Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bornontheblue

Boise area housing Prices

1 hour ago, toonkee said:

You are correct regarding appraiser influence but you're incorrect about the severity of it's effect. If an appraiser is pushed to "overvalue" a house somewhat, the borrower pays a relatively trivial amount more in a mortgage payment, especially when the loan was some sort of ARM where they were paying only interest for 3 years. People didn't lose their houses en masse because their house payment was extra $20 or $50. They lost their houses because their mortgage went from an interest only payment of $1200 to $3200, 3 years in. People said nah to that and walked away from their houses. Sure, there were and are instances of sincere fraud, but those were not what crashed the system. 

As far as the government fixing the problem by increasing appraisal oversight...well, they gotta go after somebody to make it look like they're doing something, and we know they sure as hell aren't going to meaningfully punish the banks. Fun fact...it was Andrew Cuomo that started the push for the appraisal regs your talking about right before he decided to run for governor.

Ummmm, let’s go back to what I did say. I said the worst program out there was the stated income stated asset program for self employed borrowers. With a higher default rate combined with appraisal fraud, it was a bad combo. 

Someone challenged me that there was appraisal “fraud”. I proved that wrong. Nothing else.

There were several reasons for the market crashing. But someone wanted to talk appraisals. 

18 hours ago, bornontheblue said:

If I could sell my house and and walk away with $400,000 in the bank and buy a bigger, nicer house in South Dakota for 135,000 I would do it yesterday. Convincing my wife to move to South Dakota or Nebraska, etc is the problem. 

Take her to Spearfish

110926run_defense710.jpg

9 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Really, why?  

Comrade fan is one of those who believe that people are property of the state. He’s a true command economist who thinks Stalin was a spineless sellout that didn’t go far enough. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

14 minutes ago, Maji said:

Looks like the American Dream!

7 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

Moscow Viejo

image.png.a04168db86bb410194c33d1cf5585497.png

Very cute that you two “centrists,” who have likely never been to Eastern Europe, want to compare those dense neighborhoods to communist housing projects. Lol

7 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Very cute that you two “centrists,” who have likely never been to Eastern Europe, want to compare those dense neighborhoods to communist housing projects. Lol

Are only self important libertarians allowed to make jokes here or what?

Guest #1Stunner
6 minutes ago, Bob said:

I lived in a building that looked exactly like this. They all look like this. This is a Krushovka - five story shitholes built by Xrushov.

You know you had a good one if you had a kvartira c'balconom. an apartment with a balcony. All of these appear to have those. These guys are big pimpin'

I'm shocked you didn't get a Russian bride.  

But you shared how they tend to transform to Babchas after about age 35

For the record I have been to the shitty parts of eastern Europe and I was blown away by the similarity to the bad parts of Baltimore and NY that I am familiar with. You can tell both sides were building similar public housing but eventually we moved away from the practice and the otherside collapsed economically. 

4 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

Are only self important libertarians allowed to make jokes here or what?

Yes

Guest #1Stunner
4 minutes ago, Bob said:

All the women wanted to marry me. Not even joking. Women would solicit marriage to me all the time, and I'm not exaggerating one bit. Those poor girls just want out of that country.

It is sad.   What years were you over there?

I saw something not to long ago that said half of Russian young people want to leave the Country, with the US being their top choice. 

And Women can't find good husbands because of the problem with the men drinking. 

4 minutes ago, Bob said:

All the women wanted to marry me. Not even joking. Women would solicit marriage to me all the time, and I'm not exaggerating one bit. Those poor girls just want out of that country.

It was shocking how “forward” the women were in Russia. I visited there in the late 90s and early 2000s .. maybe different nowadays but back then a guy from the west could have a lot of fun there.

Guest #1Stunner
2 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

It was shocking how “forward” the women were in Russia. I visited there in the late 90s and early 2000s .. maybe different nowadays but back then a guy from the west could have a lot of fun there.

I think it has changed a lot since then.

There was a fascination with Americans after the fall of Communism.  Sadly, with the internet, Netlfix, etc, American culture is everywhere, and we've lost our upper hand on being something novel and exciting. 

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Our version of violence is riots, gang fights, racial discrimination, armed robbery, drug deals gone bad and some death. Maybe a few fights over welfare checks. Some homicide.  A stolen PlayStation or the internet got shut off. 

That’s certainly much worse than real war torn cities/regions with histories of massive genocide/ murder based on religion, complete economic failure, real starvation, going without basic sanitation, zero to little chance to have a political voice, zero or very little access to education and healthcare.

55 minutes ago, Bob said:

Yeah. It was hard to not go hog wild, honestly. But you know they want you to impregnate them so they have a better chance of making to America. Russian women are hot. There are a lot of STDs there. you don't want to get anything nasty. And honestly ,Russians stink. Not sure if it's their diet or what 

And I doubt it's any different now. Those women just want out of Russian. If you are German or American or not from a shithole country they want you.... badly.

Did you get the Donald Trump discount? I heard he had a good time in Russia..

The caption on this pic should read: "Hey ah, is our agreement still good? Make sure they are sleazy and can be bought off if needed. I need a beautiful arrangement."

image.jpeg.41468664abd249995eab0a372b499e57.jpeg

59 minutes ago, Bob said:

Yeah. It was hard to not go hog wild, honestly. But you know they want you to impregnate them so they have a better chance of making to America. Russian women are hot. There are a lot of STDs there. you don't want to get anything nasty. And honestly ,Russians stink. Not sure if it's their diet or what 

And I doubt it's any different now. Those women just want out of Russian. If you are German or American or not from a shithole country they want you.... badly.

Russia sounds like a pH paradise. 

2 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Very cute that you're still writing "centrists" at every opportunity

9 minutes ago, Maji said:

Very cute that you're still writing "centrists" at every opportunity

Excuse me but you responded to my post Mr. “centrist.” Also, I’ll stop referring to you as that when you finally admit to being a Democrat. Deal? 

5 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Excuse me but you responded to my post Mr. “centrist.” Also, I’ll stop referring to you as that when you finally admit to being a Democrat. Deal? 

I've had my title as something leftwing for weeks. I even had it as Social Dem. This ain't hard.