Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LoboMan59

UNM's coach Richard Pitino Recruiting...

Pitino makes his first move in recruiting to UNM... Jaelan House, portal transfer from Arizona State. "House averaged 4.5 points, 1.3 assists and 1.4 steals in the 51 games he played over the past two seasons at ASU".

https://www.abqjournal.com/2380537/lobos-get-house-call-asu-transfer-is-first-recruit-of-pitino-era.html

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

Pitino land 4* portal transfer, and former U. Of Minnesota commit Jamal Washburn...

https://www.twincities.com/2021/04/16/gophers-transfer-jamal-mashburn-jr-reunites-with-richard-pitino-at-new-mexico/

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

Where the f*ck did all the UNM fans go? Place used to be swimming with them

UNM also picked up Kansas transfer Gethro Muscadin. 6-foot-10, 220-pound native of Gonaives, Haiti, played 33 total minutes in 12 games for the Jayhawks (21-9) during the 2020-21 season. He took just two shots, making one. He had 10 rebounds total in his 33 minutes.

Former 4-star, raw talent! Pitino can recruit!

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

22 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

Where the f*ck did all the UNM fans go? Place used to be swimming with them

UNM also picked up Kansas transfer Gethro Muscadin. 6-foot-10, 220-pound native of Gonaives, Haiti, played 33 total minutes in 12 games for the Jayhawks (21-9) during the 2020-21 season. He took just two shots, making one. He had 10 rebounds total in his 33 minutes.

Former 4-star, raw talent! Pitino can recruit!

And Taryn Todd!

Heh, I am the Lobo poster that lurks in the darkness...but I'm always here...:ph34r:

That said, so far so good, roster is settling out.. Loboholics want one more big man, but we're already over the limit. Expectations are that there will be a couple more drop. Have a 7'1 post that hasn't played a minute because of injuries, I'd expect him not to return. Interesting question now is can Coach Pitino convince Makauch Maluach to return for his free year? He was sort of off the radar this year because of the team's mediocrity, but he can play. Initial word was he'd head off to Europe, you can make good money there, but he's still practicing with the team.  

Roster Update: May 9, 2021. UNM now over the scholarship limit of 13 by 1.

Scholarship Player Pos Height Year Scholarship Status
1 Jeremiah Francis G 6-1 Sophmore Returning
2 Javonte Johnson G 6-6 Freshman Returning
3 Jamal Mashburn Jr G 6-2 Freshman Transfer - Minnesota
4 Jalen House G 6-0 Sophmore Transfer - Arizona State
5 Taryn Todd G 6-5 Freshman Transfer - TCU
6 KJ Jenkins G 6-2 Sophmore Transfer - Kilgore JC
7 Saquan Singleton G/F 6-6 Junior Returning
8 Emmanuel Kuac G/F 6-7 Sophmore Returning
9 Jamel King G/F 6-7 Freshman Prep Signing
10 Rod Brown F 6-8 Junior Returning
11 Valdir Manuel F 6-10 Junior Returning
12 Jay Allen-Tovar F 6-9 Sophmore Transfer - Salt Lake CC
13 Gethro Muscadin F 6-10 Freshman Transfer - Kansas
14 Sebastian Forsling C 6-11 Freshman Prep Signing
* Makuach Maluach G/F 6-5 Senior Exempt - Super Senior

courtesy of bdubnm @ the Lobo Lair

Story of the above, Mashburn, House and Todd played serious minutes for their D1 teams and they were productive, House moreso on the defensive end. Muscadin played a bit for KU, considered a project. The JC's were more than solid at the JC level. King is a 247 .897 three-star form Arizona, Forsling a Swedish center, played some pro Euro ball. 

Key to Pitino's recruiting, they can all, even the bigs, shoot the three. Coach is talking running a four-out offense and has recruited to that style. 

Damn young, but some talent there. Pitino's greatest failure at MN was a continued lack-of-depth, obviously trying to improve that at UNM. 

Team comes back for summer school June 6, at least one of the returners won't be back. Maluach is still thinking Euro-ball, but the door's still open to his return.

On 4/15/2021 at 9:55 PM, LoboMan59 said:

Pitino makes his first move in recruiting to UNM... Jaelan House, portal transfer from Arizona State. "House averaged 4.5 points, 1.3 assists and 1.4 steals in the 51 games he played over the past two seasons at ASU".

https://www.abqjournal.com/2380537/lobos-get-house-call-asu-transfer-is-first-recruit-of-pitino-era.html

Great news for the MWC. Albuquerque must have some great titty bars for Pitino to recruit with. 

kat.jpg

9 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

Great news for the MWC. Albuquerque must have some great titty bars for Pitino to recruit with. 

Heh, wrong Pitino, but no, not really.

12 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

I wouldn’t know, I haven’t been to one of those in a very long time, so I couldn’t even tell you where they are in town.

And I’m surprised you did not add in your response, that those types of bars in Albuquerque wouldn’t hold a candle to all the bars and legal whore houses in your state… Just saying.

On 5/10/2021 at 9:00 AM, LoboMan59 said:

I wouldn’t know, I haven’t been to one of those in a very long time, so I couldn’t even tell you where they are in town.

And I’m surprised you did not add in your response, that those types of bars in Albuquerque wouldn’t hold a candle to all the bars and legal whore houses in your state… Just saying.

I met a stripper in Vegas once that had a unique way of holding a candle.....

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke