Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DoubleBlueGold

It's Official!!! Miles is HC at SJSU!!!

https://sjsuspartans.com/news/2021/4/6/tim-miles-named-san-jose-state-mens-basketball-head-coach.aspx

#SpartanUp

Nice hire, Sparty! He should have you to respectability within a few years. Good solid coach that doesn't have a low floor. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

"Going into this national search, my top priorities were to find someone that not only had head coaching experience, but also had success in building programs. Coach Miles fits that description perfectly. If you look at the job he did at Colorado State and Nebraska, you will see that he completely changed the culture of those programs and elevated each program to new heights. I have full confidence that he is going to the same here at San José State."

What is the contract details?

"Everyone wants a hero...And Derek Carr, he's going to be a hero at times."

- Pat Hill

20 minutes ago, 1IvyDog said:

What is the contract details?

Haven't be reported yet.

12 minutes ago, roughrider said:

Boise slips further behind.  Miles >>> Rice and it's not worth an argument.

I'd say he's better but not by a huge amount. I think both have definite ceilings that are about the same level. Maybe slightly higher for Miles, but not much.

12 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

I'd say he's better but not by a huge amount. I think both have definite ceilings that are about the same level. Maybe slightly higher for Miles, but not much.

The debate is out wrt to level of better....he's done what Leon appears incapable of doing after 11 years of futility in Boise.

Players will stick around for Miles.  Best part is, SAN won't be hearing the "kick them out" drums for a while.

2 minutes ago, roughrider said:

The debate is out wrt to level of better....he's done what Leon appears incapable of doing after 11 years of futility in Boise.

I don't know about futility. Rice has had Boise in the champ mix most seasons. The guy has been solid for BSU, but it does seem like he is on a downward trend lately. BSU isn't ever really gonna be a hoops school tho, so that can limit what a coach can do too.

In comparing Miles at CSU to Leon at BSU, Miles just had slightly more success, and then plateaued. So I still say Miles has a slightly higher ceiling, but not by much. 

I am kind of surprised BSU keeps hanging on to Leon, given he has clearly hit his ceiling and regressed, but that is part of what proves BSU ain't even gonna be a hoops school. They are fine with just being in the mix.