Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Chauvin trial.

5 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Justice has been served.

Excellent news. This is the best result for our country. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

2 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Same. Just because they were party to his antics doesn't mean they're equally culpable IMO, especially considering the disparity in rank and experience there.

Why the double standard? If a murder occurs during a bank robbery, can't the driver get murder charges even though all he did was drive the getaway car?

110926run_defense710.jpg

Hopefully the judge listens to the prosecution at sentencing and puts him in prison for decades

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

25 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

Can you be convicted of both manslaughter and murder? I don't know if you can. 

Yes, but at sentencing they will probably ignore the lesser charge.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

Maxine Waters should be handcuffed for obstruction of justice. This case is going to be appealed quickly. It's going to drag on, it likely will get him off on some of the charges.

110926run_defense710.jpg

2 minutes ago, youngredbullfan said:

Hopefully the judge listens to the prosecution at sentencing and puts him in prison for decades

He better practice stretching certain parts of his anatomy. They are not kind to cops in prison. 

3 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

Why the double standard? If a murder occurs during a bank robbery, can't the driver get murder charges even though all he did was drive the getaway car?

Yes, but both rookies questioned if this was appropriate, with one asking Chauvin to get off, but Chauvin as the training officer refused.  Both were extremely green, with one being a week into the job.

16 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

This is true. Downtown SF is totally boarded up right now and Oakland has been the site of intermittent rioting over the last several days. I'm really rooting for them to hang a charge on this prick so I can go buy art this weekend instead of worrying about dodging flaming projectiles.

Guilty on all counts. Enjoy your nice, peaceful stroll through The Castro

(totally guessing on what the trendy, artsy neighborhood is in SF. Have a buddy who worked in Castro and seemed a like a cool little area)

1 minute ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Yes, but at sentencing they will probably ignore the lesser charge.

Yea I guess that answered my question. I don't know the vagaries of the state laws, but it seems to me that intent is the key in the differences in the charges between murder and manslaughter. Seems weird to convict on both. But maybe the wording allows for it. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

4 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

I know some people on this board did not like AG Barr, but he rejected the plea deal for a third degree murder.

This was the state prosecution, not the feds.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

3 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

Maxine Waters should be handcuffed for obstruction of justice. This case is going to be appealed quickly. It's going to drag on, it likely will get him off on some of the charges.

Keep dreaming buddy

3 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

He better practice stretching certain parts of his anatomy. They are not kind to cops in prison. 

He'll be in protective custody his entire stay in jail and prison

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.