Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

utenation

Utah @ SDSU 9/18

Either way ladies, as stated in the movie, "You go to Utah, you stay in Utah."

As stated, our O was horrific. Part due to lack of direction by OC, mismanagement by OC and incompetence of OC. Add, our Oline never jelled under the previous OL coach whom now is gone. And yes, we couldn't keep a QB on the field worth a nickle...

Personel wise, we are fine and deep. Also curious about our Kicking game, drop off last year yet as a result of the above, not a surprise.

Game will be played in the armpit of LA (pretty much all of LA fits discription) with maybe 12K in attendance.

I expect a let down- Utah has exceptional coaching and reloaded as usual with talent.

Focus on the Disengenous Ones from Kolob- we will give you a game to tune up.

7 hours ago, utenation said:

Surprising. Baylor was pretty much a top 15 team all year in 2019. I think he'll do OK. Maybe not Jaren Call or Jacob Crabcake good. Brewer seems to know how to handle the play action game ok. Something Utah does well.   Pretty confident Utah will win their 10th in a row over BYU in our second game.. Be prepared for a 200 yard game on the ground and maybe a 300 yard game in the air. Destruction. 

I guess I was way more focused on other top quarterbacks and top-15 teams last season.  Baylor was never on my radar.

56 minutes ago, Pelado said:

I guess I was way more focused on other top quarterbacks and top-15 teams last season.  Baylor was never on my radar.

I was talking about 2019.  There were a lot of missed games, no games, etc as you know in 2020. Which allowed teams like BYU to impress their fans with embarrassing schedules, bloated  numbers and silly rankings. 

2 hours ago, Rev McQuervo said:

Either way ladies, as stated in the movie, "You go to Utah, you stay in Utah."

As stated, our O was horrific. Part due to lack of direction by OC, mismanagement by OC and incompetence of OC. Add, our Oline never jelled under the previous OL coach whom now is gone. And yes, we couldn't keep a QB on the field worth a nickle...

Personel wise, we are fine and deep. Also curious about our Kicking game, drop off last year yet as a result of the above, not a surprise.

Game will be played in the armpit of LA (pretty much all of LA fits discription) with maybe 12K in attendance.

I expect a let down- Utah has exceptional coaching and reloaded as usual with talent.

Focus on the Disengenous Ones from Kolob- we will give you a game to tune up.

I was saying on another thread, I wish your new stadium was done this year. Looks nice.  SD is funner than LA

3 hours ago, utenation said:

I was talking about 2019.  There were a lot of missed games, no games, etc as you know in 2020. Which allowed teams like BYU to impress their fans with embarrassing schedules, bloated  numbers and silly rankings. 

OK.  Still don't remember hearing about the guy.

7 minutes ago, Mano said:

Pelado knows exactly who he is..  He's worried. Trust me.. He knows the hammer is coming again. He's pretty much given up on him seeing another BYU victory in this series, just hopeful his kids might see one.

33 minutes ago, utenation said:

Pelado knows exactly who he is..  He's worried. Trust me.. He knows the hammer is coming again. He's pretty much given up on him seeing another BYU victory in this series, just hopeful his kids might see one.

Same as the CSU fan who denigrates SDSU football despite his team losing to it 10 of the last 12 games between the schools.

21 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Same as the CSU fan who denigrates SDSU football despite his team losing to it 10 of the last 12 games between the schools.

@Pelado is a good sport. He's just messing around. He's just trying to get in a few shots before they have to tuck tail for bragging rights in the state.

2 hours ago, utenation said:

@Pelado is a good sport. He's just messing around. He's just trying to get in a few shots before they have to tuck tail for bragging rights in the state.

That was definitely my intent with my first post in this thread.  But I seriously don't remember hearing anything about the Baylor kid before this thread.  I didn't even remember Baylor being ranked the season before last. 

It would be great if my kids could witness a victory over Utah.  But there are some things that are better experienced together, so, perhaps selfishly, I'm hoping it happens in September.

1 minute ago, Pelado said:

That was definitely my intent with my first post in this thread.  But I seriously don't remember hearing anything about the Baylor kid before this thread.  I didn't even remember Baylor being ranked the season before last. 

It would be great if my kids could witness a victory over Utah.  But there are some things that are better experienced together, so, perhaps selfishly, I'm hoping it happens in September.

There's plenty of video and stats from Mano and I.. You should be good now. Baylor and OU were right on Utah's ass in 2019 for the final playoff spot. Before we shit the bed against Oregon.

5 minutes ago, utenation said:

There's plenty of video and stats from Mano and I.. You should be good now. Baylor and OU were right on Utah's ass in 2019 for the final playoff spot. Before we shit the bed against Oregon.

You had much more reason to pay attention to the 2019 CFP rankings than I did.  I just read that article posted above.  Sounds like he's been really successful.

On 4/14/2021 at 2:20 PM, Mano said:

Losing Ty Jordan was devastating for Utah, I truly believe he was going to be a super special player on the national level. 

I’m still not over it. A nice tribute here.

https://www.deseret.com/2021/4/15/22386715/custom-helmets-utah-football-will-wear-for-spring-game-to-honor-ty-jordan-utes

Can the Utes hang with USC and ASU in the P12 south this year?  USC is USC and ASU is loaded.  Curious on Ute fan thoughts. 

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

8 minutes ago, Old_Sparty1857 said:

Can the Utes hang with USC and ASU in the P12 south this year?  USC is USC and ASU is loaded.  Curious on Ute fan thoughts. 

I’m going to wait until I see Brewer play a few games but here’s what I do know. We play at USC, which we always struggle with. I’d say that’s a loss until proven otherwise. 

We get ASU in SLC, so I like our chances. We’re very good at home. ASU is loaded and Daniels is now a Jr. and should be seasoned.  Coach Edwards and his staff have been recruiting at a high level as well. 

I think Utah will be picked 3rd in the south in the media poll behind USC and ASU. 

Keep your eye on UCLA too. 

UGLY will not be a challange. $C still has "Jethro" as the HC, sad to see the Pac "When" so far down the scale as a conference. For decades (up until the past two) it was a Nationally dominate conference- No more.

2 hours ago, utenation said:

I’m going to wait until I see Brewer play a few games but here’s what I do know. We play at USC, which we always struggle with. I’d say that’s a loss until proven otherwise. 

We get ASU in SLC, so I like our chances. We’re very good at home. ASU is loaded and Daniels is now a Jr. and should be seasoned.  Coach Edwards and his staff have been recruiting at a high level as well. 

I think Utah will be picked 3rd in the south in the media poll behind USC and ASU. 

ASU is all in on trying to win the Pac12.  This might be the year they get to the championship game if they can get by USC and your Utes.  It will be interesting. 

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

7 hours ago, utenation said:

UCLA is the dark horse in all this. I think they show improvement under Chip Kelly this year now that he has his system and recruits in place. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

7 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

UCLA is the dark horse in all this. I think they show improvement under Chip Kelly this year now that he has his system and recruits in place. 

They've been getting better and UCLA can get talent into their campus..