Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bignasty

Gonzaga should have joined the MWC

On 4/5/2021 at 8:47 PM, Rosegreen said:

Zags are/were overrated. They should have lost to UCLA. 

Gonzaga had nothing left in the tank after the game against the Bruins.

In Gonzaga's defense, I think that game will be remembered long after anyone remembers Baylor won the NCAA championship in the year of Covid.

6 hours ago, CPslograd said:

I'm still bitter about this game.

(4) Gonzaga VS Stanford 3/13/1999 - YouTube

And I'm still savoring this one...

(4) UCLA vs. Gonzaga (2006 NCAA Tournament) - High Quality - YouTube

I hate the Zags, with a passion.  But I do respect them.

Hating the Zags is no bueno.  What they ever do to Fresno, Cow Poly or CSUB?

As a BYU I would prefer us to rejoin the MWC in basketball with Gonzaga with a 5 game football scheduling deal. It would add about 2 games a year against MWC teams for BYU. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

59 minutes ago, robe said:

As a BYU I would prefer us to rejoin the MWC in basketball with Gonzaga with a 5 game football scheduling deal. It would add about 2 games a year against MWC teams for BYU. 

Do you mean all sports or just basketball?   You can’t legally join basketball only. 

7 hours ago, sactowndog said:

Do you mean all sports or just basketball?   You can’t legally join basketball only. 

That rule can always be change. BYU has 6 or 7 votes already to change it. 

The problem is BYU is never going to pursue the MWC.

I’m not sure what the MWC is thinking is now. They are very pro BYU now and are going to help BYU going forward regardless of whether BYU joins or not. USU, SDSU and BSU are close allies with BYU. Hawaii, UNLV, SJSU and Fresno probably want the same relationship that those 3 have with BYU. I can’t see any one of those schools opposing adding BYU for Olympic sports only.  Some of the mental unstable fans around here probably do but I doubt the schools do. Can those 7 schools get 2 or 3 others over. It’s been over 10 years so my guess is yes. But the move would have to be made by the MWC. From what I heard (probably wrong) the MWC already sent out feelers to add BYU and a football scheduling alliance. BYU said no.

The MWC threw BYU a lifeline last year. I hope it develops into a deeper relationship. If nothing else bring SDSU into a permanent USU/BSU type relationship.

this site is comprised of mostly crazy unstable people and isn’t even close to the perception of the average fan or what the school thinks. That half moon guy camps naked by himself and the rest of his life is lived on the MWCboard. This board is full of nuts like him. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

1 hour ago, robe said:

That rule can always be change. BYU has 6 or 7 votes already to change it. 

The problem is BYU is never going to pursue the MWC.

I’m not sure what the MWC is thinking is now. They are very pro BYU now and are going to help BYU going forward regardless of whether BYU joins or not. USU, SDSU and BSU are close allies with BYU. Hawaii, UNLV, SJSU and Fresno probably want the same relationship that those 3 have with BYU. I can’t see any one of those schools opposing adding BYU for Olympic sports only.  Some of the mental unstable fans around here probably do but I doubt the schools do. Can those 7 schools get 2 or 3 others over. It’s been over 10 years so my guess is yes. But the move would have to be made by the MWC. From what I heard (probably wrong) the MWC already sent out feelers to add BYU and a football scheduling alliance. BYU said no.

The MWC threw BYU a lifeline last year. I hope it develops into a deeper relationship. If nothing else bring SDSU into a permanent USU/BSU type relationship.

this site is comprised of mostly crazy unstable people and isn’t even close to the perception of the average fan or what the school thinks. That half moon guy camps naked by himself and the rest of his life is lived on the MWCboard. This board is full of nuts like him. 

Well, that last paragraph kind of sums up the BYU arrogance that has your school at arms length.  I don’t think you just gained any supporters for your hopeless cause. 

Hmmm, BYU joins the MWC for BB only because they need a new league where they think they might have a shot. In return, we’ll restructure our FB schedule just for them. 

I think the answer is still GFY. 

Guest #1Stunner
17 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

Well, that last paragraph kind of sums up the BYU arrogance that has your school at arms length.  I don’t think you just gained any supporters for your hopeless cause. 

Hmmm, BYU joins the MWC for BB only because they need a new league where they think they might have a shot. In return, we’ll restructure our FB schedule just for them. 

There are a lot of closeted BYU fans in the MWC.

The most stubborn MWC schools are CSU and UNM.  Hell, even BYU and Wyoming have scheduled each other in football.

1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:

There are a lot of closeted BYU fans in the MWC.

The most stubborn MWC schools are CSU and UNM.  Hell, even BYU and Wyoming have scheduled each other in football.

I have no issues with CSU scheduling BYU in a pre-conference game.  Looking at our future schedules, I believe we could set up a September game in Provo in '27 with a return September game at Canvas in '28.  You should probably call Joe Parker and get this rolling.  It could be fun.

3 hours ago, Headbutt said:

"Guaranteed Friendly Yes" sounds like a good answer to me