Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

How to fix any computer

I've never had a Mac or Linux, but I've had two computers with Windows and it was constant problems. So I bought a Chromebook and I'm happy with it for the most part.

8 minutes ago, crixus said:

I've never had a Mac or Linux, but I've had two computers with Windows and it was constant problems. So I bought a Chromebook and I'm happy with it for the most part. 

Chrome OS is fuggen solid.  If you just use your computer for web browsing it is far and away the best bang for your buck.  It's limited but I love my chromebook, use it more than my PC.

6 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Chrome OS is fuggen solid.  If you just use your computer for web browsing it is far and away the best bang for your buck.  It's limited but I love my chromebook, use it more than my PC.

I loathe my +++++ing Chromebook. 

I use a MacBook for day to day use and have only had 2 different machines in the last 10 years. Finally got a new one a couple months ago, but the 2011 one I have still works really well outside of a couple hardware repairs over the decade.

I have a Windows PC for work though. I haven't had any issues so far but given the abuse it's subjected to, I'm guessing it's only a matter of time.

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Why?  When working for GF I used Chromebook for about 65% of my job.  Super easy to use the google tools. 

It just honestly can't do everything that I need it to. It's a work-issued machine, so I can't do anything about it unfortunately. But I get sick of it flipping its shit and crashing when I have more than 10 tabs open, or if more than 5 people are on a video call. 

1 minute ago, retrofade said:

It just honestly can't do everything that I need it to. It's a work-issued machine, so I can't do anything about it unfortunately. But I get sick of it flipping its shit and crashing when I have more than 10 tabs open, or if more than 5 people are on a video call. 

First world problems...sigh. Life is tough now. 

Miss the old days of smoke signals.

DUDE, THIS IS THE PERFECT THREAD FOR ME....

I'm about to cry...

Who's good at stomping out the wanna-b hackers around here?

I mean stomp 'em out until they're in prison.

New-Signature.jpg

I'm going to find, and hurt people hacking Google/Microsoft/Apple accounts for money...

Domestic residents will be felons, for real..

International solicitors will be hunted down and neutralized like this, for real...

Just like this:

The epic Nerd laugh @12:47!!

New-Signature.jpg

50 minutes ago, Jeffkills said:

I'm going to find, and hurt people hacking Google/Microsoft/Apple accounts for money...

Domestic residents will be felons, for real..

International solicitors will be hunted down and neutralized like this, for real...

Just like this:

The epic Nerd laugh @12:47!!

I watched that video a few days ago. Freaking epic.

I've done some similar things, but I've generally just bricked their routers.  

38 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Good for you, Sir...

Good for you...

New-Signature.jpg

39 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Anybody know anyone from digital gangster?

• Don't ever piss these guys off - I'm serious..

Those guys are so hard, they totally bricked the old Cowboy's Forum, and made it restart from scratch!!   I must've had ~14K posts, when we all had to start over....

Apparently, we beat Nola to end their perfect season, at their place, and they didn't appreciate being laughed at...  The entire forum just stopped, then came back as a hodge-podge remake..

They don't play on that board, and I have nothing but respect for them..

New-Signature.jpg

47 minutes ago, Jeffkills said:

Good for you, Sir...

Good for you...

So basically.... most of those places are using pretty basic consumer grade networking equipment. When I give them access to my VM, I start backtracing to find their IP address. Once I get that, I go through the random ports that could give me admin access. If I can't get it, I just end the call... but if I can, then I start to have fun. I keep them on the line, and then just start phucking with their connectivity. I've sent random spyware to the computers on that network, and then the coup de gras is generally setting the router to update, and then rebooting their modem, which bricks the router during the upgrade process. 

36 minutes ago, retrofade said:

So basically.... most of those places are using pretty basic consumer grade networking equipment. When I give them access to my VM, I start backtracing to find their IP address. Once I get that, I go through the random ports that could give me admin access. If I can't get it, I just end the call... but if I can, then I start to have fun. I keep them on the line, and then just start phucking with their connectivity. I've sent random spyware to the computers on that network, and then the coup de gras is generally setting the router to update, and then rebooting their modem, which bricks the router during the upgrade process. 

I know you’d never do anything good unlawful, and that’s most important...

Gonna reach out to you tomorrow...

New-Signature.jpg

Idk if this is the best thread to ask, but considering the title I'll just put it up here. Is there a way to get a new graphics card at MSRP? No way in hell I'm buying from a scalper. I've looked everywhere and spent the last few days on discord waiting for drops, but they are being bought up by bots in seconds. I'm getting the itch to build a new comouter, but GPU's are impossible to find and when they do pop up they are marked up into the thousands of dollars by scumbag scalpers.

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg