Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Chauvin trial.

3 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

If the getaway driver had no idea he was about to be involved in robbing a bank and then tried to get the guy to stop or not get back in the car but couldn't, no, I don't think they should.

Good point.

110926run_defense710.jpg

1 minute ago, modestobulldog said:

I don't agree either. However, there should be some upcharge. Not sure exactly how that would work, but the upcharge shouldn't be murder.

Agree - so a guy drives a car.........the other guy gets out, goes & robs a store & shoots 4 people, shooter comes running out & driver might not even know what the heck happened 

2 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Agree - so a guy drives a car.........the other guy gets out, goes & robs a store & shoots 4 people, shooter comes running out & driver might not even know what the heck happened 

Sorry, ECA provided some good insight. If you are driving with somebody, they get out and go into a mini market, Rob the place without your knowledge, and you drive off you shouldn't be charged with anything. This most closely resembles the actions of the other officers. None of them were at the scene to commit a crime.

110926run_defense710.jpg

Just now, modestobulldog said:

Sorry, ECA provided some good insight. If you are driving with somebody, they get out and go into a mini market, Rob the place without your knowledge, and you drive off you shouldn't be charged with anything. This most closely resembles the actions of the other officers. None of them were at the scene to commit a crime.

Think if a robber used an UBER or LYFT driver as his getaway :blink:

1 minute ago, modestobulldog said:

Yes and no.  In their case they saw what happened and didn’t intervene.  They were trainees so it is a harder call.   

7 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Yes and no.  In their case they saw what happened and didn’t intervene.  They were trainees so it is a harder call.   

I agree it is problematic.

110926run_defense710.jpg

This is obviously the right call, but I find celebrating it to be in poor taste. That it took the most clear and obvious case of police murder possible to finally send the message that cops can’t just kill people because they want to is honestly pathetic. There have been ample opportunities to fix this going back to Rodney king and we’ve collectively chosen to look the other way. Convict those cops and Derek Chauvin never makes the news. I just feel like celebrating this is like a dog wagging his tail because you threw him a bone. It’s nothing. George Floyd is still dead. Tamir rice, Sandra bland, kalief browder - all still dead. I’ll celebrate when qualified immunity gets abolished, police demilitarize, the prison industrial complex goes away, etc etc etc. a murderer going to prison is what’s supposed to happen. You don’t celebrate the light turning on when you flick the switch. 

1 minute ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

This is obviously the right call, but I find celebrating it to be in poor taste. That it took the most clear and obvious case of police murder possible to finally send the message that cops can’t just kill people because they want to is honestly pathetic. There have been ample opportunities to fix this going back to Rodney king and we’ve collectively chosen to look the other way. Convict those cops and Derek Chauvin never makes the news. I just feel like celebrating this is like a dog wagging his tail because you threw him a bone. It’s nothing. George Floyd is still dead. Tamir rice, Sandra bland, kalief browder - all still dead. I’ll celebrate when qualified immunity gets abolished, police demilitarize, the prison industrial complex goes away, etc etc etc. a murderer going to prison is what’s supposed to happen. You don’t celebrate the light turning on when you flick the switch. 

I'm mostly upset that I won't get to riot. @BSUTOP25had a diner in Montpelier, Idaho with the best fry sauce chosen to pillage for the delicious sauce. @halfmanhalfbroncocould you send me some fry sauce? 

Seriously though, you are spot on with these points. Getting rid of for profit prisons would be a good start. So much to fix in this country. I have a massive package. I'm glad justice was served today. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

30 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Umm, Nancy..............not good wording here :o :blink:

yikes

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

5 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Mayor of Minneapolis says “hold my beer”

Pelosi’s was far worse IMO

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

Guest #1Stunner
29 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

I'm mostly upset that I won't get to riot. @BSUTOP25had a diner in Montpelier, Idaho with the best fry sauce chosen to pillage for the delicious sauce. @halfmanhalfbroncocould you send me some fry sauce? 

Seriously though, you are spot on with these points. Getting rid of for profit prisons would be a good start. So much to fix in this country. I have a massive package. I'm glad justice was served today. 

Best fry sauce in Montpelier? 

They must have made a run to Garden City, Utah to get the genuine article..... The Utah Original .

Guest #1Stunner
3 minutes ago, MetropolitanCowboy said:

I'm partial to Jim's for fry sauce myself. 

Friend, 

That's hot dog sauce, not fry sauce.   I guess it could work for corn dogs too. 

a7609855e54cba3fa96b7edb3fc2f904.jpg

poledog1.jpg