Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

R.I.P. DMX.

Glad I saw him live before he passed. One of the greats.

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

Ruff Ryders Anthem & Party Up are part of my senior year of HS soundtrack. His music made it much more fun.

#thathowruffrydersroll

#upinhereupinhere

51 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

At the revolution concert house?

We may have bumped into each other.

No, it was in Idaho Falls 2006. It was crazy that they came to the Civic Auditorium.

I've been through mad different phases like mazes to find my way
And now I know that happy days are not far away
If I'm strong enough I'll live long enough to see my kids
Doin' somethin' more constructive with their time than bids

Just hits different.  That dude went through the struggle, both by birth and by bringing it on to himself.  And his early records reflected it in a great way.

Also, his role in Belly was pretty dang good for a rookie performance by a not-actor.

13 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Just hits different.  That dude went through the struggle, both by birth and by bringing it on to himself.  And his early records reflected it in a great way.

Also, his role in Belly was pretty dang good for a rookie performance by a not-actor.

I forgot he was in Belly. Been so long.

22 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Yep.  Dude was dealt a shit hand, made something of himself, but the demons plagued him.  The way he acknowledged them and fought them and did not shy away from the public in detailing them was laudable.