Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Columbus Police fatally shoot a 15-year-old black girl

21 minutes ago, utenation said:

I just heard a report that the cop that shot is an ex military sniper.  One of my main concerns was him shooting so close to the lady in pink. Not that death is ever good, I do feel better about him not hitting lady in pink. 

Not sure anybody is harder on the police than I am on here.  This was a justifiable use of force.

Oh, and Lebron James drinks Xi's semen.

3 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Not sure anybody is harder on the police than I am on here.  This was a justifiable use of force.

Oh, and Lebron James drinks Xi's semen.

So... honey?

3 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Do things often get shoved up asses at these parties?  Asking for a friend.

If it’s an ass-shoving party, then you bet your sweet ass it happens often! If someone shows up and they’re not shoving anything up their ass, they’ll be asked to leave immediately, if not sooner. 

You know things are out of control, when OJ Simpson is the voice of reason.  He isn't wrong either.

13 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

You know things are out of control, when OJ Simpson is the voice of reason.  He isn't wrong either.

Well...he is an expert on stabbings.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

20 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Well...he is an expert on stabbings.

And he's still not wrong on this matter.  Crazy thing is, he said the cop acted appropriately  

@youngredbullfan, your two cents on OJ weighing in?  

15 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Allegedly

OJ is the exact person I want in my court when it comes to ethics, getting all the facts and cooperating with Law enforcement.

I heard he’s now doing proper etiquette in hotels seminars in Vegas and also works as a hotel security theft advisor on the side. 

31B8E90D-F5B3-4CA7-AFE5-376EB7D81CB4.gif

When Orenthal James Simpson effectively says America needs to take a step back regarding judging cops, and he happens to be right... maybe folks should.

6 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

The sad truth is there are going to be more of these types of shootings, some justified, some not. 

Yes, the police will kill more black people. Thanks for breaking that news.

1 hour ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Yes, the police will kill more black people. Thanks for breaking that news.

Because police only kill black people. :blink:

17 hours ago, sactowndog said:

Actually not true at all.  First one problem is officers aren’t well trained to handle mental health issues so a large portion of officer involved shootings deal with mental health crises.  

https://abc11.com/feature/mental-health-policing-officer-involved-shooting-i-team/10534981/

But where police forces have put in special constructed teams they have seen better results.....

https://southernmarylandchronicle.com/2021/04/06/charles-sheriff-officers-talk-man-down-carrying-a-chainsaw-and-knives-1/

Given the repeated statement by those on the right the our gun problem is a mental health issue it seems odd when localities move to address it they oppose that also.   

A couple examples of how the citizenry which cops deal with has significantly changed over the last several decades:

More and more people living in urban areas where they are bunched together means greater collective stress. Development and widening use of meth means more substance abusers not just harming themselves physically but going out of their minds.*

I could go on but the point is you're absolutely correct that the old ways of training cops are insufficient to properly prepare them for handling modern society. Somebody advocated creation of mental health response units within law enforcement the same as they've long had SWAT units. I'd never thought of that but it sounds like a great idea to me.

https://www.drugfreeworld.org/drugfacts/crystalmeth/history-of-methamphetamine.html Btw, that article does not mention that the Nazi government provided meth to German soldiers in WWII and it's now accepted that part of their success was the ability to sometimes go days without sleeping during major battles. (Sorry if I sometimes sound like I'm preaching about the evils of meth but that shit is really, really bad and IMO, however one feels about legalization of drugs, it would be disastrous to so with that one.)

23 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

Do you know what odds are? I assume you've gambled before. 

Here's a chart I found on police involved shootings: https://www.statista.com/statistics/585152/people-shot-to-death-by-us-police-by-race/

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.