Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Today's witnesses continued to shoot more holes into the defenses position that it could have been an OD or heart attack.  Just pilling on from yesterday.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope Chauvin is found guilty of all charges

I hope he spends the rest of his life behind bars

And I hope he fully makes sense of the depth of his crime. Legalistic terms be damned, he murdered George Floyd. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Fuuuuuuu

 

The judge is a dumb shit for not sequestering the jury where they wouldn’t be hearing anything from the outside. Plus this trial only went two weeks where some jurors in these high profile cases get sequestered for months. Then he makes this comment. 🙄

https://nypost.com/2021/04/19/judge-in-chauvin-trial-says-waters-comments-could-lead-to-appeal/

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

The judge is a dumb shit for not sequestering the jury where they wouldn’t be hearing anything from the outside. Plus this trial only went two weeks where some jurors in these high profile cases get sequestered for months. Then he makes this comment. 🙄

https://nypost.com/2021/04/19/judge-in-chauvin-trial-says-waters-comments-could-lead-to-appeal/

 

You're kind of living in the past.  Jury sequestering is dying out - even in high profile cases.  There are a lot of issues articulated in just this one 2017 article (Bill Cosby trial).  

https://www.thecut.com/2017/06/sequestered-jury-psychological-toll-cosby-trial.html

Think of the "withdrawals" a sequestered juror has to go through nowadays.  Not only with family, but with all social media and, especially, their smartphone.  Sounds silly, but you try going 3, 4, 5 weeks without that (let alone being around family).  Good luck with that one.  Like it or not, we ALL probably have pretty much become addicted to our phones these days.  Simply not being able to talk to daily and friends or stay current on some news, etc., would make me go bat-shit crazy myself.  Plus, I'd probably want to "murder" the dopes that voted differently than me!!!  

Anyway, in the Chauvin trial, the jury has been subject to partial sequestration throughout.  Now that deliberations are underway, they will be fully sequestered for the balance of their time...  

Link to post
Share on other sites

If they find this guy not guilty, that’ll be the last straw. I suggest taking in your favorite architecture this week. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Maxine Waters is an idiot and Chauvin is guilty. 
 

I’m claustrophobic so I get why Floyd struggled when they tried to put him in the car. He thanked Chauvin for taking him out of the car. Chauvin then proceeded to murder him while Floyd pleaded for his life and mercy.  Terrible tragedy. I still don’t think it had anything to do with Floyd’s race though. Chauvin was just a bully. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

If they find this guy not guilty, that’ll be the last straw. I suggest taking in your favorite architecture this week. 

This is true. Downtown SF is totally boarded up right now and Oakland has been the site of intermittent rioting over the last several days. I'm really rooting for them to hang a charge on this prick so I can go buy art this weekend instead of worrying about dodging flaming projectiles.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

This is true. Downtown SF is totally boarded up right now and Oakland has been the site of intermittent rioting over the last several days. I'm really rooting for them to hang a charge on this prick so I can go buy art this weekend instead of worrying about dodging flaming projectiles.

I miss SF/Oakland. I used to hang out until 2/3 am,  sleep for a couple hours, work all day, go home and take a nap, and then wake up and do it all over again. I live in a quiet suburb now, and staying up past 10:30 is sort of pointless. 

  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

I miss SF/Oakland. I used to hang out until 2/3 am,  sleep for a couple hours, work all day, go home and take a nap, and then wake up and do it all over again. I live in a quiet suburb now, and staying up past 10:30 is sort of pointless. 

It's the most magical city in the US. I spend many days/nights doing just what you describe there. Fewer things make me smile more than riding the bus back from Ocean Beach at some heinously late hour, too twisted to swipe my Clipper card, and thoroughly entertained that I'm not the most +++++ed up one in the vehicle...the suburbs are a drag after this place, I'm sure. There's magic going on everywhere at every hour. Some of it good, some of it bad, but all magical nonetheless.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Using individual criminal cases as referendums on national issues like police reform is bad. 

I'm glad most of the Mexicans and Central Americans in my town don't give two shits about this case. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...