Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IanforHeisman

Dogecoin

See, this kind of shit makes me think an asset bubble is getting close.

As far as Ian's OP, I don't know enough to have an opinion in the short run.  But I do know it is too easy to make money right now, and it isn't going to last.

I found a backup of one of my old wallets, and I have a significant amount more of it than I thought a few weeks ago. 

I may look at selling some if Elon's SNL appearance spikes it, and then buying back on a potential dip. 

5 hours ago, CPslograd said:

As far as Ian's OP, I don't know enough to have an opinion in the short run.  But I do know it is too easy to make money right now, and it isn't going to last.

I have to agree. The value gains we are seeing all over the place have me worried. If I were close to retiring I would probably be selling any of my more risky investments and moving everything into low risk bonds etc. That said this could go on for another year for all I know. 

1 hour ago, retrofade said:

I found a backup of one of my old wallets, and I have a significant amount more of it than I thought a few weeks ago. 

I may look at selling some if Elon's SNL appearance spikes it, and then buying back on a potential dip. 

I'd sell right before or right after Elon's SNL appearance.  

A lot of Dogecoin is being traded over Robinhood.  But Dogecoin on Robinhood can't be like transferred into a crypto wallet, you don't actually own it.  As long as it's treated as a stock/derivative, it will never take off.  You need to be able to do/buy something with your crypto in order for it to gain greater traction in the marketplace.  Coinbase doesn't carry Dogecoin either.

So I think there will be a spike/dump and then if you believe in it, you will have ample time to buy back in cheaper.

6 hours ago, CPslograd said:

It does feels like something big (and bad) is about to happen...but yeah...

13 hours ago, Rebels18 said:

FLEX TIME

image.png.c73c0b6743d0fd4c74d665b5fc3d1431.png

amazing. that rules dude

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 hour ago, WAC_FAN said:

I'd sell right before or right after Elon's SNL appearance.  

A lot of Dogecoin is being traded over Robinhood.  But Dogecoin on Robinhood can't be like transferred into a crypto wallet, you don't actually own it.  As long as it's treated as a stock/derivative, it will never take off.  You need to be able to do/buy something with your crypto in order for it to gain greater traction in the marketplace.  Coinbase doesn't carry Dogecoin either.

So I think there will be a spike/dump and then if you believe in it, you will have ample time to buy back in cheaper.

Indeed.

Only about 15% of my total Doge is in RH. That's what I'll be dumping and then trying to pick back up again later.

A friend said he thought Elon would work Dogecoin into the monologue on SNL - which he did - and it would see a 30% bump - which it has not. Anticipation (of the mention) already baked into the cake maybe?

Screen-Shot-2021-05-08-at-9-20-15-PM.png

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

8 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

A friend said he thought Elon would work Dogecoin into the monologue on SNL - which he did - and it would see a 30% bump - which it has not. Anticipation (of the mention) already baked into the cake maybe?

Screen-Shot-2021-05-08-at-9-20-15-PM.png

It was the subject of 2 jokes during the night, and neither was of a positive nature.  During Weekend Update, he referred to it as 'a hustle'.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

2 hours ago, RSF said:

It was the subject of 2 jokes during the night, and neither was of a positive nature.  During Weekend Update, he referred to it as 'a hustle'.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him make positive mention of it in the next day or two to pump it back up again. Thus proving that he can move markets with a mere tweet. :rotflmfao:

3 hours ago, RSF said:

Yeah, I thought the "What is Dogecoin?" bit on Weekend Date was pretty funny. And apparently, not all that helpful.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

On 5/5/2021 at 6:10 AM, retrofade said:

Let's stop and think of how fundamentally stupid that sentence really is.

Please understand that I'm not saying you are stupid, not at all.  I'm saying the conditions that make that sentence a reasonable strategy are just stupid.

39 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Let's stop and think of how fundamentally stupid that sentence really is.

Please understand that I'm not saying you are stupid, not at all.  I'm saying the conditions that make that sentence a reasonable strategy are just stupid.

Dude. We live in a bizarre world where we're talking about the ability for a tech leader to affect the price of a cryptocurrency based on a Shiba Inu. Nothing makes sense anymore. :rotflmfao:

1 hour ago, retrofade said:

Dude. We live in a bizarre world where we're talking about the ability for a tech leader to affect the price of a cryptocurrency based on a Shiba Inu. Nothing makes sense anymore. :rotflmfao:

people: AA, forget everything you ever knew about investing.

AA: DONE.