Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

They're coming for the guns... Biden Asking for Orders

6 minutes ago, toonkee said:

That doesn't answer any of the tough questions about the myriad negatives of gun proliferation. 

"The bible says so!" 

Just acknowledge that 400 million guns in the US creates some downsides.

Sure.  We need another 50 million in the hands of marginalized groups to help off set that.  Looks like that will happen.

1 minute ago, NevadaFan said:

What other products are protected against lawsuits as to not make them more expensive?    

Gun manufacturers are not protected against lawsuits.  They get sued when the gun malfunctions etc...

Subaru is protected from lawsuits when somebody uses the car in an inappropriate way.  Smirnoff can't be sued because somebody died from alcohol poisoning.

4 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

If they support gun laws that make it harder for lower income people to have a right to self defense, yep they sure would be.  Even if not knowingly.

If only our inner cities were flooded with guns, they'd be paradises

Maybe the law should be going forward..............to buy the gun, not only a background check.............but you need to pass a course in gun safety & how to shoot, target & know how it works before you actually get the gun

For the fiscal hawks on here, how much does the medical, emotional & civic costs of idiotic gun incidents cost cities, counties & states in a year - has to be billions of $$ 

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Gun manufacturers are not protected against lawsuits.  They get sued when the gun malfunctions etc...

Subaru is protected from lawsuits when somebody uses the car in an inappropriate way.  Smirnoff can't be sued because somebody died from alcohol poisoning.

Then what is Biden changing? 

I think it’s political suicide (no pun intended) to go after meaningful gun legislation. Although the right always says the government is taking their guns anyway so...

Just now, NevadaFan said:

I think it’s political suicide (no pun intended) to go after meaningful gun legislation. Although the right always says the government is taking their guns anyway so...

Think there's more people that are FOR some gun control (including lots of gun owners) - The loudest are the gun fetishists that scream like they were blasted with a shotgun anytime anyone mentions "be safe with that gun" 

1 minute ago, UNLV2001 said:

Maybe the law should be going forward..............to buy the gun, not only a background check.............but you need to pass a course in gun safety & how to shoot, target & know how it works before you actually get the gun

For the fiscal hawks on here, how much does the medical, emotional & civic costs of idiotic gun incidents cost cities, counties & states in a year - has to be billions of $$ 

That's what I have said multiple times, in countless threads.  I even go further.

First time gun buyers must go through a free but mandatory mental health screening.

First time gun buyers must go through a free but mandatory safety class.

First time buyers of "assault" weapons must do it all again.

Streamlined national expansive background checks.

Probably, if we could adjust for racial inequity.  

That should be easy!

I'd love to look into ways of solving racial and income equality, but in the meantime I also can't help but notice that our inner cities seem to have no shortage of firearms, yet still seem to have lost of murders, sex crime, and police abuses

2 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

Nothing yet, it's the rhetoric of making it so gun manufacturers can be sued if the guns are used to commit a crime that is dangerous.  That is a cost that would be passed onto the consumer, making gun ownership really just a rich mans game.  That's not right.

I agree, I doubt he would ever get it to pass, but him saying that is the one goal he wants to accomplish above anything else, is what is driving the discussion on it.  It's a dumb goal.

That's what I have said multiple times, in countless threads.  I even go further.

First time gun buyers must go through a free but mandatory mental health screening.

First time gun buyers must go through a free but mandatory safety class.

First time buyers of "assault" weapons must do it all again.

Streamlined national expansive background checks.

Sounds reasonable except for the "FREE" part .......if ya can afford the gun you can afford the classes 

Just now, sebasour said:

That should be easy!

I'd love to look into ways of solving racial and income equality, but in the meantime I also can't help but notice that our inner cities seem to have no shortage of firearms, yet still seem to have lost of murders, sex crime, and police abuses

Actually, there is a shortage of firearms in inner cities.  Legal gun ownership lags, significantly.  Too many of the guns owned, are owned by people who should not own guns.

8 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Homicide and suicide rates in Australia are back up to where they were before their fascist gun laws.  Who could have seen that coming??!?!?!

Seems to have been  on a steady decline since 1996. The most recent murder rate numbers I could find (2018) are half of what they were in 96