Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

We have an under incarceration problem

2 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

LOL. We have by far the highest incarceration rate of any advanced country on Earth. 

Of any country period. We have a higher rate than China even.

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

Let’s play a fun little game shall we. Without looking it up, everyone guess what percentage of people are locked up in our state and federal prison system due to a violent criminal conviction. I’m not talking white collar crime, I’m not asking about burglary and other property crime, and not those poor bastards locked away on drug possession charges. Murder, rape, assault etc...what percentage is your guess?

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

Serious question; is this a real tweet? 

edit: nevermind, just saw Mug’s post about this, definitely real. The fact that a real human being can believe under incarceration is an issue in the U.S. blows my mind.

4 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Let’s play a fun little game shall we. Without looking it up, everyone guess what percentage of people are locked up in our state and federal prison system due to a violent criminal conviction. I’m not talking white collar crime, I’m not asking about burglary and other property crime, and not those poor bastards locked away on drug possession charges. Murder, rape, assault etc...what percentage is your guess?

15%? 

28 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

100%

People, not a fan.

The median prison sentence served for murder is 13.4 years. A 30% increase in the homicide rate would come out to 4800 additional murders, conservatively, over the previous year. If all of those murders were successfully prosecuted, the increase alone would result in 64,320 years in prison. A prisoner would take up a bed in the system for 23,476,800 nights. 

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

1 minute ago, Wyoguns said:

I’m not saying that will solve any problem...but letting violent criminals run Willy Nilly isn’t either

I am and I am dead serious.