Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DoubleBlueGold

It's Official!!! Miles is HC at SJSU!!!

26 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

I don't know about futility. Rice has had Boise in the champ mix most seasons. The guy has been solid for BSU, but it does seem like he is on a downward trend lately. BSU isn't ever really gonna be a hoops school tho, so that can limit what a coach can do too.

In comparing Miles at CSU to Leon at BSU, Miles just had slightly more success, and then plateaued. So I still say Miles has a slightly higher ceiling, but not by much. 

I am kind of surprised BSU keeps hanging on to Leon, given he has clearly hit his ceiling and regressed, but that is part of what proves BSU ain't even gonna be a hoops school. They are fine with just being in the mix.

In all fairness, Miles did not plateau at CSU. He was on a strong trajectory, which is what won him the Nebraska gig. His CSU team went on to win a game in the dance the following year. 

Great hire by SJSU. They’ll be contending in a couple of years. They’ll also get some butts in the seats. 

3 hours ago, Headbutt said:

In all fairness, Miles did not plateau at CSU. He was on a strong trajectory, which is what won him the Nebraska gig. His CSU team went on to win a game in the dance the following year. 

Great hire by SJSU. They’ll be contending in a couple of years. They’ll also get some butts in the seats. 

Hopefully, it's been so long getting good fan attendance could be tougher than having a winning season.:shrug:

Best of luck to Coach Miles. I wish him well. B) Go Spartans!  

2 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

It’s completely shit shocking! But the kick out SAN threads need to clear out for awhile at least. 

Why?  I like those threads.

7 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

Sweet. Best FB and BB coaches on the pay roll for SAN ever in modern times or ever. Those are two better coaches than what UNLV has, that’s just a sad ass fact. 

Ha. I had the same thought yesterday.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

21 hours ago, jdgaucho said:

Players will stick around for Miles.  Best part is, SAN won't be hearing the "kick them out" drums for a while.

I like having SJSU in the same conference as FS...I love to hate those guys and never want to lose touch with them, a great rivalry is all about love and hate.

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

8 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

Sweet. Best FB and BB coaches on the pay roll for SAN ever in modern times or ever. Those are two better coaches than what UNLV has, that’s just a sad ass fact. 

That's a fact huh?

Our FB coach has had ONE covid ravaged season (a season where everything was off), but he's already put together some of the best recruiting we've EVER seen at UNLV and had both classes ranked 2nd in the MW.

Our BB coach just got hired a couple weeks ago, but has already gotten off to a better start than our 2 previous coaches, by far. He also has his potential Hall of Fame Father by his side, and if you don't think that's a big deal, then brace yourselves. Also, nobody cares if Kevin will be "holding his Daddy's hand", all we care about are wins, if Kevin needs his Daddy's help, so be it, whatever works. The last time Lon was at UNLV, we were part of the Big 3 that dominated the MW.

Finally, just about every Rebel fan has said congratulations to SJSU for this hire, its a great hire for THEM, but Miles is a coach that has just TWO NCAA tourney appearances in 15 years as a D1 head coach, not exactly lighting the world on fire.

Let's come back to this in about 3 years and see who's hires are better.

1 minute ago, Amaru523 said:

That's a fact huh?

Our FB coach has had ONE covid ravaged season (a season where everything was off), but he's already put together some of the best recruiting we've EVER seen at UNLV and had both classes ranked 2nd in the MW.

Our BB coach just got hired a couple weeks ago, but has already gotten off to a better start than our 2 previous coaches, by far. He also has his potential Hall of Fame Father by his side, and if you don't think that's a big deal, then brace yourselves. Also, nobody cares if Kevin will be "holding his Daddy's hand", all we care about are wins, if Kevin needs his Daddy's help, so be it, whatever works.

Finally, just about every Rebel fan has said congratulations to SJSU for this hire, its a great hire for THEM, but Miles is a coach that has just TWO NCAA tourney appearances in 15 years as a D1 head coach, not exactly lighting the world on fire.

Let's come back to this in about 3 years and see who's hires are better.

Miles has been a coach for a lot of years and he had one win total in the NiT and NCAA Tournament combined. 

17 hours ago, westfan said:

Hopefully, it's been so long getting good fan attendance could be tougher than having a winning season.:shrug:

How many are actually there normally? I feel like when I've looked it lists like 1400 or something, but I assume thats tix counted because when I watch it looks like there is legit like 63 people there.

16 minutes ago, masterfrog said:

Miles has been a coach for a lot of years and he had one win total in the NiT and NCAA Tournament combined. 

Turns out building programs doesn’t happen overnight, and winning is hard in the B1G, who woulda thought? What a dumbass take.

52 minutes ago, jewelz4562000 said:

How many are actually there normally? I feel like when I've looked it lists like 1400 or something, but I assume thats tix counted because when I watch it looks like there is legit like 63 people there.

The way things went with the last HC. That was likely the case. Three of the worst years in SJSU MBB. 

55 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Turns out building programs doesn’t happen overnight, and winning is hard in the B1G, who woulda thought? What a dumbass take.

Nebraska hoops might just be the toughest coaching gig in the country. Gotta be at least top 5.

Tim Miles finally gets another MW head coaching gig! Now we just have Joe Pasternick on the "who will be the next coach at x school" list. Looking at you, Fresno.

5809184128_5cf90ed7dc_b.jpg