Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ph90702

Arizona Fires Sean Miller

22 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

If Zona wants your coach, they'll get him, buyout or not.

And we'll get a cool million or two for the next coach.   He shouldn't be too high on their list (yet). One bid in four years, and his ties to Miller likely makes him a non-starter at the moment.

37 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

And we'll get a cool million or two for the next coach.   He shouldn't be too high on their list (yet). One bid in four years, and his ties to Miller likely makes him a non-starter at the moment.

Peanuts except to UCSB

3 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Peanuts except to UCSB

Those peanuts might have saved your baseball program. 

2 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

They aren’t peanuts to us either. I’m talking about a P5 taking your coach. 

I see.

14 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

They aren’t peanuts to us either. I’m talking about a P5 taking your coach. 

AFAIK, the only head coach UCSB has lost to a P5 in any sport in the last 30 years, was women's hoops in 2011.  It would be a new experience if Pasternack leaves for a P5 gig.  Men's hoops has had just three coaches since 1983.  

If Arizona doesn't poach him - it's likely Pasternack's connection to Miller is still too fresh for their taste - then I could see LSU making a move if/when they can their coach.  Which would be another year or two.

19 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

Hey bud, congrats on the conference title and good NCAA game.

CSUB learned it ain't as easy as it looks.  First year in a new league, 5th place finish.

Listening to the radio yesterday on the way home, they were talking about Pastner being a possibility at Arizona, along with Pasternack, and....Luke Walton, who apparently told UA no thanks.

Pastner is getting a courtesy interview but it won't go any further than that. As far as I can see Pasternak isn't an option.  Right now it appears that it's Lloyd's if he want's it.

People, not a fan.

5 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

Georgia Tech is not an upgrade over Memphis.  How many top three recruiting classes has he gotten there?

he should stay at Tech as they will put up with a 13-14 win seasons just to get a few 18-20 win NCAA/NIT type teams.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

1 hour ago, ph90702 said:

My sources are telling me Tommy Lloyd.  Mark Few still has another decade to go before he retires (possible more).

18 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

The FOH with your "sources" nonsense. 

Some guys never learn.  And in the rare instances when he happens to be right, he makes certain everyone knows it. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama