Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aztecjeff

Aztec Stadium Virtual Fly Through

23 hours ago, AztecMD said:

The video somehow makes it seem further than it is.  Here is a shot that shows the distance between the field and the stands.  I wish it were closer but understand the reasoning for accommodating soccer as well.  This is going to be one of the coolest stadiums in the nation.  Stock up on lube now to avoid the rush when the stadium opens.  

F5AC4A9F-B2EB-4FBB-AC73-61F668226FD0.png

Part of me wishes the stadium was closer to the trolley so it could be seen going by during games...oh well. 

On 4/15/2021 at 11:02 AM, AztecMD said:

The video somehow makes it seem further than it is.  Here is a shot that shows the distance between the field and the stands.  I wish it were closer but understand the reasoning for accommodating soccer as well.  This is going to be one of the coolest stadiums in the nation.  Stock up on lube now to avoid the rush when the stadium opens.  

F5AC4A9F-B2EB-4FBB-AC73-61F668226FD0.png

I did some rough Google map measurements of stadiums that have soccer

The Q was 319 feet wide from stands to stands (and an extra110 feet from row 1 of the lower bowl to row 1 of the first deck!)

Carson, where Aztecs play next year is 308

Banc of California (LAFC) is 255

UCincy is 248

That is a lot of wriggle room.  I wish we knew the dimensions.  

For reference, Bulldog Stadium is 220, Wyoming is similar, CSU is 265.  Other new stadiums are Tulane at 230, Houston is 260

4 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

The Q was 319 feet wide from stands to stands (and an extra110 feet from row 1 of the lower bowl to row 1 of the first deck!)

UCincy is 248

For reference, Bulldog Stadium is 220, Wyoming is similar, CSU is 265.  Other new stadiums are Tulane at 230, Houston is 260

When you say "Carson, where Aztecs play next year" - do you mean the 2021 season?

Do you have any measurements for the new SDSU stadium?  Maybe they're already posted and I'm just blind.

18 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

UCincy is 248

I had hoped that we would be at 255 between sidelines like Banc of California stadium but looking at the renderings it appears to be a little bit more than that. I would say 265 to 270.  In the heart of a trophy destination like San Diego I can see why they designed it to host other events as well.  We are going to steal most outdoor events/concerts away from Petco because of our more traditional shape and better luxury suites. 

14 hours ago, Pelado said:

When you say "Carson, where Aztecs play next year" - do you mean the 2021 season?

Do you have any measurements for the new SDSU stadium?  Maybe they're already posted and I'm just blind.

They haven't been posted and as I said "I wish we knew the dimensions", yes you are blind. :P

Here is a map/plan from Spurlock Landscape Architects, landscape architects for the stadium.  This gives a better view of how the fields are laid out in comparison to the the lower level stands.

image.png.5f932fc8ffb648c5bcf59acbbc3e6841.png

7 hours ago, kalua pig said:

the side line seats are too far from the field.the starbucks lounge area is everything that is wrong with this concept.the stadium looks like a tourist trap.

What's the latest on Hawaii's new stadium? 

7 hours ago, Koji Vu said:

What's the latest on Hawaii's new stadium? 

The Pig is redesigning so that the side line seats are not too far from the field and making sure that the stadium does not become a tourist trap! :D 

6 hours ago, kalua pig said:

we are about to get the opportunity to play  in a intimate location. it will be the best home field advantage in the mwc.

Why?  Wyoming at that altitude with the Iowa like dimensions, the Dog Bowl in Fresno as well.  Boise's will even kill geese.  

On 4/20/2021 at 3:12 AM, kalua pig said:

the side line seats are too far from the field.the starbucks lounge area is everything that is wrong with this concept.the stadium looks like a tourist trap.

For international soccer matches the field must be between 70 and 80 yards wide. Any new stadium in SD is going to have international soccer matches. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

58 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

For international soccer matches the field must be between 70 and 80 yards wide. Any new stadium in SD is going to have international soccer matches. 

There will be plenty of room.  SDSU consulted with CSU on the plans and used Canvas stadium as a rough template.  Hardly a carbon copy, but definitely in the same family.  CSU had no intention of playing soccer in their stadium, and yet has played the entire season in Canvas while the new complex is being built.  OTOH, SDSU has had soccer as part of the agenda from day one, therefore I'm certain it's in the plans.

Relax, I guarantee SDSU will be able to host soccer in a very professional manner.  A football team has about 90 players on the sidelines + coaches.  A soccer team has about 15 players on the sideline + coaches.  You can certainly paint a much wider field for soccer and still leave plenty of room for the sidelines.  I think we're talking like 25 feet per side(?).

Much ado about nothing.  If SDSU's new stadium wants to host soccer, the only concern will be how to tarp off a bunch of seats to keep the place from looking empty.  Hopefully that won't be necessary in a lot of instances, but you're also not going to fill it up for a SDSU vs SJSU match.

Just now, Headbutt said:

There will be plenty of room.  SDSU consulted with CSU on the plans and used Canvas stadium as a rough template.  Hardly a carbon copy, but definitely in the same family.  CSU had no intention of playing soccer in their stadium, and yet has played the entire season in Canvas while the new complex is being built.  OTOH, SDSU has had soccer as part of the agenda from day one, therefore I'm certain it's in the plans.

Relax, I guarantee SDSU will be able to host soccer in a very professional manner.  A football team has about 90 players on the sidelines + coaches.  A soccer team has about 15 players on the sideline + coaches.  You can certainly paint a much wider field for soccer and still leave plenty of room for the sidelines.  I think we're talking like 25 feet per side(?).

Much ado about nothing.  If SDSU's new stadium wants to host soccer, the only concern will be how to tarp off a bunch of seats to keep the place from looking empty.  Hopefully that won't be necessary in a lot of instances, but you're also not going to fill it up for a SDSU vs SJSU match.

I’m not worked up about it at all. I’m looking forward to watching both. I agree much ado about nothing. Some just need reasons to be bitter. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

14 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Why?  Wyoming at that altitude with the Iowa like dimensions, the Dog Bowl in Fresno as well.  Boise's will even kill geese.  

we find out nov.6.you already know cuz.

On 4/16/2021 at 12:13 PM, East Coast Aztec said:

UCincy is 248

Thanks for not including Boise, probably like 450.

:crying: