Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tenbobnote

NDSU Football Head Coach Matt Entz Wants To Join The Mountain West?

1 hour ago, tenbobnote said:

Please let me draw your attention to the current draft status:

1169128299_ScreenShot2021-05-01at7_28_17AM.png.2a860cf0d522e3d1ac04bfc4f6b2de23.png

Nobody cares..The MW has 12 schools..They aren't adding.  Should schools leave, the conference is unlikely to replace them.  You coming on here day after day with your total arrogance and complete delusion , while fun, is meaningless.  

17 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

Nobody cares..The MW has 12 schools..They aren't adding.  Should schools leave, the conference is unlikely to replace them.  You coming on here day after day with your total arrogance and complete delusion , while fun, is meaningless.  

So fun is meaningless, huh? That sounds depressing.

I'm wondering if you're the delusional one ... The MW being associated with NDSU's brand would benefit them so much. I have a hard time understanding how you don't see that.

NDSU was plastered over every sports program for the past month+ . NDSU is on ESPN the mothership this Sunday (like they are several times every year). They'll probably be on ABC next week. They have more search traffic than every team but Boise state. They have more social media followers. They have more NFL players. They have more draft prospects, They have more national media appearances than most MWC schools. The game day experience + tailgating is p5 level. The community cares about NDSU (unlike overcrowded lower tier Texas schools). 

The MW is a solid conference and NDSU would add because they are in the same league. 

27 minutes ago, tenbobnote said:

I'm wondering if you're the delusional one ... The MW being associated with NDSU's brand would benefit them so much. I have a hard time understanding how you don't see that.

NDSU was plastered over every sports program for the past month+ . NDSU is on ESPN the mothership this Sunday (like they are several times every year). They'll probably be on ABC next week. They have more search traffic than every team but Boise state. They have more social media followers. They have more NFL players. They have more draft prospects, They have more national media appearances than most MWC schools. The game day experience + tailgating is p5 level. The community cares about NDSU (unlike overcrowded lower tier Texas schools). 

The MW is a solid conference and NDSU would add because they are in the same league. 

Unlike you I have actual real life experience seeing my school jump up to D-1 29 years ago.  Nevada moved up to dying Big West conference.  Boise did not join for a few more years.  Both schools were very successful in 1-AA.  In fact Boise was a powerhouse.  They had a winning record over Nevada. But what you probably don't know is when  they played the first time against Nevada after the Pack had moved up, Boise got absolutely smoked.  It was so bad that College Hall of Fame coach Chris Ault commented that they couldn't schedule Boise until the Broncos improved their talent.  Every Boise fan here said that was their rallying cry from then on.

They got better right away but weren't really dominate in the Big West. It took them 5 or 6 years and a move to the WAC to really start to shine. 

You have this notion that you will be a top team in the MW right from day 1 but you would not be.. It is hard to move up..Really hard.

You are so arrogant that you don't believe your school should have to work their way up to what is a far far far tougher league than you imagine. 

You want a cozy little football only deal. 

It does not matter if ESPN puts your playoff games on TV when there isn't much FBS games available. In addition, the MW is not an ESPN conference.

You simply would not be on national tv much in the MW.  

Had you come to the board in a respectful and humble way you would have been received much better..

Getting pissed off and telling MW fans that just don't understand the wonderfulness of NDSU FCS football is meaningless because none of us here have a vote.

At the moment and for the immediate future there is no avenue for you to be invited to the MW..All your graphs and charts don't change that..

Maybe we should invite Alabama A&M.  Just watched them on ESPN. Would give us a footprint in SEC territory where we could recruit head to head agains Sabin.  They have similar sideline gimmicks as BSU and we could lay to rest any idea that the MWC is not inclusive.  Would add a new level of viewership with a HBC in the fold.  NDSU should petition the B1G and really take over the MSP market.  The MWC is not worthy of the Bison.

It SUCKS to be a CSU Ram!

10 hours ago, tenbobnote said:

We get it. You love NDSU and want them in the MWC.  No need to keep repeating yourself.  Good luck in the playoffs. 

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

FCS playoff guidance

Juice is high meaning your conviction must be high

NDSU @ SHSU

oddsmakers have NDSU -3. O/U  47      https://www.bookmaker.eu/live-lines/football/ncaa(f)fcs

TAKE:  NDSU.   Mythical score NDSU 40 SHSU 25.  Take over

MONEY LINE:  NDSU

SIU @ SDSU

oddsmakers have SDSU -15.5. O/U  54      https://www.bookmaker.eu/live-lines/football/ncaa(f)fcs

TAKE:  SIU and points.   Mythical score SDSU 29 SIU 21.  Take under.   SDSU will have difficulty covering

MONEY LINE:  SDSU

DELAWARE @ JACKSONVILLE STATE

oddsmakers have JSU -3.  O/U  42      https://www.bookmaker.eu/live-lines/football/ncaa(f)fcs

TAKE:  Delaware and points for upset    Mythical score Delaware 30 JSU 26.  Take under.   

MONEY LINE:  Delaware

UND @ JMU

oddsmakers have JMU -3.  O/U  52.5      https://www.bookmaker.eu/live-lines/football/ncaa(f)fcs

TAKE:  JMU     Mythical score JMU 37 UND 21   Take over

MONEY LINE:  JMU

North Dakota State lost to Sam Houston State today 24-20, so the Bison are done.

South Dakota State plays Southern Illinois this evening on ESPN2. 2571.png&h=40&w=40 Go Jacks!

9 minutes ago, crixus said:

North Dakota State lost to Sam Houston State today 24-20, so the Bison are done.

South Dakota State plays Southern Illinois this evening on ESPN2. 2571.png&h=40&w=40 Go Jacks!

The NDSU QB was about ten levels below Trey Lance. 

4 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Insha'allah, this is the end of the NDSU fans' ongoing/permanent "Cocaine and Tequila Sunrise Tour".

I wish. 

1 hour ago, Joe from WY said:

Insha'allah, this is the end of the NDSU fans' ongoing/permanent "Cocaine and Tequila Sunrise Tour".

This native South Dakotan says Amen to that!

3 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

I've never been to South Dakota, but I've been to North Dakota, which was like taking a trip to boring Siberia. Nothing could be worse. I've seen the Black Hills though, from Montana, which are beautiful. So, in an abstract sense...SD > ND

North Dakota does have an interesting part of the state called the Badlands (Theodore Roosevelt National Park). It's not as cool as the Black Hills of South Dakota IMHO, but it is worth seeing. B)

https://www.nps.gov/thro/index.htm

South Dakota State beat Southern Illinois 31-26, whew! They'll play Delaware next week in the Semi-Final. And Sam Houston State will play James Madison in the other Semi-Final. Kudos to the Salukis, they played the Jackrabbits tough to the very end. 

2571.png&h=40&w=40 Go Jacks! 

South Dakota State wins again on ESPN. The tv ratings and internet searches for the Jack Rabbits are out of control. SDSU has a new outdoor stadium, hot governor, blow out win vs. the turd bison... c’mon MWC, the time to strike is now. 

1 hour ago, crixus said:

North Dakota does have an interesting part of the state called the Badlands (Theodore Roosevelt National Park). It's not as cool as the Black Hills of South Dakota IMHO, but it is worth seeing. B)

TRNP is cool but South Dakota's Badlands are far more rugged, larger and famous than North Dakota's.

https://www.nps.gov/badl/index.htm

Badlands National Park, South Dakota | Travel Channel
Badlands National Park: Discovering a Land of Beauty

The Ultimate South Dakota Road Trip Itinerary: Where to Stop, What to Do,  and More | Travel + LeisureSouth Dakota Badlands in Winter - Thru Our Eyes Photography | Linton  Wildlife Photos

3 hours ago, crixus said:

I was just in TRNP in ND last summer.  It was my first time there.  Very similar to the badlands of SD but as has been mentioned,  the Badlands and BLNP are much bigger. Having been in both states, I’d say SD > ND because of the Black Hills. I really enjoy the Black Hills.  

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

44 minutes ago, Old_Sparty1857 said:

I was just in TRNP in ND last summer.  It was my first time there.  Very similar to the badlands of SD but as has been mentioned,  the Badlands and BLNP are much bigger. Having been in both states, I’d say SD>ND because of the Black Hills.  I really enjoy the Black Hills. 

South Dakota is definitely > than North Dakota. There's no doubt about that, IMHO. My sister went to South Dakota State (my Aunt once lived in Brookings and offered her free room & board) which was a great deal. She retired and moved to Florida before I had a chance to take her up on that deal. I probably would have gone to San Jose State anyway. Those Dakota winters are too brrr cold for me. I did go to a Jacks football game and a basketball game when I went to visit my sister a couple of times. B)

10 hours ago, crixus said:

South Dakota is definitely > than North Dakota. There's no doubt about that, IMHO. My sister went to South Dakota State (my Aunt once lived in Brookings and offered her free room & board) which was a great deal. She retired and moved to Florida before I had a chance to take her up on that deal. I probably would have gone to San Jose State anyway. Those Dakota winters are too brrr cold for me. I did go to a Jacks football game and a basketball game when I went to visit my sister a couple of times. B)

If we were going to add a Dakota team, that would be my first choice too.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

FCS Semifinals - May 8

Delaware Blue Hens @ South Dakota State Jackrabbits (9:00 am PT on ESPN)

James Madison Dukes @ Sam Houston State Bearkats (11:30 am PT on ABC) 

*Championship - May 16 at Toyota Stadium in Frisco, TX (11:00 am PT on ABC)