Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tenbobnote

NDSU Football Head Coach Matt Entz Wants To Join The Mountain West?

16 minutes ago, RSF said:

Already have done that.  Unlike you, I dont feel the need to repeat myself.

Btw...if NDSU is a national brand, why is ESPN loading up on College Softball today?

Maybe you don't repeat yourself but you also don't have much behind your arguments... 

Because it's FCS and people don't watch football in the spring 😩 .  There's a reason all these startup football leagues fail 

On 4/16/2021 at 4:19 AM, Jack Bauer said:

I think the kick out UNM makes more sense.

Their bball isn't even good anymore. They bring no market.

At least UNLV is Vegas.

Surprisingly I agree with you. However it will not happen. 

19 minutes ago, tenbobnote said:

Maybe you don't repeat yourself but you also don't have much behind your arguments... 

Because it's FCS and people don't watch football in the spring 😩 .  There's a reason all these startup football leagues fail 

I admire your stamina but what exactly is your goal here?

48 minutes ago, tenbobnote said:

Or people don't give a crap. You'd think with such a national following ESPN would be blasting it all over my TV.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

Guest #1Stunner
3 hours ago, tenbobnote said:

I can understand the temptation to want to go to Texas but they're so flooded with football teams, UNT is hardly a program down there.

NDSU is a better choice over UNT financially and from a national brand perspective.

-----

FINANCIAL:
2019 Ticket Sales (huge metric for determining the health of a program)
NDSU: 6.01m
UNT: 1.47m  <-- nobody cares about North Texas football in Texas

2019 Contributions (football only)
NDSU: 1.51m
UNT: .84m

Overall football revenue
NDSU: 6m
UNT: 5.57m 
(1 million is UNT guarantees, something NDSU can't get because no one will play them as long as their FCS)

------

BRAND:

NDSU is twice as popular nationally as UNT:

2000582889_ScreenShot2021-04-17at11_22_50AM.png.f60362fb7b0d0d247289d2872ec91560.png

(especially in MW territory):

2054727082_ScreenShot2021-04-17at11_24_19AM.png.8c52036939995fb5ae534ce751e51848.png

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&geo=US&q=%2Fm%2F0c41_v,%2Fm%2F02wvhps

North Texas has a much larger enrollment than Northern Dakota State, though.

Plus, they have a nice Stadium and will join for all sports.  Northern Dakota State's sports are in the Summit League.

Guest #1Stunner
3 hours ago, RSF said:

Pointing to it again doesnt make it true.

And yes, Neilsen data does matter.  Ask TCU and the Big 12.  Its why they added us, because FOX and ESPN liked the numbers.  

And NDSU is not a national brand.  Not even close.

^^^ This moron is as clueless as the North Dakota fans.   Thinks that TCU has a national TV following...

Everyone knows that No one watches Texas Christian games on TV or in person.  Their stadium is empty.  

Texas Christian = SMU fanbase size

TCU was added to replace the loss of Texas A&M, and give the Big12 four Texas schools.

Guest #1Stunner
1 hour ago, tenbobnote said:

Who has a bigger national following on Google trends?

North Dakota or Texas Christian University?

4 hours ago, tenbobnote said:

I can understand the temptation to want to go to Texas but they're so flooded with football teams, UNT is hardly a program down there.

NDSU is a better choice over UNT financially and from a national brand perspective.

-----

FINANCIAL:
2019 Ticket Sales (huge metric for determining the health of a program)
NDSU: 6.01m
UNT: 1.47m  <-- nobody cares about North Texas football in Texas

2019 Contributions (football only)
NDSU: 1.51m
UNT: .84m

Overall football revenue
NDSU: 6m
UNT: 5.57m 
(1 million is UNT guarantees, something NDSU can't get because no one will play them as long as their FCS)

------

BRAND:

NDSU is twice as popular nationally as UNT:

2000582889_ScreenShot2021-04-17at11_22_50AM.png.f60362fb7b0d0d247289d2872ec91560.png

(especially in MW territory):

2054727082_ScreenShot2021-04-17at11_24_19AM.png.8c52036939995fb5ae534ce751e51848.png

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&geo=US&q=%2Fm%2F0c41_v,%2Fm%2F02wvhps

NDSU sold 6.01 million tickets in 2019??  The Fargodome holds 18,700.  So you guys sold out your stadium 321 times in 2019??

Sure, we'll buy that.

18 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

NDSU sold 6.01 million tickets in 2019??  The Fargodome holds 18,700.  So you guys sold out your stadium 321 times in 2019??

Sure, we'll buy that.

Shoot I accidentally pasted totally revenue there.
3.781m in ticket sales
9 games, $420,111/game 

On 4/15/2021 at 3:11 PM, lakesbison said:

ouchhhhhhh

That's right. I hope they meet up again in the playoffs. 2571.png&h=40&w=40 Go Jacks! 

On 4/15/2021 at 8:51 AM, NVGiant said:

Can't be any less competitive than UNLV.

And yet we beat Reno something like 3 of 5 games with a high school coach, yeah? B)

However, Carson Strong and your receiver are going to make Norvell look competent again this year. 

Anyway, I'm late to this thread and probably will not read the rest of it.. it's a big NO from me for adding any FCS teams to the MW. 

On 4/15/2021 at 8:53 AM, lakesbison said:

https://www.facebook.com/BisoNation1

Attendance Chart here shows that NDSU would be 6th or so easily right now

NDSU played at Target Field Minneapolis 40,000 fans & will play at US BANK (Minn Vikings stadium) soon 50,000+

Maybe a carrot for Mountain West is NDSU signs a long term deal to play 1 game at US BANK every year, then Mountain West teams and conference get a game in a Major Metropolitan market.

Wentz #2 NFL pick

Lance  top 5 NFL pick in a couple weeks.

Well +++++, Wyoming has played in front of 110k at Neyland. Move out tha way, Mississippi State! 'Pokes coming to make you money.

21 hours ago, tenbobnote said:

Yes, because softball is such a draw.

My arguments are just fine.  Refuting yours doesnt need to be repeated.  You, on the other hand, keep repeating yours because thats a common tactic - repeat something enough in the hopes that people will start buying it.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 4/16/2021 at 2:19 AM, Jack Bauer said:

I think the kick out UNM makes more sense.

Their bball isn't even good anymore. They bring no market.

At least UNLV is Vegas.

Just because UNLV is in LV doesn't mean it delivers the LV market. The vast majority of that market is pretty indifferent to UNLV Athletics.

It leads to a serious chicken-or-the-egg argument- do winning programs evolve from solid fan support, or does the support come after a program succeeds? I think pure grassroots winners are mostly outliers. Winning and competitive programs have a solid base of fan support, win or lose. That fan support obviously grows with a winning tradition, but it is the rare program that establishes that tradition in a relative support vacuum.

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

South Dakota State is the #1 seed in the FCS Playoffs. 2571.png&h=40&w=40 Go Jacks! 

https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/football/fcs/2021

The Missouri Valley Football Conference has 5 teams in the 16 team playoff.