Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cincy

Is this a perfect excuse for the P5s to drop the NCAA?

23 minutes ago, AztecMD said:

I want to see some random directional school like Southwest Missouri State exclusively recruit transgenders that used to be dudes and dominate the NCAA women’s tournament. 

Almost worth it to not see the same hodgepodge of UConn, Baylor, SCar, MissState and Stanford every year

50 minutes ago, AztecMD said:

I want to see some random directional school like Southwest Missouri State exclusively recruit transgenders that used to be dudes and dominate the NCAA women’s tournament. 

Yeah, it's against Title IX to bar them, and against Title IX to allow them

1 hour ago, AztecMD said:

I have said the same thing.  Get some people who are not good enough for D-1, but would kill it in the women's league.  And don't even try to pass them off as trans, just have them claim to be trans that day. If they get called out on it, the players, coach, school etc. can claim they are bigots or trying to be gatekeepers. and that no one can read their feelings.  Make is so ridiculous that it needs to be addressed.

This is 26,604 fans?  #FresnopullingaMiami

Fresno.jpg

33 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Not get their nuts cut off, but someone’s going to fake being trans to get a scholarship. 

If you had to stack rank this against an hierarchy of stupidity and nonsensical fury where would your faux-rage be slotted?

“Legislators in more than 20 states have introduced bills this year that would ban transgender girls from competing on girls’ sports teams in public high schools. Yet in almost every case, sponsors cannot cite a single instance in their own state or region where such participation has caused problems.”

23 hours ago, SanDiegoPoke said:

LOL, I cannot believe some of you think people will change genders for college sports.

conservatives love to freak out over social issues, esp anything related to the LGBT community.

I'm like, hey, if it means someone can finally beat up on UConn women's basketball...so be it

mem skyline sig.jpeg

If you don't agree with the concept, it would make sense to not accept the faulty terms and conditions that established said concept:

gen·der | \ ˈjen-dər  \
plural genders

Definition of gender

(Entry 1 of 2)

1a: a subclass within a grammatical class (such as noun, pronoun, adjective, or verb) of a language that is partly arbitrary but also partly based on distinguishable characteristics (such as shape, social rank, manner of existence, or sex) and that determines agreement with and selection of other words or grammatical forms
b: membership of a word or a grammatical form in such a subclass
c: an inflectional form (see INFLECTION sense 2a) showing membership in such a subclass
2a: SEX sense 1athe feminine gender
b: the behavioral, cultural, or psychological traits typically associated with one sex
c: GENDER IDENTITYThose seeking state driver's licenses in Massachusetts are closer to being able to designate their gender as "X" instead of "male" or "female." The state Senate has overwhelmingly approved a bill that would allow for the nonbinary designation on licenses.— Steve LeBlancFacebook's message was clear when the social media network added new gender options for users on Thursday: the company is sensitive to a wide spectrum of gender identity and wants users to feel accommodated no matter where they see themselves on that spectrum.— Katy Steinmetz

ezgif-5-959914ff2250.gif.f0cc4fc558f5a154dc6ff5904c80bf34.gif

50 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

conservatives love to freak out over social issues, esp anything related to the LGBT community.

I'm like, hey, if it means someone can finally beat up on UConn women's basketball...so be it

I think very, very few people really give a damn whether a person wants to identify as a man or a woman.  Being genetically male and being allowed to compete against genetic females does create a very unfair advantage though.  I don't think it's right to endorse that advantage.  Exactly why Title IX was created.

1 hour ago, Headbutt said:

Being genetically male and being allowed to compete against genetic females does create a very unfair advantage though.  I don't think it's right to endorse that advantage.  Exactly why Title IX was created.

That may be, but you know what's even less fair?  That there are so many dudes that are, because of their genetics, significantly more athletic than I am.  Just not fair.

48 minutes ago, Pelado said:

That may be, but you know what's even less fair?  That there are so many dudes that are, because of their genetics, significantly more athletic than I am.  Just not fair.

I'm sorry.  I didn't do it on purpose.  :D