Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Old_Sparty1857

Return of the Champs!

1 hour ago, Old_Sparty1857 said:

We lose two great ones but we are loaded at wide out. We’ll be ok. 

I’m thinking that Bailey will get drafted in the late rounds.   He was a sixth year senior last year.  He had to go.  We can only have one senior citizen on the roster and we’ve already got Starkel.  Don’t want us turning into BYU! :rotflmfao:

I don’t blame him for leaving. Hope my rams take a flyer on him 

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

On 4/17/2021 at 7:48 PM, SJSUMFA2013 said:

I don’t blame him for leaving. Hope my rams take a flyer on him 

Don’t worry about pitching and catching. We good!

image.jpeg.6b1fafe26a930b3adf433195230d5dc8.jpeg

Fight On For Victory!

And We Will Win The Day!

On 4/16/2021 at 10:01 PM, Old_Sparty1857 said:

Damn right it is!  The Spartans return 20 of 22 starters but lose two all conference wide receivers to the NFL draft in Gaither and Walker.  The Spartans will be deeper than last year but I expect many teams in the MWC to be better.  SJSU is not gonna sneak up on anyone in 2021. The mountain will be steep. 

If SJSU can do it again or even have another good year, I'll buy in. But then comes the coach getting poached question that follows success. 

Either way, nice for you guys to get some hardware after struggling for a long time. Not many Fresno fans around for some reason.

14 minutes ago, utenation said:

If SJSU can do it again or even have another good year, I'll buy in. But then comes the coach getting poached question that follows success. 

Either way, nice for you guys to get some hardware after struggling for a long time. Not many Fresno fans around for some reason.

Yep.  Much harder to repeat.  Will be a tough task.  The MWC will be deeper/better in 2021.  I’ll be surprised if the Spartans don’t have another good season though. They return 20 of 22 starters and a deeper squad than 2020. 

I don’t see Brennan going anywhere except to the Pac12 though, and I’m not sure you’ll see anyone in the Pac12 changing coaches in 2021.  One thing I can say is Brennan has a really nice home in Los Gatos (Santa Cruz Mountains) that he loves and a young family I’m not sure he will want to uproot right now, so SJSU has some things going for them.  This is “home” for the Brennan’s also.  Time will tell. 

Fight On For Victory!

And We Will Win The Day!

6 minutes ago, Old_Sparty1857 said:

Yep.  Much harder to repeat.  Will be a tough task.  The MWC will be deeper/better in 2021.  I’ll be surprised if the Spartans don’t have another good season though. They return 20 of 22 starters and a deeper squad than 2020. 

I don’t see Brennan going anywhere except to the Pac12 though, and I’m not sure you’ll see anyone in the Pac12 changing coaches in 2021.  One thing I can say is Brennan has a really nice home in Los Gatos (Santa Cruz Mountains) that he loves and a young family I’m not sure he will want to uproot right now, so SJSU has some things going for them.  This is home for the Brennan’s also.  Time will tell. 

I think the only coaches in the P12 that don’t need to look over their shoulder the next few years reside at: Oregon, Utah, OSU, Washington, ASU, UCLA, Stanford and maybe Cal. 

Unless of course, someone leaves to another P5 on their own. 

11 minutes ago, utenation said:

I think the only coaches in the P12 that don’t need to look over their shoulder the next few years reside at: Oregon, Utah, OSU, Washington, ASU, UCLA, Stanford and maybe Cal. 

Unless of course, someone leaves to another P5 on their own. 

UCLA and OSU would be the most logical landings for him. AZ, WSU, CO all have relatively new coaches and if USC changes coaches, they are going to go with someone more high profile than Brennan. 

That’s my take.  I think we may have dodged trouble (U of A job) for the time being. 

Fight On For Victory!

And We Will Win The Day!

7 minutes ago, Old_Sparty1857 said:

UCLA and OSU would be the most logical landings for him.  AZ, WSU, CO all have relatively new coaches and if USC changes coaches, they are going to go with someone more high profile than Brennan. 

That’s my take. 

AZ, CU and WSU are a hot mess but I agree the new guys will get a few years but the leashes are short these days.

Agree on USC. They like USC poster boy types. 

20 minutes ago, utenation said:

AZ, CU and WSU are a hot mess but I agree the new guys will get a few years but the leashes are short these days.

Agree on USC. They like USC poster boy types. 

Of course things might change if Brennan and the Spartans beat USC this fall.  Unlikely, but not impossible. 

Fight On For Victory!

And We Will Win The Day!

4 minutes ago, Old_Sparty1857 said:

Of course things might change if Brennan and the Spartans beat USC this fall.  Unlikely, but not impossible. 

They have the talent to go to the playoffs but the inconsistency to possibly finish 5th in the conference.  Every year. 

1 hour ago, Old_Sparty1857 said:

Don’t worry about pitching and catching. We good!

image.jpeg.6b1fafe26a930b3adf433195230d5dc8.jpeg

Brennan has recruited like a boss. I remember last year thinking “shit were fast” which was not a thought I can ever remember having watching SJSU football 

Fight On For Victory!

And We Will Win The Day!

image.jpeg.c689989d09817760f8bd460deb0c1b6e.jpeg

SJSU is lucky to have a couple of these guys back.  Veteran line all back. I thought #55 Jack Snyder would go to the NFL after last season. He can play either tackle position and was rated a top 5 OT prospect. I thought he’d be gone. Glad he’s not. He’s got a chance at being an All-American this year. 

Hope they all can stay healthy. 

Run it back!!!

Fight On For Victory!

And We Will Win The Day!

On 4/17/2021 at 4:21 PM, SJSUMFA2013 said:

I didn’t realize Gaither was gone. That’s a blow. I wasn’t super impressed with our receivers outside of him and walker.

Well, deese is coming back. And holiness has had some very nice catches over the years. I think that kid braddock could be good.

You got potential draft picks at qb, te and on the ol, as well as a 1,000 yard rusher potential in nevens. I am confident that they'll find a couple targets to fill in the numbers for gaither and walker. Probably wont get as many insane circus catches, though. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

5 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

Well, deese is coming back. And holiness has had some very nice catches over the years. I think that kid braddock could be good.

You got potential draft picks at qb, te and on the ol, as well as a 1,000 yard rusher potential in nevens. I am confident that they'll find a couple targets to fill in the numbers for gaither and walker. Probably wont get as many insane circus catches, though. 

Oh I have no doubt the offense will still hum. But Gaither and walker were both great at getting open even when the defense played everything right or, as you pointed out, making circus catches even when they weren’t open. Both those guys extended many a drive last season that should have ended in a punt. I didn’t see that from our other receivers. Doesn’t mean they aren’t capable, I just didn’t see it. 

1 hour ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Oh I have no doubt the offense will still hum. But Gaither and walker were both great at getting open even when the defense played everything right or, as you pointed out, making circus catches even when they weren’t open. Both those guys extended many a drive last season that should have ended in a punt. I didn’t see that from our other receivers. Doesn’t mean they aren’t capable, I just didn’t see it. 

Fair. I just dont think you needed to see it, either. So I am pretty confident that a veteran offense and a vet qb will find those guys who can get 6 or 7 yards when it matters.

One thing that was different last year than the year before was the way the team won games late in the trenches. Circus catches happened last year, but were less integral to the game plan than the year before. So if that continues this year, we can win still without two all-conference receivers. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

16 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

Fair. I just dont think you needed to see it, either. So I am pretty confident that a veteran offense and a vet qb will find those guys who can get 6 or 7 yards when it matters.

One thing that was different last year than the year before was the way the team won games late in the trenches. Circus catches happened last year, but were less integral to the game plan than the year before. So if that continues this year, we can win still without two all-conference receivers. 

DFFB6188-5A9B-4405-8744-F16F8EE7E3D8.gif

Don’t forget about Isiah Hamilton.  He will be in the mix to start now that Walker and Gaither are moving on. 

Chance La Chapelle moved from QB to WR also and he’s a hell of an athlete at 6’4”.  His dad (Sean La Chapelle) was a stud WR at UCLA back in the day and played in the NFL.  Hopefully young Chance can pick up the position quickly with help from his dad.  

SJSU has three 6’4” WR’s now, so I’m thinking one of these guys will break out and see some serious playing time this year, especially in the red zone. 

I’m not sure we’ve got the stretch the field home run guy we had in Gaither, but hopefully we find one. I think Holiness could be that guy. The kid has wheels. 

Fight On For Victory!

And We Will Win The Day!

13 hours ago, Old_Sparty1857 said:

Don’t forget about Isiah Hamilton.  He will be in the mix to start now that Walker and Gaither are moving on. 

Chance La Chapelle moved from QB to WR also and he’s a hell of an athlete at 6’4”.  His dad (Sean La Chapelle) was a stud WR at UCLA back in the day and played in the NFL.  Hopefully young Chance can pick up the position quickly with help from his dad.  

SJSU has three 6’4” WR’s now, so I’m thinking one of these guys will break out and see some serious playing time this year, especially in the red zone. 

I’m not sure we’ve got the stretch the field home run guy we had in Gaither, but hopefully we find one. I think Holiness could be that guy. The kid has wheels. 

Sean LaChapelle! I haven't heard that name in years. I was a kid when he played. Where has the time gone?

Alan Tudyk Dancing GIF by DOOM PATROL