Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Chauvin trial.

27 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

Bullet points on a message board...

AFE44457-CBAC-4C0D-A588-C668DA385A6D.gif

you want unorganized rambling, go to twitter

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

2 hours ago, KayakArmada said:

I don’t think anyone here, republican or otherwise are arguing that Chauvin is not guilty of a crime. I think what lawlor and others are arguing is that everyone (even the worst of the worst of humanity) is granted their due process under the 6th amendment. If we just throw judicial process to the wind, we will begin pulling on the threads of what we know as a free democracy.

Republicans and democrats can argue all day long on the 1st and 2nd amendment. Everyone on both sides of the aisle should be firm believers of the 6th amendment.

There’s also nothing that says a person can’t march in a protest and still take their duty seriously and be an objective juror. But you can’t lie about it to the court. I guarantee nobody is more pissed off about this than the D.A.’s office. 

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

My guess is the judge denies the motion, probably after interviewing the juror, and then Chauvin’s attorney will appeal. Who knows what the appeals court will do. 

2 hours ago, happycamper said:

Bob's the single most conservative member of this board that has a decent diversity of conservative voices. He's consistently been the only one voicing support for

• The January 6th coup attempt
  • The Big Lie
  • Science denial
  • A police state
  • virulently anti-gay and anti-trans

In addition, he's voiced support for

• a golden history to return to 
  • devaluing intellectual criticism
  • constantly voices disgust at the Other - immigrants, gay people, trans people, Californians

He does not. 

I'm not big into the "my geographical boundaries >>> your geographical boundaries" stuff anymore. But if I was, I'd say Bob is spot on, about Californians, as an objective son of the Golden West.

You seem to know as much about Bob as I know about that other subject we were discussing today #observation

ezgif-5-959914ff2250.gif.f0cc4fc558f5a154dc6ff5904c80bf34.gif

2 hours ago, happycamper said:

THANKS BOARD NAZI !! !! !! !! !! !!

What are you talking about??? Back in Stockton, over four decades ago, he had "Mexican" friends!! Of course he omits the part that they are also the reason he left for ID. (And hasn't had one as a friend since.)

All those Floyd protests he could have went to, and instead he went to MLK instead?  Could it be he didn't lie?  Or are we fine with conflating everything all together as the worst possible option, because I thought that wasn't cool to do just a few months ago?  Or is it all good again?  :whistle:

18 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

All those Floyd protests he could have went to, and instead he went to MLK instead?  Could it be he didn't lie?  Or are we fine with conflating everything all together as the worst possible option, because I thought that wasn't cool to do just a few months ago?  Or is it all good again?  :whistle:

The get your knee off our necks shirt is pretty on the nose.

Brandon-Mitchell-At-Washington-DC-Rally.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

3 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

The get your knee off our necks shirt is pretty on the nose.

Brandon-Mitchell-At-Washington-DC-Rally.

Who says that’s referencing Floyd? 

Good luck on your appeal.

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

17 minutes ago, youngredbullfan said:

My appeal? Did I do something wrong?

12 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

My appeal? Did I do something wrong?

I thought he meant you need to be more appealing.  

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

1 hour ago, youngredbullfan said:

Are you comfortable saying chauvin got a fair trial?

The entire process, including statements by waters and bidum, was a cluster phuck, but probably not enough of one to win an appeal.

A lying juror definitely moves the needle in DC's favor in regards to him getting a new trial.  

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

19 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Are you comfortable saying chauvin got a fair trial?

The entire process, including statements by waters and bidum, was a cluster phuck, but probably not enough of one to win an appeal.

A lying juror definitely moves the needle in DC's favor in regards to him getting a new trial.  

I think he got a fair trail, even though I acknowledge the judge could end up ruling this a mistrial. 

3 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

George Floyd's family lead the march my dude.  Al Sharpton said when announcing  the march it was about policing.

I mean come on.  You have to do mental backflips to think this march was not about Floyd or policing.  The juror was clearly less than forthcoming.  He has also been on interviews where he has stated being a juror was a chance to make social/societal change...

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

George Floyd's family lead the march my dude.  Al Sharpton said when announcing  the march it was about policing.

I mean come on.  You have to do mental backflips to think this march was not about Floyd or policing.  The juror was clearly less than forthcoming.  He has also been on interviews where he has stated being a juror was a chance to make social/societal change...

Ah, okay.  I only read the linked article.  Chauvin should get his fair shake, even though he eliminated George's right to have his.  America, gotta love it.

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Yeah, the dude lied. I still would say he probably got a fair trial as any though. Literally every jury is filled with morons (because many of our peers are morons). And people will choose that group of morons over a bench trial every day of the week.

6 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Ah, okay.  I only read the linked article.  Chauvin should get his fair shake, even though he eliminated George's right to have his.  America, gotta love it.

Why is this dude any different than McVeigh ,Tsarnaev, or Desai when it comes to getting a fair and impartial jury? All those guys did a lot more heinous crap (on a sliding shithead scale of course). Just because he was a police officer it’s like he doesn’t deserve the most basic rights to a fair trial. The hypocrisy is just oozing with your statement. 

1 minute ago, KayakArmada said:

Why is this dude any different than McVeigh ,Tsarnaev, or Desai when it comes to getting a fair and impartial jury? All those guys did a lot more heinous crap (on a sliding shithead scale of course). Just because he was a police officer it’s like he doesn’t deserve the most basic rights to a fair trial. The hypocrisy is just oozing with your statement. 

What the hell are you talking about?  I literally just said he deserves a fair shake.  Even though the coward couldn't treat others the same way.  Please just tell us you are @Rebelbackerand end the charade.