiders located their HQ & facilities in west end of Henderson - which has really brought a boom to that area

The Las Vegas Raiders' coaching staff started arriving at the team's headquarters in Henderson on Monday, June 22, 2020. (File: Tom Hawley | KSNV)

FOX5 Las Vegas - FOX5 drone over Raiders Training Facility | Facebook

New hospital will be going up near Raiders HQ

Hospital project set for site near Raiders training facility | KLAS

It will be interesting to see what the yearly Raiders revenue tally to Vegas will be. I’m sure the bean counters had solid estimates as they were doing the move evaluation. 

11 hours ago, utenation said:

It will be interesting to see what the yearly Raiders revenue tally to Vegas will be. I’m sure the bean counters had solid estimates as they were doing the move evaluation. 

The big win for the Vegas area bump up in perception since the NHL & NFL put teams here - That was the major obstacle that used to be a major stigma (and still is to some extent) preventing NV & especially LV as being seen as a place for business 

13 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

The tech gem in Nevada might turn out to be a homegrown company by the name of Sierra Nevada Corporation. I wish it would go public. It’s a well run business but I’ve heard not a great place to work as far as tech goes. I’ve heard the same about Panasonic/Tesla. 

Interesting success story about the Ozmans & SNC.  He came from Turkey to get a graduate degree from Nevada in electrical engineering.  She came from Turkey to get her MBA.  They went to work for a small engineering co.  They hooked up, got married & 5 years later bought the co.  It had 20 employees.  25 years later by buying a lot of small cos. & landing a lot of gov't contracts they now have 4-5,000 employees in 17 different states.  They're testing a space delivery system that can fly back to earth & be reused.  Surprised they kept corp headquarters in Sparks & I agree surprised they never went public.   

2 hours ago, wolfan8431 said:

Interesting success story about the Ozmans & SNC.  He came from Turkey to get a graduate degree from Nevada in electrical engineering.  She came from Turkey to get her MBA.  They went to work for a small engineering co.  They hooked up, got married & 5 years later bought the co.  It had 20 employees.  25 years later by buying a lot of small cos. & landing a lot of gov't contracts they now have 4-5,000 employees in 17 different states.  They're testing a space delivery system that can fly back to earth & be reused.  Surprised they kept corp headquarters in Sparks & I agree surprised they never went public.   

Not sure how many billionaires are homegrown but I’d bet the number is pretty small. Good for them. 

21 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

Yeah. God that sounds awful. So much worse than the usual drunks/cokeheads/junkies/prostitutes you usually see out there. The whole world is going to hell I tell you!

Maybe you should just go to +++++ing Disneyland instead.

And maybe you should crawl back into your mom’s vagina oh enlightened one

1 minute ago, Joe from WY said:

I'm a man of wealth and taste. You? You're some loser who gets bothered by people smoking weed on Las Vegas Blvd.

Sucks to be you.

Like I said, a man of stature.  We should all be so fortunate.  Now, do us all a favor and go crawl back into your mom’s vagina. 

29 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Speaking of mom's vaginas, someone should kick your mom in the ++++ for not aborting you.

Attaboy, spoken like a real man of “wealth and taste”.  Surely a man of stature like yourself can do better than this drivel. 

On 4/22/2021 at 4:06 PM, wolfan8431 said:

Reno added 30 companies last year during the Covid year.  15 from Cali the rest from around the country, 14 were corporate headquarters which we like because of the high salaries.  Google has a big investment in L.V

& they just completed a big data center up here.  Microsoft has been here for years with their licensing div. & now with Google all the big tech companies are here with their data centers.  

I know some guys involved in a real estate deal in/near Reno.  They are counting on its continuing growth.

Anything else I should know about tripping to Pullman, everyone?