Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ph90702

Arizona Fires Sean Miller

2 hours ago, Old_Sparty1857 said:

If you haven’t been to an SEC football game than you’ve been missing out. Prepare for a weekend affair.  You get into one of those college towns and you can’t really get out until Sunday.  People there are super friendly and the tailgating is epic.  Southern hospitality. 

If you only see one in your lifetime, go to Baton Rouge to watch LSU under the lights on a Saturday night.  It’s worth the price of admission. 

Especially SEC conference games.  Been to SCar, LSU, Arkansas, Tennessee and UGA for games.  Tennessee was disappointing but it was Dooley's last year, it was against Troy, and they just had the brakes beaten off them by Bama the previous game.  The rest were all SEC and were great times.  Got hosted by some folks with some juice in the LSU booster club, they absolutely crushed it.  ACC is a lesser version but still good in the southern states.

U of Arizona was not good.  Shitty fans and waitstaff towards visitors, barely passable tailgating for a big time school, and the town was unimpressive in general.  Give me Fayetteville over Tucson easy.

1 hour ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Especially SEC conference games.  Been to SCar, LSU, Arkansas, Tennessee and UGA for games.  Tennessee was disappointing but it was Dooley's last year, it was against Troy, and they just had the brakes beaten off them by Bama the previous game.  The rest were all SEC and were great times.  Got hosted by some folks with some juice in the LSU booster club, they absolutely crushed it.  ACC is a lesser version but still good in the southern states.

U of Arizona was not good.  Shitty fans and waitstaff towards visitors, barely passable tailgating for a big time school, and the town was unimpressive in general.  Give me Fayetteville over Tucson easy.

Nice!

The first SEC game I saw was GA @ Auburn. That was an experience seeing how a small college town ads 80-100k people over a weekend. Also been to LSU, UGA, Tennessee, and Florida. All a ton of fun.  Would love to see a game in Columbia SC.  Been to Charleston and loved it. Need to go to BAMA and aTm at some point.  Wish I had gone to Fayetteville when the Spartans beat the Hogs in 2019.  Missed out on my chance. 

Only ACC game I’ve seen was at Georgia Tech.  Nice campus in Atlanta across the hwy from the Coca Cola headquarters. 

A goddaughter of mine just graduated from U of AZ in Dec.  She loved her time there.  The whole city does support the WildCats.  I had a sales meeting one time at a Tucson resort that was nice, but other than some good golf courses, it really is just a mess in the desert. 

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

8 hours ago, Old_Sparty1857 said:

If you haven’t been to an SEC football game than you’ve been missing out. Prepare for a weekend affair.  You get into one of those college towns and you can’t really get out until Sunday.  People there are super friendly and the tailgating is epic.  Southern hospitality. 

If you only see one in your lifetime, go to Baton Rouge to watch LSU under the lights on a Saturday night.  It’s worth the price of admission. 

I agree with you on the lsu games.  Best experience I’ve had at a game.  I’ve also been to a&m, bama, auburn, Tennessee, ole miss, miss state, Georgia and even Louisiana Lafayette was a fun time.  West coast football just doesn’t compare. 

20 hours ago, Old_Sparty1857 said:

I was trying to be nice.  Tucson is Fresno in the desert. 

20 hours ago, utenation said:

Well, Tucson is certainly not as cool as Provo.. That’s for sure.  Many people think they are in different country once they hit American Fork. 

Imagine 100’s of thousands of inbred @#1Stunner’s running around talking about the best ice cream shop and best family discount groupons at water parks. 

You might even get a tip on the latest pyramid scam on essential oils or vitamin sales.  That’s how it rolls in Provo Utah. 

I was talking about the temperature, people.  Tucson is not cool.

I actually really liked the U of A campus.  The stadium was unique.  The fans around us were cordial.  Other than the last-second loss, it was a good experience.

1 minute ago, azgreg said:

I guess we'll see. I get the feeling Lloyd is having second thoughts based on some of the stuff the 247 AZ guy is hinting at but it's hard to say for sure.

Also, I noticed you were on the GU Boards. You should tell the mods there to check the new user queue and approve new accounts.;)

13 minutes ago, Pelado said:

I was talking about the temperature, people.  Tucson is not cool.

I actually really liked the U of A campus.  The stadium was unique.  The fans around us were cordial.  Other than the last-second loss, it was a good experience.

Lol.. you did respond to a post that said Tucson was terrible.  And we both know you laughed at my Provo reference..

17 minutes ago, Rebels2k3 said:

I guess we'll see. I get the feeling Lloyd is having second thoughts based on some of the stuff the 247 AZ guy is hinting at but it's hard to say for sure.

Also, I noticed you were on the GU Boards. You should tell the mods there to check the new user queue and approve new accounts.;)

I've heard the same grumblings about Lloyd as well.

People, not a fan.

19 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

I've been to some very underwhelming games at Vandy and Ole Miss over the years

mem skyline sig.jpeg

17 hours ago, UofMTigers said:

I've been to some very underwhelming games at Vandy and Ole Miss over the years

To a lesser extent, I'd expect baseball games at Vandy to be a party as well