Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

They're coming for the guns... Biden Asking for Orders

2 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

Worked with an Indian-American girl once, and learned some interesting cultural views... (she was born in the States...her parents in India)

First, she essentially said her parents were racists.  That's because they only approved of her dating and marrying either (1) a white guy, or (2) an Indian guy.   They strongly were against Black and Latino men.

Second, the guy she dated had to have a certain career for her parents approval.   She was dating a guy who was in the Air Force, who obviously had his life together.  But her parents did not like the guy because they thought his career wasn't good enough.

Third, she said her parents only allowed her to be a doctor, lawyer, or scientist---a huge stereotype, I know, but that's what she said.   She planned to be a doctor eventually.

It was a generational thing.  I doubt her kids will have the same views, and it will eventually be lost I guess. 

Ha. Dude, we suck at racism compared to most Indians. 

Indians have a very conservative family structure for the most part with a strong lean to orthodoxy.

True Story: I met my wife while living and working in India. We ran into each other in the middle of downtown Bangalore - she worked for an event management company, and I have a weakness for hot women. She actually approached me, on a dare from her friend/coworker. Being the sucker I am for a pretty face, I bought what she was selling and called her office a couple days later to ask her out to lunch. I'm a true romantic, and the very first time I sat across a table from her, I knew she was the person I was supposed to marry (it took me years to understand why). :)

I then set out to woo her, which took a little effort - no one in the family was prepared for one of their own to marry a non-Brahmin, let alone a non-Hindu, let alone a non-Indian, let a lone white boy. I sought - and received - her parents' blessings, even though it created quite a bit of bad blood and hardships within their family for the aforementioned reasons. 

But yes, Indians skew towards hella racist - forget caste-based discrimination... both my wife and her sister used to bleach their skin as a child so as to appear farer in complexion. And if I had a rupee for every time I've heard an Indian Hindu talk shit about Muslims, I'd have a lot more rupees than I do now.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

2 minutes ago, sebasour said:

Don't women support gun control far more than men do?

Yes 69% compared to 47% or so.

And for the record, I am in favor of gun reform.  The right gun reform. So I would be in the 47% group of men that do.

11 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Seems you are talking about different things.  He is talking about arriving in America for prolonged stay from Latin America, not the other way around.

You're right - thanks. I glossed over it and totally read it wrong.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

2 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

What about "criminal saw I was armed so fled"?  I would wager those types of gun defense dwarf the gun ever being discharged.

Sorry guy, I really don't need every jackball with a gun to think he/she is a hero & start blasting away in a public setting - most of these gun toters probably couldn't hit anything in a fast moving situation & moving targets 

5 minutes ago, sebasour said:

Don't women support gun control far more than men do?

I know you love creating the image of a women buying a fire arm and defending herself from a rapist, but it seems more likely that the women is going to have a boyfriend who thinks he's a responsible gun owner, and then uses it on her one day when they get in an argument

I want women who wish to feel empowered and safe buy purchasing a gun to be able to do so.  Seems many agree, given the rise in female gun ownership lately.

Guns are super hot in the trans community as well.

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Yes 69% compared to 47% or so.

And for the record, I am in favor of gun reform.  The right gun reform. So I would be in the 47% group of men that do.

Ah, well I'm assuming most of those 69% support the exact same type of gun control as you do, otherwise they'd be racists who are pro rape

Just now, UNLV2001 said:

Sorry guy, I really don't need every jackball with a gun to think he/she is a hero & start blasting away in a public setting - most of these gun toters probably couldn't hit anything in a fast moving situation & moving targets 

I'm not your guy, friend.

Good thing that really does not happen, huh?  Again, the overwhelming majority of self defense with a gun never involves the gun being fired.

Guest #1Stunner
2 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Ha. Dude, we suck at racism compared to most Indians. 

Indians have a very conservative family structure for the most part with a strong lean to orthodoxy.

True Story: I met my wife while living and working in India. We ran into each other in the middle of downtown Bangalore - she worked for an event management company, and I have a weakness for hot women. She actually approached me, on a dare from her friend/coworker. Being the sucker I am for a pretty face, I bought what she was selling and called her office a couple days later to ask her out to lunch. I'm a true romantic, and the very first time I sat across a table from her, I knew she was the person I was supposed to marry (it took me years to understand why). :)

I then set out to woo her, which took a little effort - no one in the family was prepared for one of their own to marry a non-Brahmin, let alone a non-Hindu, let alone a non-Indian, let a lone white boy. I sought - and received - her parents' blessings, even though it created quite a bit of bad blood and hardships within their family for the aforementioned reasons. 

But yes, Indians skew towards hella racist - forget caste-based discrimination... both my wife and her sister used to bleach their skin as a child so as to appear farer in complexion. And if I had a rupee for every time I've heard an Indian Hindu talk shit about Muslims, I'd have a lot more rupees than I do now.

Cool marriage story.   Sounds meant to be.

Yes, your story sounds similar to what my co-worker friend shared (though she was American).

America is mostly a very tolerant country compared to most of the world. 

1 minute ago, sebasour said:

Ah, well I'm assuming most of those 69% support the exact same type of gun control as you do, otherwise they'd be racists who are pro rape

If they support gun laws that make it harder for lower income people to have a right to self defense, yep they sure would be.  Even if not knowingly.

Just now, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I'm not your guy, friend.

Good thing that really does not happen, huh?  Again, the overwhelming majority of self defense with a gun never involves the gun being fired.

So just packing a gun stops people from criminal activity ??

Saw an open carry guy in Lowe's last weekend - seems he's advertising to the the first victim is someone wanted to screw with him 

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I want women who wish to feel empowered and safe buy purchasing a gun to be able to do so.  Seems many agree, given the rise in female gun ownership lately.

Guns are super hot in the trans community as well.

Yet the vast majority seem to support stricter gun laws, but they probably don't know what's best for themselves

I'm curious to see the data on trans support for gun control. So far I saw one Twitter thread from a leftist who wants guns banned. I do know plenty of hardcore leftists who want to use their guns to force a revolution that ends capitalism and the bourgeoisie 

1 minute ago, UNLV2001 said:

I haven't read this executive order --- what the heck is in it that is so "rights depriving" ?? 

Nobody as of yet know what is in it.  Sounds like the EO will be about banning "ghost guns" which I am fine with.  The pistol thing is dumb.  More accuracy with a hand gun is a good thing, not a bad thing.

The concerning parts were the rest of Biden's speech, where he wants to ban semi automatic rifles and make guns more expensive, through passing legal costs onto the consumer.

1 minute ago, #1Stunner said:

How many guns are in the average Idaho household? 

I'd bet like most western states..........the guns are massed in a small % of the total - For every one hand gun house, there's probably a house with multiple guns 

Guest #1Stunner
4 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

I'd bet like most western states..........the guns are massed in a small % of the total - For every one hand gun house, there's probably a house with multiple guns 

I am sensing that you are probably in favor of Biden's plan to ban guns, and in favor of gun control....

To understand the differences here....

May I be so bold to ask

(1) How old are you?

(2) Are you Male or Female (no presumptions anymore!)

(3) have you had your testosterone level tested?

(4) Have your views about guns changed as you've aged?

Just now, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Nobody as of yet know what is in it.  Sounds like the EO will be about banning "ghost guns" which I am fine with.  The pistol thing is dumb.  More accuracy with a hand gun is a good thing, not a bad thing.

The concerning parts were the rest of Biden's speech, where he wants to ban semi automatic rifles and make guns more expensive, through passing legal costs onto the consumer.

I'd be fine with making ammo expensive - for one thing it might cut down on shooters trashing the desert around here with trash & thousands of shell casings 

45 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Also, those numbers seem flawed, only using "active gun use" in self defense, shooting the gun, and only for reported crimes, and only in your home.

53 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

A right to bear arms for self defense is constitutional.  Period.  end of discussion.

Why do you want women and minorities to live in fear?  Pro rape and anti-black?

That doesn't answer any of the tough questions about the myriad negatives of gun proliferation. 

"The bible says so!" 

Just acknowledge that 400 million guns in the US creates some downsides.

1 minute ago, #1Stunner said:

I am sensing that you are probably in favor of Biden's plan to ban guns, and in favor of gun control....

To understand the differences here....

May I be so bold to ask

(1) How old are you?

(2) Are you Male or Female (no presumptions anymore!)

(3) have you had your testosterone level tested?

(4) Have your views about guns changed as you've aged?

I'm fine with some restrictions on guns - anyone thinking the 2nd is carte blanche to have full military grade weaponry doesn't understand the basis of the 2nd A 

The MRA propaganda machine has warped the thinking on the 2nd A to where some actually think the sole intention was to counter the government - that might be a small portion of the initial intent but it is far from being the SOLE purpose .....yet today when a gun fetishist is asked, odds are they will respond with "to counter government tyranny" , which is a pure conditioned response due to 3 decades of NRA propaganda 

4 minutes ago, toonkee said:

That doesn't answer any of the tough questions about the myriad negatives of gun proliferation. 

"The bible says so!" 

Just acknowledge that 400 million guns in the US creates some downsides.

The vast majority of these 400 million guns are probably broken down to 25 million owning over 50% of the 400 million