Guest #1Stunner
1 minute ago, soupslam1 said:

Nancy please sacrifice for us and retire.

I respect that she likes ice cream.

But that's about it with her.

Jenis-Ice-Cream-Pelosi-2.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Guest #1Stunner

Anyone think there could still be some riots or looting tonight.

I mean, people had to be gearing up, just in case.  Now, nothing....

I know @madmartigan said he is disappointed that he can't riot in Montpelier. 

I guess we'll see. 

Guest #1Stunner
20 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

My guess - 12.5 years, will be out on parole after 8.

I'm not sure if people would be OK with this.

12.5 years?    For murder?

1 hour ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

This is obviously the right call, but I find celebrating it to be in poor taste. That it took the most clear and obvious case of police murder possible to finally send the message that cops can’t just kill people because they want to is honestly pathetic. There have been ample opportunities to fix this going back to Rodney king and we’ve collectively chosen to look the other way. Convict those cops and Derek Chauvin never makes the news. I just feel like celebrating this is like a dog wagging his tail because you threw him a bone. It’s nothing. George Floyd is still dead. Tamir rice, Sandra bland, kalief browder - all still dead. I’ll celebrate when qualified immunity gets abolished, police demilitarize, the prison industrial complex goes away, etc etc etc. a murderer going to prison is what’s supposed to happen. You don’t celebrate the light turning on when you flick the switch. 

It’s likely there is going to be more laissez faire policing, particularly in black communities, which brings its own set of problems. 

5 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Yeah, that's what most in his situation get.  Funny that the same people who say penalties are too tough for most people will probably say that Chauvin deserves life for this.  But in reality he has no other criminal history and is a low likelihood to re-offend.

12.5 years is the same sentence Officer Noor got.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Justine_Damond

Guest #1Stunner
43 minutes ago, MetropolitanCowboy said:

I'm partial to Jim's for fry sauce myself. 

40 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Friend, 

That's hot dog sauce, not fry sauce.   I guess it could work for corn dogs too. 

a7609855e54cba3fa96b7edb3fc2f904.jpg

15 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Anyone think there could still be some riots or looting tonight.

I mean, people had to be gearing up, just in case.  Now, nothing....

I know @madmartigan said he is disappointed that he can't riot in Montpelier. 

I guess we'll see. 

I will still be rioting to steal all the fry sauce 

• Cheers 2
Just now, youngredbullfan said:

The original Floyd incident report 

Cops are such fcking liars

It’s been my experience that the only people who lie more than cops are politicians and AAC fans.

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

The sentencing guidelines call for 12.5 years for each murder count and 10 years for the manslaughter iirc. The prosecutors are asking for more of course. I think he’ll be doing some serious time for sure. 

Guest #1Stunner
2 minutes ago, youngredbullfan said:

The original Floyd incident report 

Fcking liars

Body Cameras will make it so that they can't withhold relevant facts or lie as easily.

Hell....in general security cameras have ended a lot of crimes (and also neighborhood toilet papering). 

21 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Yeah, that's what most in his situation get.  Funny that the same people who say penalties are too tough for most people will probably say that Chauvin deserves life for this.  But in reality he has no other criminal history and is a low likelihood to re-offend.

12.5 years is the same sentence Officer Noor got.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Justine_Damond

Only because he’s a pig and has been protected!  Really think this is his first crime?  If u do can i have what ur smoking

12 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Body Cameras will make it so that they can't withhold relevant facts or lie as easily.

Hell....in general security cameras have ended a lot of crimes (and also neighborhood toilet papering). 

Wow. Can u share this with convict and bob

Guest #1Stunner
2 minutes ago, Nevada6077 said:

Wow. Can u share this with convict and bob

Share it with convict?    I'm not following...

With regard to Bob, sure.

@Bob This guy @Nevada6077 wants me to share the above post with you.

Meanwhile the mayor, police chief, union leaders and DA/AG, that were privy to Chauvin’s previous bad conduct reports and allowed him to stay on the job, skate free. Where’s the accountability? 

• Like 1
Guest #1Stunner
1 minute ago, soupslam1 said:

Meanwhile the mayor, police chief, union leaders and DA/AG, that were privy to Chauvin’s previous bad conduct reports and allowed him to stay on the job, skate free. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derek_Chauvin#Career

A problem with Unions sometimes....they protect even the bad apples.

Career

Chauvin joined the Minneapolis Police Department in 2001.[16][20] He had been involved in three police shootings, one of which was fatal.[20][21][22][23] He received a medal for valor in 2006 for being one of several officers who fired on a suspect who pointed a shotgun at them, and another in 2008 for a domestic-violence incident in which he broke down a door and shot a suspect who reached for his pistol.[24][25] He received a commendation medal in 2008 after he and his partner tackled a fleeing suspect holding a pistol. He received a commendation medal in 2009 after working off-duty as a security guard for a nightclub.[19]

Misconduct complaints

Chauvin had 18 complaints on his official record, two of which ended in discipline, including official letters of reprimand.[26] According to the former owner of El Nuevo Rodeo, a Latin nightclub, Chauvin had worked there off duty as security while George Floyd was also working as security, but was not certain whether they knew each other.[27][28] The owner has been critical of Chauvin since his arrest, describing Chauvin's tactics as "overkill" and saying "Chauvin was unnecessarily aggressive on nights when the club had a black clientele, quelling fights by dousing the crowd with pepper spray and calling in several police squad cars as backup".[19][29]

2 hours ago, modestobulldog said:

Why the double standard? If a murder occurs during a bank robbery, can't the driver get murder charges even though all he did was drive the getaway car?

The driver is convicted under what's referred to as the felony murder rule. Not gonna bother explaining as I'm sure there's a wikipedia page just about that.

Definitely no double standard for Chauvin and the other two officers, particularly Lane. Unless I find out something I don't already know, I don't think that guy should be convicted of any crime. Not even sure he should be fired but having watched the Minneapolis chief of police on 60 Minutes, you can bet your mortgage he's going to fire Lane even after Lane is acquitted.

Hey Chauvin: Time to start practicing bending over with your ass against a wall.