Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aztecjeff

Aztec Stadium Virtual Fly Through

4 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

I am not from Utah, nor have I ever lived in Utah except for a portion of my college.....

You seem to keep approaching this like I am from Utah/Provo, and have ZERO experience with bars and such.  Or that folks in my own group of friends and family are teatotalers...  Wrong.

I am simply agreeing with @Del Scorcho about the trend of new stadiums having separate lounges, bars and restaurants in the facilities.   I get a short visit at halftime.   But I don't know why people would want to be at a bar or restaurant DURING the game, as opposed to drinking a beer at their seat watching the game. 

But that's just me.   I get that some "fans" really don't care about the school or the game.

I’m not referring to where you live just that you don’t drink. 

Different culture.

On 4/11/2021 at 3:37 PM, RebelRobert said:

UNLV is the public so the $750 million is contributed on our behalf.  

You're an idiot. 

On 4/11/2021 at 8:41 PM, Koji Vu said:

SDSU did it right for two reasons:
1) Potential ancillary revenues through soccer and even rugby, and
2) The stands were so far away from the sidelines (and the sightlines were so bad, and it felt like you were attending a game at a post-apocalyptical bomb site) at the old stadium that these will look great to every San Diegan who attends games. :D 

Can't wait for 2022! 

So in #2 you are saying Jack Murphy was so shitty that it's okay if we half-assed our new for $350mm, when we could have done it right for $223mm 5-yrs-ago.

On 4/11/2021 at 1:46 PM, RebelRobert said:

Senate Bill 1 guarantees UNLV’s access to the stadium with the public funding portion.  The Stadium authority will pay UNLV $3.5 million per year for playing in the stadium for 10 years.

The Raiders are responsible for UNLV's field (turf). 

The Raiders also have an agreement with the Stadium Authority and if they were to break it or leave, the RAIDERS WOULD NOT OWN THE STADIUM.

The Stadium is owned by the Stadium Authority. So UNLV and the Raiders both have agreements to play there.  UNLV's is GUARANTEED.

How much do y'all get in the 11th-yr?

"The RAIDERS WOULD NOT OWN THE STADIUM."  So los Radiers own the stadium until they "...break (the lease)...or leave?"

On 4/11/2021 at 1:42 PM, utenation said:

So why didn’t a UNLV stadium ever get approved with public funds prior to the Raiders coming?

Tell me again, how this rental agreement is “your home”...

You guys are a welfare subsidy that has a chance to make some game day revenue which probably won’t happen.

On 4/11/2021 at 1:49 PM, RebelRobert said:

The Raiders also have an agreement with the Stadium Authority to play in the stadium, are you insinuating it is not their home because they have an agreement?

That is silly.  UNLV is guaranteed by Senate Bill 1 to be allowed to play in the stadium, it does not mean we have to but we are guaranteed the right if we want it.

We have an agreement to play there so that is our home.   Raiders have an agreement to play there so that is their home also.

If anyone breaks the agreements, THE STADIUM AUTHORITY OWNS THE FACILITY.

You do realize the Raiders haver a kick-ass sweetheart deal & UNLV bought the crumbs with their $750mm of Welfare chk ¿RIGHT?

Nice stadium Aztecs and you had the foresight to be able to include soccer & rugby.

I'm also beginning to forget that UNLV has a team after the Raiders moved into town and soon the Pac-12 CCG.  UNLV paid $750M for their share?!?  Big time mistake imo.

5 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

So in #2 you are saying Jack Murphy was so shitty that it's okay if we half-assed our new for $350mm, when we could have done it right for $223mm 5-yrs-ago.

I reject your assertion that they half-assed it.  It's going to be a great stadium, and they had nowhere to build 5 years ago.

1 hour ago, utenation said:

No. It looks like it was tax increases.. Specifically tax on tourism, so really, the rest of the world paid for this. Not UNLV..

Right @RebelRobert ? Tell us again how this came from UNLV....

Seems like as long as UNLV doesn't have to pay rent and keep all of its revenues then it's in decent shape. Not ideal because they can't get additional revenues from other events, but they are also not ponying up any $$ or effort on building the facility.

3 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

I thank you all for your interest in San Diego State athletics.

And I would like to thank State99755 for reminding us that CSU still has a football team.

(Coincidentally, it just occurred to me that when I was a small child in the pre-area code era after we moved to L.A. when most reading this weren't even a glimmer in their father's eye, our family's phone number was ST(ate)95724. Funny how I can remember that number but not the phone numbers we had in Oakland, Richmond or Fresno nor my phone numbers as a student at SDSU.)

This stadium is going to be a financial game-changer for SDSU's athletic department and football program.  Incremental revenue moving from the old stadium to the new one before any debt service will be $20mm and that doesn't include any potential revenue from a soccer or rugby team using it.  The stadium will cost $310mm and we have already raised $40mm which doesn't count the "donations" that must be made by season ticket holders to get their seats.  Not counting the season ticket donations, the worst case scenario debt service would be ~$9mm/year.  To provide context, our future athletic department revenue will exceed $80mm once the stadium opens. 

58 minutes ago, Fowl said:

This stadium is going to be a financial game-changer for SDSU's athletic department and football program.  Incremental revenue moving from the old stadium to the new one before any debt service will be $20mm and that doesn't include any potential revenue from a soccer or rugby team using it.  The stadium will cost $310mm and we have already raised $40mm which doesn't count the "donations" that must be made by season ticket holders to get their seats.  Not counting the season ticket donations, the worst case scenario debt service would be ~$9mm/year.  To provide context, our future athletic department revenue will exceed $80mm once the stadium opens. 

That's about where my WAG puts SDSU's future revenue, too. 

On 4/11/2021 at 6:39 PM, MWC Tex said:

Even as a soccer field the seats are too far away. 

I doubt it. FIFA requires fields to be between 70 and 80 yards wide. There will be quite a few international matches in the stadium if history is any guide. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

2 hours ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

I doubt it. FIFA requires fields to be between 70 and 80 yards wide. There will be quite a few international matches in the stadium if history is any guide. 

The real problem of the old stadium was the low pitch of the lower bowl.  The field dimensions will likely be similar to both stadiums, but the rise/run of the new stadium is going to be a massive difference, as well as the less number of rows in the lower bowl so the upper deck isn't so far back.  Aztec fans are going to see the improvement.

Spartan Stadium had to be widened for the Earthquakes back in the day.  I’m really glad that SJSU does not host the earthquakes as a tenant any longer.  I get that SDSU is going to need another tenant to pay the bills, but a football stadium and a soccer stadium are really two different venues. 

image.png.c16eb8bef8ce56efae30bb4bc0e688c0.png

image.jpeg.ecf1f3e79f8a1e26c8c06c6205440a83.jpeg

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

9 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

The real problem of the old stadium was the low pitch of the lower bowl.  The field dimensions will likely be similar to both stadiums, but the rise/run of the new stadium is going to be a massive difference, as well as the less number of rows in the lower bowl so the upper deck isn't so far back.  Aztec fans are going to see the improvement.

7'9" from ground level to the first row of seats is what I heard as opposed to basically nothing at da Q.

The video somehow makes it seem further than it is.  Here is a shot that shows the distance between the field and the stands.  I wish it were closer but understand the reasoning for accommodating soccer as well.  This is going to be one of the coolest stadiums in the nation.  Stock up on lube now to avoid the rush when the stadium opens.  

F5AC4A9F-B2EB-4FBB-AC73-61F668226FD0.png

On 4/10/2021 at 6:29 PM, MWC Tex said:

It looks the sidelines have an 8 lane track between them.  The seats are so far away from the field.  Hopefully that isn’t going to happen in reality.

Lolwut. The f*ck they are.

WhereTF do you think over 100 players and coaches are going to sit/stand? Yer mom's house? :blink:

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg