Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aztecjeff

Aztec Stadium Virtual Fly Through

58 minutes ago, utenation said:

I have zero issues with UNLV..  Some of their fans however are terrible. 

Naturally I meant their idiot fans. Which is a large number. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

1 minute ago, madmartigan said:

Naturally I meant their idiot fans. Which is a large number. 

I knew what you meant. Just thought I would point it out one more time. :hookah: Thread is now clear for a good discussion on SDSU's stadium.. SDSU fans, I wish this were done this year. We play you guys.

4 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

I don't really understand the desire to get tickets and go to a sporting event, and then hang out inside a separate lounge, or restaurant, or even sit at a table not really facing the action.

I agree with you.....Wouldn't you rather watch the game???

And you don't drink.

3 hours ago, Del Scorcho said:

the lounges I understand. I re-watched the video and it didn't seem as bad as I first thought. 

this video seemed to primarily focus on all of the club levels (field, East, West). The first time I watched it, it seemed like an airport terminal with these vast areas for people to hang out. An easy fix would be to just close those clubs at certain points during the game.

open it up when the Aztec offense is on the field and shut it down when you're on defense :D

My buddies and I are going to be in the West Club area. Not cheap by any means but most of that is the price of the PSL fee which because it all goes to paying off the stadium is fully tax deductible.

Among the things I'm looking forward to is separating myself from the riffraff I've too often had to sit around. Nobody will get into the new club sections without a ticket showing they've paid to sit there. Conversely, at Qualcomm our seats were immediately in front of some people who missed at least half the games and by halfway through the first quarter their seats would be filled by a man and woman who must have earned their money as extras in Deliverance. It was clear those goobers always bought $25 tickets in the top deck and then walked down to grab $60 seats in the Plaza section. Always sounded like they prolly didn't even graduate middle school.

4 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

I don't really understand the desire to get tickets and go to a sporting event, and then hang out inside a separate lounge, or restaurant, or even sit at a table not really facing the action.

I agree with you.....Wouldn't you rather watch the game???

Last I checked most stadiums allow fans inside the premises before kickoff, you know, something called "pre-game". Oh yeah and there's that "half-time" thing and then of course the post game victory parties. 

SMOKE 'EM IF YOU'VE GOT 'EM!

Guest #1Stunner
Just now, albert mac meda said:

Last I checked most stadiums allow fans inside the premises before kickoff, you know, something called "pre-game". Oh yeah and there's that "half-time" thing and then of course the post game victory parties. 

I agree.   But I'm talking about during the game.   When the game is being played.  

4 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

I agree.   But I'm talking about during the game.   When the game is being played.  

So your assumption is that most fans that have access to lounges will utilize them during game play, or at least enough that it will be visibly perceptible to a TV audience? Obviously SOME will but that's the case with ANY stadium that offers such amenities. It seems you're over thinking this concept.

Guest #1Stunner
Just now, albert mac meda said:

So your assumption is that most fans that have access to lounges will utilize them during game play, or at least enough that it will be visibly perceptible to a TV audience? 

Obviously SOME will but that's the case with ANY stadium that offers such amenities. It seems you're over thinking this concept.

Yes, that is what I am saying.   

I sort of agree with @Del Scorcho on that.

It isn't so much a commentary on San Diego State's new stadium, as it is the trend on modern stadiums.   Almost all of them are doing this.

I'm simply saying it is odd that people would be eating in a restaurant or at a bar at the Stadium, watching the game on TV (at the Stadium), and not outside watching the game.

36 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

It isn't so much a commentary on San Diego State's new stadium, as it is the trend on modern stadiums.   Almost all of them are doing this.

I'm simply saying it is odd that people would be eating in a restaurant or at a bar at the Stadium, watching the game on TV (at the Stadium), and not outside watching the game.

Fair enough.

49 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Ever attended a game at the Rose Bowl? If not, all the restrooms are where they were originally located. Which is to say that to use them, you have to exit the actual bowl through a tunnel and then walk another 50 yards or so to get to what is essentially a little house around the back. Better not have to go too badly or you can easily soil your pants. The club areas in Aztec Stadium are going to have their own separate restrooms. Estimated time to get to them for the average club member will be a maximum 3-minute walk from their seat. If you're already in the club section watching one of the video monitors or chatting with friends, more like 30 seconds.

My season seats are going to cost major bucks commencing in 2022. However, I've worked really hard in the almost 40 years since I graduated and to quote Clint Eastwood as Inspector Callahan, "you owe yourself to live a little, Harry." Besides, the money I spend won't be going to some $20+ million dollar per year NFL prima donna but rather to my alma mater which bestowed on me two degrees that helped me earn it.

46 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Stunner, I'm not being a smart ass here. You don't drink.. Period. It's hard for you to understand. Some people are there just to have a good time. 

Guest #1Stunner
Just now, 818SUDSFan said:

Ever attended a game at the Rose Bowl?

If not, all the restrooms are where they were originally located. Which is to say that to use them, you have to exit the actual bowl through a tunnel and then walk another 50 yards or so tro get to what is essentially a little house. Better not have to go too badly or you can easily soil your pants. The club areas in Aztec Stadium are going to have their own separate restrooms. Estimated time to get to them for the average club member will be a maximum 3-minute walk. If you're already in the club section watching one of the video monitors or chatting with friends, more like 30 seconds.

My season seats are going to cost major bucks commencing in 2022. However, I've worked really hard in the almost 40 years since I graduated and to quote Clint Eastwood as Inspector Callahan, "you owe yourself to live a little, Harry." Besides, the money I spend won't be going to some $20+ million dollar per year NFL prima donna but rather to my alma mater who bestowed on me two degrees which helped me earn it.

Yes, I attended the BYU vs UCLA game at the Rose Bowl a few years ago.

I hope you get 50 yard line seats for the new Stadium, and that you treat a USD fan to same games. 

Guest #1Stunner
Just now, utenation said:

Stunner, I'm not being a smart ass here. You don't drink.. Period. It's hard for you to understand. Some people are there just to have a good time. 

I am not from Utah, nor have I ever lived in Utah except for a portion of my college.....

You seem to keep approaching this like I am from Utah/Provo, and have ZERO experience with bars and such.  Or that folks in my own group of friends and family are teatotalers...  Wrong.

I am simply agreeing with @Del Scorcho about the trend of new stadiums having separate lounges, bars and restaurants in the facilities.   I get a short visit at halftime.   But I don't know why people would want to be at a bar or restaurant DURING the game, as opposed to drinking a beer at their seat watching the game. 

But that's just me.   I get that some "fans" really don't care about the school or the game.

29 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

But I don't know why people would want to be at a bar or restaurant DURING the game, as opposed to drinking a beer at their seat watching the game. 

But that's just me.   I get that some "fans" really don't care about the school or the game.

Boxes/Lounges are for rich folks to mingle and sell things.