Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lobonado

Way too early Top 25 (bball)

The price to play is  going up.

Andy Yanez
@AYanez_5
Kelvin Sampson says he will visit different NBA facilities and see if he can take Chris Pezman and Tilman Feritta to look at what the UH facilities need to update.

On 4/6/2021 at 12:37 PM, Shaker said:

I think SDSU, CSU, and UNR will be the top of the MWC next year. With a pretty big gap between everybody else. I do think the mwc is starting to get better and in the next couple years we will see 2-3 MWC teams start getting ranked.

We will be better without Alston shooting 30 ft threes guarded and going 1-11 in any big game from deep. Rest of team returns.

Lots of players still to find a home, but as of right now, Nevada looks like the MWC favorite for next year with CSU right behind.

As far as the top-25, CBS did their own and had UCLA as #1: https://247sports.com/college/ucla/LongFormArticle/College-basketball-rankings-Top-25-CBS-Sports-UCLA-Bruins-Gonzaga-Duke-Alabama-Crimson-Tide-Baylor-Ohio-State-163741409/#163741409_15

UCLA had a good run through the tourney but #1 or #2?  Seems kinda high.

19 hours ago, nielsbohr said:

Lots of players still to find a home, but as of right now, Nevada looks like the MWC favorite for next year with CSU right behind.

As far as the top-25, CBS did their own and had UCLA as #1: https://247sports.com/college/ucla/LongFormArticle/College-basketball-rankings-Top-25-CBS-Sports-UCLA-Bruins-Gonzaga-Duke-Alabama-Crimson-Tide-Baylor-Ohio-State-163741409/#163741409_15

Geez. Another bad reporting job.  We can now scratch CBS Sports off the credible list with ESPN. I guarantee UNLV will finish in the top 25 this year. Book it.  Clearly these morons don’t understand college basketball.

9 hours ago, jewelz4562000 said:

We will be better without Alston shooting 30 ft threes guarded and going 1-11 in any big game from deep. Rest of team returns.

Yeah, Alstons fade towards the end of the year hurt us far more than his huge games against garbage helped, or his once 2 good games against good teams.  Big reasons for us going from a top 40 team to one lucky to win 1 game in the NIT.  Ray J turning to shit too.  I mean Ray J was doing butt stuff to Houston and BYU and then the next two months became our worst player, by far, not even close @BSUTOP25.  Those two being gone will not make us a worse team, especially as DD and Akot realized (too little too late) they had to carry the team now.  

If Kigab is good to go, we will be better.  Another year of Akot, DD, Armus, Shaver and Kigab together will make them all better.  Arguably the most talented team in the league, again.  

22 hours ago, nielsbohr said:

In the article you posted, I also have an issue with:

247Sports: When you fall in heartbreaking fashion, there's just something about taking the floor in the following season with an anxious and hungry group to get back to the promised land. Mick Cronin is going to have that with the Bruins who, according to Parrish, is America's preseason No. 1 for the 2021-22 campaign. Juzang's NBA Draft stock could soar with another spectacular season out West for a blue blood that has returned to greatness.

UCLA isn't the only blue blood program out West.. Give credit where credit is due.

Here's how I would rank the current Western Blue Bloods

1.UCLA/UNLV tie..

2. Arizona

3. Gonzaga(their failure in the title game this year, has me questioning them at all) NO team out West or anywhere really has had a dominant run like UNLV 90-91. I'll post those stats if needed.. They would have had two titles if the refs didn't screw over the Rebs in 1991 against Duke.

11 minutes ago, utenation said:

247Sports: When you fall in heartbreaking fashion, there's just something about taking the floor in the following season with an anxious and hungry group to get back to the promised land. Mick Cronin is going to have that with the Bruins who, according to Parrish, is America's preseason No. 1 for the 2021-22 campaign. Juzang's NBA Draft stock could soar with another spectacular season out West for a blue blood that has returned to greatness.

UCLA isn't the only blue blood program out West.. Give credit where credit is due.

1.UCLA/UNLV tie..

2. Arizona

3. Gonzaga(their failure in the title game this year, has me questioning them at all) NO team out West or anywhere really has had a dominant run like UNLV 90-91. I'll post those stats if needed.. They would have had two titles if the refs didn't screw over the Rebs in 1991 against Duke.

I’m enjoying the assault on Vegas... but really who are we to question the integrity of a problem that’s was victimized by the NCAA!? I mean, picked on from day one for no reason at all!

1 hour ago, NevadaFan said:

I’m enjoying the assault on Vegas... but really who are we to question the integrity of a problem that’s was victimized by the NCAA!? I mean, picked on from day one for no reason at all!

Just be prepared for an ass kicking this year. Doesn't matter that you've won like 8 or 9 in a row over the Rebs. Things have changed this year. Did you hear Lon Kruger will be helping out Jr? Once all the 10 star transfers in the portal come to town this year, prepare thy anus. 

If UNLV has a good season this year, I'm moving them up my Blue Blood list for sole 1st place in the West. That's how much potential this program has. 

On 4/6/2021 at 10:32 AM, utenation said:

This article/prognostication is bullshit. They left out UNLV.. Maybe they aren't aware that UNLV just hired the next legendary basketball coach Kevin Kruger? Zero head coaching experience and was part of the embarrassing losing staff that left town.  Do they not realize what is brewing in Vegas? I wouldn't be surprised if UNLV is in the final 4 the next few years.

@RebelRobert @Rebels18 and @ph90702 I say we go scorched earth on ESPN and the author of this article. Clearly these guys are morons and don't know basketball.

@madmartigan might be able to help draft the bullshit letter/email to get us rolling.

CSU getting love? Please.  UNLV has the best facilities in the West, most desired location and billions of NBA players using UNLV's facilities in the summer. Recruits pay attention to these things. 

Truth Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

On 4/9/2021 at 2:16 PM, utenation said:

1.UCLA/UNLV tie..

2. Arizona

Pop Tv Alexis Rose GIF by Schitt's Creek

So good to see a non-unlv fan that understands.

On 4/9/2021 at 2:59 PM, utenation said:

Just be prepared for an ass kicking this year. Doesn't matter that you've won like 8 or 9 in a row over the Rebs. Things have changed this year. Did you hear Lon Kruger will be helping out Jr? Once all the 10 star transfers in the portal come to town this year, prepare thy anus. 

If UNLV has a good season this year, I'm moving them up my Blue Blood list for sole 1st place in the West. That's how much potential this program has. 

You need help!  The fact it’s coming from me is a strong statement.

On 4/6/2021 at 12:10 PM, Lobonado said:

Rothstein has said that for what Nevada has coming in that he sees us as preseason Top 25.

kat.jpg