Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AxlRoseRulz

Idaho Vandal in state rivalry game

4 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

In basketball when they get their new arena - hell yeah.

In football, nope.

Don’t be like that...

I take it you didn’t see the old rivalry much?

Its good for the state, so it’s happening damnit!

New-Signature.jpg

25 minutes ago, Jeffkills said:

Don’t be like that...

I take it you didn’t see the old rivalry much?

Its good for the state, so it’s happening damnit!

It would have to be a one and done. FBS schools can’t travel to FCS schools for road games even if they wanted to. 

7 minutes ago, AxlRoseRulz said:

It would have to be a one and done. FBS schools can’t travel to FCS schools for road games even if they wanted to. 

False.

1 & 1.

It’s gonna happen, guys - get on board.

Idaho will have to reciprocate the favor, and it will.

New-Signature.jpg

Cowbells are coming back too..

It’s going to be classic BSU FB at the stadium, without the alcohol ban.

BSU & BYU will form an arrangement of coercion, which in this case it’s perfectly legal, in the present tense...

ESPN for BSU\BYU home games (negotiated and sold), as a pair...

The BSU/BYU synchronicity is glaring and undeniable..

As one, negotiate with Houston, SMU, UCF, & Navy - using AF as bait - schedule those games...

DFW & Houston are huge, and If you didn’t know, now you do..

ideally, from BSU’s perspective, we can play in front of Texas, Cali, and Florida.  What else can we ask for, except better bowl tie-ins for the MW, by default..

That’s my agenda.

New-Signature.jpg

23 hours ago, AxlRoseRulz said:

Idaho state wins and has now won 2 out of 3 from their instate rival. Anyone remember the vandals thinking Boise State was their rival. Rofl 

State of Idaho looks like this for football

Boise State

IDAHO STATE

college of Idaho

University of Idaho

C of I has been improving.  They beat the Vandals at home but would lose on the road. 

14 hours ago, slappy said:

State of Idaho looks like this for football

Boise State

IDAHO STATE

college of Idaho

University of Idaho

C of I has been improving.  They beat the Vandals at home but would lose on the road. 

I agree with those rankings. 

On 4/4/2021 at 12:41 AM, NorthWestCowboy said:

Congrats to the Bengals.

I'll never understand why the powers that be decided to erect those gawd awful potato barns the Bengals and Vandals play in.

They are both complete dumps can’t believe Idaho spent millions putting windows on their barn. 

On 4/4/2021 at 1:43 PM, NorthWestCowboy said:

I've been to NDSU's indoor stadium.  It's really nice and much newer being built in the 90's.  UND's opened in 2001.  USD's is crap and like the Idaho schools was built in the 70's.  I grew up in SD and my junior year we made it to the state semifinals.  All the football semifinal and championship games are played indoor at USD.  This was the early 90's and it was old school circa 1980's artifical turf.  Think the Philadelphia Eagles Veterans Stadium.  I hated that surface.  Great traction but serious turf burns and hard.  That was the first and last time I ever payed football indoors or on artificail turf.

My high school played all its home games on Boise State's old blue Astroturf field in the early 90s.  There were some nasty turf burns from that place, but luckily not for me.  It turns out that turf burns aren't typically a problem while standing on the sideline waiting for the coach to send you in.  I played in at least one game in Holt Arena, too.  And stood on the sideline for another couple of games.

2 hours ago, Pelado said:

My high school played all its home games on Boise State's old blue Astroturf field in the early 90s.  There were some nasty turf burns from that place, but luckily not for me.  It turns out that turf burns aren't typically a problem while standing on the sideline waiting for the coach to send you in.  I played in at least one game in Holt Arena, too.  And stood on the sideline for another couple of games.

All Astroturf is like that, Michigan State’s in the early 90’s hurt to sit on.