Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aztecjeff

Aztec Stadium Virtual Fly Through

Awesome!

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

1 hour ago, UofMTigers said:

just for comparison, this is drone footage of UABs new stadium under construction.

i like how much closer the seats are to the field than at CSU-Díego.

2 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

i like how much closer the seats are to the field than at CSU-Díego.

They're made the field sufficiently wide for soccer because they've taken on over $350 mil in debt and need an equity partner. After all San Diego is a CITY that loves its SOCCER. You might even call it a SOCCER CITY.  They've also made the seating bowl steeper because that's the preference of the SOCCER folks and built in the supports for a canopy because.... SOCCER.

It's going a very nice little stadium when complete with zero bench seating and amenities similar to Petco. 

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

4 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

They're made the field sufficiently wide for soccer because they've taken on over $350 mil in debt and need an equity partner. After all San Diego is a CITY that loves its SOCCER. You might even call it a SOCCER CITY.  They've also made the seating bowl steeper because that's the preference of the SOCCER folks and built in the supports for a canopy because.... SOCCER.

It's going a very nice little stadium when complete with zero bench seating and amenities similar to Petco. 

$350mm in debit to build a 1/2-half ass multipurpose stadium?

CSU-Diego should have built a football only building for $223mm 5-yrs-ago like the real CSU did.

5 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

Looks very nice to me.. Modern.. What is the capacity?

31 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

Yeah the seats are so far from the field, why all that space on the sidelines.  Might as well not build it if you are going to do it wrong.

Can you post the pics/links of UNLV’s new stadium? I’m sure they got the seating right.. 

11 minutes ago, utenation said:

Can you post the pics/links of UNLV’s new stadium? I’m sure they got the seating right.. 

I been to your Utard stadium, very nice High School type place.  Don't jump too hard on the bleacher seats or the whole place might fall down.  Nice for High School football.  Going forward, I am sure the PAC-12 wouldn't want to host any important events there.  Amateur hour bull$hit.

proper.stadium.seating.jpg.c23570fdfa040c19970b9c09cf59cabe.jpg

33 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

I been to your Utard stadium, very nice High School type place.  Don't jump too hard on the bleacher seats or the whole place might fall down.  Nice for High School football.  Going forward, I am sure the PAC-12 wouldn't want to host any important events there.  Amateur hour bull$hit.

proper.stadium.seating.jpg.c23570fdfa040c19970b9c09cf59cabe.jpg

Hmmm. I thought that  is the Raiders’ Stadium? Wasn’t the construction funded by public funds, NFL money and a $650 million loan taken out by the Raiders?

Isn’t UNLV just paying rent? I’m sure this stadium would have been built if The Raiders didn’t come to town.. UNLV has had 50 years to gain interest for a new stadium..... Interesting timing.. I guess.

And you’re right. Rice Eccles is a high school dump..

091C30C1-8B76-4545-BDFB-3E2763CD67FD.jpeg

B0CF18C9-21C2-4849-BFE5-0E03C218B9B4.jpeg

5 minutes ago, utenation said:

Hmmm. I thought that  is the Raiders’ Stadium? Wasn’t the construction funded by public funds, NFL money and a $650 million loan taken out by the Raiders?

Isn’t UNLV just paying rent? I’m sure this stadium would have been built if The Raiders didn’t come to town.. UNLV has had 50 years to gain interest for a new stadium..... Interesting timing.. I guess.

Wow is it possible to be wrong on every point?  Las Vegas Stadium Authority owns the stadium.  They pay UNLV to play in the stadium so that is the opposite of rent.

Now, back to your Utard high school stadium with the bleacher seats and the straight up stands where fans faint and die from nosebleeds.

Heard the PAC-12 was considering your Utard stadium for major Conference events!  Oh no, I didn't hear that.

6 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

LOL. UNLV fans crowing about the Raiders Stadium like it's their own is like me claiming because I rent a place with a value of over $2 million dollars that, I, in fact, have a $2 million dollar+ house.

That is where UNLV will be playing for the next 30 to 50 years so if that isn't our home, I would like to know what is?

That is where we play right by campus and overlooking the strip.  Lucky us.  Whole world fighting to get a chance to play there.  That is our home.

But you guys can crow about your high school stadiums and all the big time events you host for High school.

15 minutes ago, utenation said:

091C30C1-8B76-4545-BDFB-3E2763CD67FD.jpeg

B0CF18C9-21C2-4849-BFE5-0E03C218B9B4.jpeg

I have been to your high school stadium.  It is like a kids erector set.  Bleacher seats everywhere and the place feels like it will collapse if you jump too hard.  Your program is so popular I didnt even know you still had a team since you left the MWC.  Thanks for stopping by.

1 hour ago, utenation said:

Looks very nice to me.. Modern.. What is the capacity?

35,000 with the ability  to roll in another 5k for special events.  When its done it will be one of the nicest college stadiums in the country when you consider all of the amenities.  Just haviong all seats is huge in that regard.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

49 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

Wow is it possible to be wrong on every point?  Las Vegas Stadium Authority owns the stadium.  They pay UNLV to play in the stadium so that is the opposite of rent.

Now, back to your Utard high school stadium with the bleacher seats and the straight up stands where fans faint and die from nosebleeds.

Heard the PAC-12 was considering your Utard stadium for major Conference events!  Oh no, I didn't hear that.

Hmmm. The way I read the agreement, UNLV pays a rental fee to cover game day expenses but get to keep all their game day revenue. The Raiders agreed paying for UNLV’s field turf. 

So you’re saying UNLV doesn’t pay rent, gets to keep all their revenue and had the Raiders to pay for a field?  Seems fishy Rob..

It sounds like local politicians felt sorry for UNLV and since UNLV played in a dump they demanded that they get included in some type of subsidy agreement. 

Because we all know the demand for UNLV football was super high in Vegas and a 65k seat stadium was needed to supply that demand, even though UNLV fans will be 10K or less.

38 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

I love that stadium. I've been to a couple games there and have hung around that part of town countless times. Great setting and nice setup. The new renovations look great too.

Ever in SLC during football season, I’ll take ya again. My treat.