Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Columbus Police fatally shoot a 15-year-old black girl

Conservatives have very consistent talking points on this for the last 30 years which is kind of a tell that they're not really listening...they think they already know what the problem is....which is part of the actual problem.

I mean, looks to me like our problem was boomer and gen x men for whatever reason?

image.png.157d6de017130929f92fd88d99a4b38d.png

Guest #1Stunner
16 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Who needs abortions when the ongoing incarceration of such a huge percentage of 18-50 year old black males results in a slow moving genocide against the black race?

I agree with Slap that an emphasis on education helps create better off future generations, but, I also would like to point out a lot of the dysfunction of the inner city has to do with huge arrest and incarceration rates. I see this every day walking around. In the uppity neighborhoods like Pacific Heights or the Marina, you see no cops, but if you go to the Bayview, parts of the Mission, SOMA or Mid-Market, cops are everywhere. 

But the phenomenon isn't just limited to the inner city. For example, in a place like Montana, that is 95% white, if you look at the Montana State prison population, it's about 90% Native American. Is it because there's so many more Natives committing heinous prison-worthy crimes? No. It probably has more to do with the huge presence of law enforcement on the reservations (across multiple agencies)...more cops around, more chance you're going to get arrested.

So think of how that may affect family dynamics in the inner city. If over half of the breeding age of black males are in prison at any given point in time, it's going to have cascading effects.

I'm with you on the incarceration rates being bad.   These communities are overpoliced, to drive revenue (like Ferguson MO ticketing everyone for parking on their driveway).   I hate when cops do speed traps or whatever to generate revenue.

Regarding incarceration, I have no knowledge of what specific crimes they were convicted of.  Macro statistics sound bad, but what are the crimes?   Also, regarding incarceration, probably just did a plea deal and didn't fight it.  (Systemic / Economic Racism?)

Regarding families, I'd have to see more data if the incarcerated were living in a married, family home, at the time of their incarceration.   Maybe they imprisoned a committed family man and took him from his wife and kids?  Or maybe not?

But the fact remains...poor people are more prone to commit crimes.   And a big predictor on if you are born poor is your parents being teenagers, or married.  It's why people want to give more poor people free abortions.  

1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:

Good question.    I don't think graveyard shifts are necessarily overtime, though.   It's a normal 8 hour shift.

Graveyard shifts are not OT. OT is working more than the usual number of hours in a work week and street cops I'm aware of usually now work three 12-hour shifts per week. I don't think any cops work an 8-hour shift anymore. They're all either 3/12 or 4/10 work weeks.

During the demonstrations following the George Floyd killing my brother in law worked a crazy amount of hours and earned a lot of OT. He said the extra money he made wasn't worth being spit on during Covid and taking all the verbal abuse he did. Regarding the COPS video you linked, my brother in law hates getting called out on domestic dispute matters. A few months ago as he was cuffing one suspect, the couple's teenage daughter threw a ceramic coffee cup at him and he had to get four stitches on his eyebrow. Other times he and his partner show up and the woman who called 911 has a black eye but claims she fell and hit her head on a countertop.

Guest #1Stunner

We can stop poor people from committing crimes by eliminating poor people from being born.

People aren't getting abortions because they don't have free access.

More free abortions in poor communities, where there is a high incarceration rate.

4 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

Conservatives have very consistent talking points on this for the last 30 years which is kind of a tell that they're not really listening...they think they already know what the problem is....which is part of the actual problem.

I mean, looks to me like our problem was boomer and gen x men for whatever reason?

image.png.157d6de017130929f92fd88d99a4b38d.png

You don't think the left has their own talking points? Like the fact that everything that happens is out of somebody's control or that the system is keeping them down or whatever other point that encourages people to not take personal responsibility for their actions. 

Two of the biggest factors most commonly attributed with the decrease in violent crime following the 80's is 1) increase in police 2) increase in the prison population. Now with a push to limit police presence and with bail reform measures keeping criminals on the streets, we're already seeing an increase in violent crime. Look no further than NYC in the 1970's and how their tough on crime stance turned the city around in the late 80's and early 90's. NYC was a bad place to be in the 1970's and with the way things are going, we're likely to see it happen again, but not just in NYC, but in every city that wants to "defund" the police. 

8 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

We can stop poor people from committing crimes by eliminating poor people from being born.

More free abortions in poor communities, where there is a high incarceration rate.

The world would be much better off if the Pope would announce that God had told him he's changed his mind about the morality of birth control and abortion. Wouldn't matter to hardly any men because their motivation is mainly to get laid but it would matter to millions of women who have babies that the men who impregnate them have no interest in raising.

Eventually almost no humans will believe in God so there won't be a Pope or other such religious leaders to tell people how God supposedly says they need to live their life. When humankind gets that advanced people will hopefully also no longer need to be scared of God in order live a moral life.

Guest #1Stunner
13 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Haha.

Certainly, no one is comparing Abortion to "killing" anyone.  It's no different than getting a mole removed (what I'm told).

We should find the communities that are poor / crime infested (maybe a place like Baltimore, or an Indian Reservation), and encourage everyone who lives there to take advantage of Free Abortions.

We eliminate people from ever being born in those communities, reducing the total poor (and in turn, total crime).  Their poverty and crime drops, as their community shrinks or is eliminated.

The result is fewer births for poor people.  

No one thinks this is immoral, right?  No different than removing a mole at the dermatologist.

Guest #1Stunner
6 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

The world would be much better off if the Pope would announce that God had told him he's changed his mind about the morality of birth control and abortion. Wouldn't matter to hardly any men because their motivation is mainly to get laid but it would matter to millions of women who have babies that the men who impregnate them have no interest in raising.

Eventually almost no humans will believe in God so there won't be a Pope or other such religious leaders to tell people how God supposedly says they need to live their life. When humankind gets that advanced people will hopefully also no longer need to be scared of God in order live a moral life.

Until we get to that Utopia, we need to be reducing the amount of births that poor people have.

31 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

You don't think the left has their own talking points? Like the fact that everything that happens is out of somebody's control or that the system is keeping them down or whatever other point that encourages people to not take personal responsibility for their actions. 

Two of the biggest factors most commonly attributed with the decrease in violent crime following the 80's is 1) increase in police 2) increase in the prison population. Now with a push to limit police presence and with bail reform measures keeping criminals on the streets, we're already seeing an increase in violent crime. Look no further than NYC in the 1970's and how their tough on crime stance turned the city around in the late 80's and early 90's. NYC was a bad place to be in the 1970's and with the way things are going, we're likely to see it happen again, but not just in NYC, but in every city that wants to "defund" the police. 

There is more evidence of lead exposure in adolescence being a factor in the crime rate than mass incarceration. The fact the rates went down EVERYWHERE, not just in big cities, flies in the face of the mass incarceration theory. After all, criminals arent in jail until they commit a crime and get caught. So why didn't millennials age up and start getting violent?

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/04/what-caused-the-crime-decline/477408/

image.png.c117381cf62e3ee309e2a02ef47a12f8.png

Guest #1Stunner

Looks like Hasidic Jews are even poorer than anyone else... 70 percent live BELOW the poverty level.

Anyone know if they have a massive crime problem in the Hasidic community?  (Trying to understand if the poverty-crime correlation holds true for such a poor community).

What about unwed Hasidic teenage mothers?   Are most households 2 parents?

"New Square's median annual household income stands nearly $5,000 below that of Kiryas Joel, a Hasidic Jewish village in Orange County that was ranked as the state's next poorest municipality."

https://www.lohud.com/story/news/local/rockland/2018/05/09/new-square-ranked-poorest-municipality-new-york-state/591434002/

1 minute ago, #1Stunner said:

Looks like Hasidic Jews are even poorer than anyone else... 70 percent live BELOW the poverty level.

Anyone know if they have a massive crime problem in the Hasidic community?  (Trying to understand if the poverty-crime correlation holds true for such a poor community).

What about unwed Hasidic teenage mothers?   Are most households 2 parents?

"New Square's median annual household income stands nearly $5,000 below that of Kiryas Joel, a Hasidic Jewish village in Orange County that was ranked as the state's next poorest municipality."

https://www.lohud.com/story/news/local/rockland/2018/05/09/new-square-ranked-poorest-municipality-new-york-state/591434002/

less than 8k people in a close nit religious community is not reflective of a typical scenario. You're more interested in derailing the conversation with sideshow garbage, which is why I can respect pretty much all conservatives who spend time here...but not you. 

Guest #1Stunner
4 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

less than 8k people in a close nit religious community is not reflective of a typical scenario. You're more interested in derailing the conversation with sideshow garbage, which is why I can respect pretty much all conservatives who spend time here...but not you. 

There are more Hasidic Jews in that community than 8K.

Plus, they are apparently unfairly, heavily policed, like poor communities of color.

8 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

There are more Hasidic Jews in that community than 8K.

Plus, they are apparently unfairly, heavily policed, like poor communities of color.

from the article you shared...

image.png.59be8b40933e6003813518ac3adfac69.png

Guest #1Stunner
30 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

@Bob, @soupslam1

Don't say I never did anything for you guys!!!

AztecSU respects you guys now.

That is high praise, from such an intelligent poster.

3 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

If you look at abortion statistics they are heavily weighted to the black community. You could almost say it’s a form of genocide occurring.