Jump to content

Recommended Posts

My guess is the judge denies the motion, probably after interviewing the juror, and then Chauvin’s attorney will appeal. Who knows what the appeals court will do. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, happycamper said:

Bob's the single most conservative member of this board that has a decent diversity of conservative voices. He's consistently been the only one voicing support for

  • The January 6th coup attempt
  • The Big Lie
  • Science denial
  • A police state
  • virulently anti-gay and anti-trans

In addition, he's voiced support for

  • a golden history to return to 
  • devaluing intellectual criticism
  • constantly voices disgust at the Other - immigrants, gay people, trans people, Californians

 

He does not. 

I'm not big into the "my geographical boundaries >>> your geographical boundaries" stuff anymore. But if I was, I'd say Bob is spot on, about Californians, as an objective son of the Golden West.

You seem to know as much about Bob as I know about that other subject we were discussing today #observation

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, happycamper said:

THANKS BOARD NAZI !! !! !! !! !! !!

What are you talking about??? Back in Stockton, over four decades ago, he had "Mexican" friends!! Of course he omits the part that they are also the reason he left for ID. (And hasn't had one as a friend since.)

Link to post
Share on other sites

All those Floyd protests he could have went to, and instead he went to MLK instead?  Could it be he didn't lie?  Or are we fine with conflating everything all together as the worst possible option, because I thought that wasn't cool to do just a few months ago?  Or is it all good again?  :whistle:

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

All those Floyd protests he could have went to, and instead he went to MLK instead?  Could it be he didn't lie?  Or are we fine with conflating everything all together as the worst possible option, because I thought that wasn't cool to do just a few months ago?  Or is it all good again?  :whistle:

The get your knee off our necks shirt is pretty on the nose.

Brandon-Mitchell-At-Washington-DC-Rally.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

The get your knee off our necks shirt is pretty on the nose.

Brandon-Mitchell-At-Washington-DC-Rally.

Who says that’s referencing Floyd? 
 

Good luck on your appeal.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

My appeal? Did I do something wrong?

plenty!

 

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

My appeal? Did I do something wrong?

I thought he meant you need to be more appealing.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, youngredbullfan said:

Who says that’s referencing Floyd? 
 

Good luck on your appeal.

Are you comfortable saying chauvin got a fair trial?

The entire process, including statements by waters and bidum, was a cluster phuck, but probably not enough of one to win an appeal.

A lying juror definitely moves the needle in DC's favor in regards to him getting a new trial.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Are you comfortable saying chauvin got a fair trial?

The entire process, including statements by waters and bidum, was a cluster phuck, but probably not enough of one to win an appeal.

A lying juror definitely moves the needle in DC's favor in regards to him getting a new trial.  

I think he got a fair trail, even though I acknowledge the judge could end up ruling this a mistrial. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

All those Floyd protests he could have went to, and instead he went to MLK instead?  Could it be he didn't lie?  Or are we fine with conflating everything all together as the worst possible option, because I thought that wasn't cool to do just a few months ago?  Or is it all good again?  :whistle:

 

George Floyd's family lead the march my dude.  Al Sharpton said when announcing  the march it was about policing.

I mean come on.  You have to do mental backflips to think this march was not about Floyd or policing.  The juror was clearly less than forthcoming.  He has also been on interviews where he has stated being a juror was a chance to make social/societal change...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

 

George Floyd's family lead the march my dude.  Al Sharpton said when announcing  the march it was about policing.

I mean come on.  You have to do mental backflips to think this march was not about Floyd or policing.  The juror was clearly less than forthcoming.  He has also been on interviews where he has stated being a juror was a chance to make social/societal change...

Ah, okay.  I only read the linked article.  Chauvin should get his fair shake, even though he eliminated George's right to have his.  America, gotta love it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

 

George Floyd's family lead the march my dude.  Al Sharpton said when announcing  the march it was about policing.

I mean come on.  You have to do mental backflips to think this march was not about Floyd or policing.  The juror was clearly less than forthcoming.  He has also been on interviews where he has stated being a juror was a chance to make social/societal change...

Yeah, the dude lied. I still would say he probably got a fair trial as any though. Literally every jury is filled with morons (because many of our peers are morons). And people will choose that group of morons over a bench trial every day of the week.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Ah, okay.  I only read the linked article.  Chauvin should get his fair shake, even though he eliminated George's right to have his.  America, gotta love it.

Why is this dude any different than McVeigh ,Tsarnaev, or Desai when it comes to getting a fair and impartial jury? All those guys did a lot more heinous crap (on a sliding shithead scale of course). Just because he was a police officer it’s like he doesn’t deserve the most basic rights to a fair trial. The hypocrisy is just oozing with your statement. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KayakArmada said:

Why is this dude any different than McVeigh ,Tsarnaev, or Desai when it comes to getting a fair and impartial jury? All those guys did a lot more heinous crap (on a sliding shithead scale of course). Just because he was a police officer it’s like he doesn’t deserve the most basic rights to a fair trial. The hypocrisy is just oozing with your statement. 

What the hell are you talking about?  I literally just said he deserves a fair shake.  Even though the coward couldn't treat others the same way.  Please just tell us you are @Rebelbackerand end the charade.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Ah, okay.  I only read the linked article.  Chauvin should get his fair shake, even though he eliminated George's right to have his.  America, gotta love it.

Chauvin is  murdering ass +++++, as was clearly laid out in trial.  This juror going on a media blitz to catch fame, after lying to each of the two questions, should be publicly castrated.  Seriously fuuuuuuuuck this dude.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Chauvin is  murdering ass +++++, as was clearly laid out in trial.  This juror going on a media blitz to catch fame, after lying to each of the two questions, should be publicly castrated.  Seriously fuuuuuuuuck this dude.

 

 

That juror rubbed me the wrong way when he came out with public statements almost immediately after the verdict; my first impression was he was clout chasing trying to build up a social media presence. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...