Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DoubleBlueGold

It's Official!!! Miles is HC at SJSU!!!

7 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

Lucky for you the other-side of Mrkt is nice expensive now...

3 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Lol in what universe? The area around Market (north and south) is all bad until you hit the edge of the Castro on Mint Hill. 

Okay...FIFY

3 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

I was talking more about inland counties and inland cities like Palmdale not rich suburbs close to the ocean. 

YUP...& the Central Valley is thick with real okies as well.

On 4/8/2021 at 4:48 PM, Joe from WY said:

It's true. California is basically Oklahoma off the coast, and it's been always crazy to me what a bunch of hicks people are in Upstate New York. Like it's half mind-boggling.

FA744F28-78C0-4A18-9C4B-D4BD1917A5E7.jpeg

On 4/8/2021 at 7:39 PM, Joe from WY said:

It's all touristy bullshit there. I like the Rodeos just for the pageantry of it in rural Montana. They're as batshit crazy as anything else, especially in places like Central Montana where it's real hicks doing the same real hick things they've done for 150 years. But Big Sky/Bozeman is like the worst of everything. It's one giant overpriced tourist trap shithole trying to sell "the cowboy lifestyle" to dumb Californians and New Yorkers who go there to see the mountains.

Like I said, the only reason I smile when I hear Big Sky was based on a strange 2 day drug trip I took up there with a bunch of old hippies. If not for that, I'd have nothing really good to say about that place at all either.

My Finnish ancestors migrated to Red Lodge to work in the mines. While it doesn’t have the natural beauty of Bozeman, it has a much more authentic feel to it for a “tourist town.”

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

On 4/8/2021 at 5:00 PM, smltwnrckr said:

Great town. Not on the beach, tho. 

BTW, Davis is the best college town in the state. Everyone knows that. Kneel to the king. 

Chico is second place, if only because the townies there are bat +++++ing shit crazy. 

Pirates Cove is a great beach.  Not for waves though.  

1 minute ago, roughrider said:

Pirates Cove is a great beach.  Not for waves though.  

I love the beaches near SLO, maybe my favorite in the state. But I just mean the actual city of SLO and the university are not on the beach like UCSB. You got to get in the car and drive a little bit. What is it, 20 minutes or so? Maybe less. It's close, but I don't consider a place a beach town unless there is a beach in the town. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

5 hours ago, lakesbison said:

I've known Miles for years. NDSU LEGEND! Great guy

Freakin cool ass dude.    played golf with him over beers, dude had us bustin.

any of you SJSU fans just bring up my name, it'll put a smile on his face!

great hire!!

OK, will do.  Should I say that "Mr. Lake Bison" says hi?

On 4/9/2021 at 8:53 PM, DoubleBlueGold said:

I really don't mind that this thread was hijacked. Got a good mental layout for my eventual trip to the Big Sky region.

Bro, don't listen to @Joe from WY.  As another 5th Gen Montanan - listen to me, you are not gonna like Jordan.

On 4/11/2021 at 6:09 PM, BSUTOP25 said:

My Finnish ancestors migrated to Red Lodge to work in the mines. While it doesn’t have the natural beauty of Bozeman, it has a much more authentic feel to it for a “tourist town.”

Love the Candy Emporium there.  Also, the Pig Races.  And a super underrated fun ski resort. And I also agree with Joe here, get up over the bench and from Luther to Nye the natural beauty is better than Bozo.

1 hour ago, SpartanDude said:

OK, will do.  Should I say that "Mr. Lake Bison" says hi?

absolutely... he will smile and you will be an insider!

in 2008 Miles and NDSU broke Wisconsins 56 game non conf home winning streak and on way home the team stopped in Minneapolis for supper and when they walked in the crowd there gave them a standing ovation....  (some ndsu fans, but alot of Minnesota Gopher fans that hate wisconsin!) haha

he loves talking about Doland SD his hometown too   oh him and Craig Bohl Wyoming Football coach were great friends at NDSU.

Miles tells this awesome story   "in Fall camp for Football at NDSU, they were scrimmaging and I walked out onto the field to chat Bohl up...  the players were just smashing each other and being very aggressive, I saw 2 quarterbacks literally get sacked by 2-3 guys hard.... I look at Bohl & said.. shouldn't you have your quarterbacks in red jerseys protected?... Bohl looked at me and said  HELL F***KIN NO!  I need to see which 1 of these son's a bitches can take a hit and keep on ticking"

HAHA

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!