Joe from WY

US considering boycott of 2022 Beijing Olympics?

1 minute ago, soupslam1 said:

My point being if you feel that strong about not holding the China Olympics because of genocide in China why are you buying Chinese goods? 

So your point is, sports should be above politics, and  genocide is just "politics" and if you support a global coordinated effort to hold China accountable for anything, in anyway, you should also not buy any electronics, medications, clothes, toys for your kids cus there is a good chance some or all parts were made in China.  So you are really taking the position that one can not want China to be held accountable or be recognized for doing wrong, unless one also supports the complete destabilization of the global economy on a level that would make COVID look like a joke?

Fugg out of here, friend.

• Cheers 1
6 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

So your point is, sports should be above politics, and  genocide is just "politics" and if you support a global coordinated effort to hold China accountable for anything, in anyway, you should also not buy any electronics, medications, clothes, toys for your kids cus there is a good chance some or all parts were made in China.  So you are really taking the position that one can not want China to be held accountable or be recognized for doing wrong, unless one also supports the complete destabilization of the global economy on a level that would make COVID look like a joke?

Should we tell him that mental gymnastics isn't actually an Olympic sport?

3 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

And your point is too bad for the athletes but I still am going to buy my cheap Chinese shit, genocides or not. C’mon you can stand behind your convictions and do without your cheap Chinese shit. 

• Facepalm 1
On 4/6/2021 at 2:09 PM, soupslam1 said:

It would be a shame. The Olympics are supposed to be above politics. Yeah I know naive. The only ones I feel sorry for are the athletes and parents/fans that get to watch the worlds best young people compete in games not war. 

Which is why I think the Olympics should never be allowed in communist countries or Dictatorship countries. 

China’s crimes against humanity top the charts with countries like North Korea.  The scary thing is, we don’t even know half of what they’ve done. 

If the Olympics are about unity, transparency and fair competition,  China doesn’t fit the bill. 

Hell, let’s just award Syria the next summer games while we’re at it. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, utenation said:

Which is why I think the Olympics should never be allowed in communist countries or Dictatorship countries. 

China’s crimes against humanity top the charts with countries like North Korea.  The scary thing is, we don’t even know half of what they’ve done. 

If the Olympics are about unity, transparency and fair competition,  China doesn’t fit the bill. 

Hell, let’s just award Syria the next summer games while we’re at it. 

The Damascus Olympics would be lit.

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, utenation said:

I’m sure ISIS would win the security contract. Hezbollah would finish a close second. 

They hate each other. So maybe they'd have a battle to the death to determine who got the contract. That'd be pretty cool. Maybe include the NOI people that run security at all the strip clubs in the Bay Area in on it too for the +++++ of it. It could be the battle to end them all.

6 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

They hate each other. So maybe they'd have a battle to the death to determine who got the contract. That'd be pretty cool. Maybe include the NOI people that run security at all the strip clubs in the Bay Area in on it too for the +++++ of it. It could be the battle to end them all.

Put North Korea in charge of “fireworks” at the opening and closing ceremonies?

Along with food distribution at the Olympic Village?

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, utenation said:

Put North Korea in charge of “fireworks” at the opening and closing ceremonies?

Along with food distribution at the Olympic Village?

That's a possibility, but only if they have the Myanmar/Burma Junta bring a scale model of its "People Zoo" for display at the Olympic Pavilion for curious onlookers.

• Haha 1