Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anon5251042

OFFICIAL: SJSU KICKED OUT OF THE MOUNTAIN WEST CONFERENCE

With limited resources and constant administrative struggles in the athletics department, it was enough for the MWC presidents to expel SJSU from the conference effective July 1, 2021. ;)

18 minutes ago, CKS007 said:

Wasn't this the same joke as last April 1st?  And the year before that, and the year before that, and...

No. The other ones aren't true. This one I just posted is for real.

Why would we kick out our football champion? I'm hearing whispers that the AAC is poaching them for their 12th member, and then they'll join the Big West for other sports.

2 hours ago, bigd said:

Why would we kick out our football champion? I'm hearing whispers that the AAC is poaching them for their 12th member, and then they'll join the Big West for other sports.

Your source:

6 hours ago, bigd said:

... followed by Nevada shortly thereafter.  Trevor Insley has the old logo ready to go

image.png.bce3f5fd78ba2622e8a61c4bf694fea5.png

On 4/1/2021 at 6:59 PM, CKS007 said:

Wasn't this the same joke as last April 1st?  And the year before that, and the year before that, and...

Pretty sure you're correct but I mean, it's legit enough to be believable so... 

SMOKE 'EM IF YOU'VE GOT 'EM!

Psssh like we need y’all.

Have you forgotten that we’re the mother+++++in champs? Let me remind you:

Boise State - 20

SJSU - 34

Get ready for multiple decades of dominance. 

35 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Psssh like we need y’all.

Have you forgotten that we’re the mother+++++in champs? Let me remind you:

Boise State - 20

SJSU - 34

Get ready for multiple decades of dominance. 

image.png.e609f4d64f5b7932e5354178b0fc7afe.png

42 minutes ago, Cincy said:

image.png.e609f4d64f5b7932e5354178b0fc7afe.png

Won’t be able to use covid as an excuse to duck us this year. Gonna pummel you so bad that you’ll have to flip your avatar upside down. 

CHUGGA CHUGGA CHOO CHOO

4 hours ago, mundyc3 said:

If only...

Actually if it wasn’t for Air Force San Jose would already be gone.  CBS and Fox. Agreed to give us the same payout if we kick out San Jose and relegate Hawaii to scheduling agreement. This would give us an extra 500,000 in revenue per school annually.  The problem is AF doesn’t want to go to a round robin 9 game football schedule.  This could play out in a lot of different ways.  

"Everyone wants a hero...And Derek Carr, he's going to be a hero at times."

- Pat Hill

6 hours ago, 1IvyDog said:

Actually if it wasn’t for Air Force San Jose would already be gone.  CBS and Fox. Agreed to give us the same payout if we kick out San Jose and relegate Hawaii to scheduling agreement. This would give us an extra 500,000 in revenue per school annually.  The problem is AF doesn’t want to go to a round robin 9 game football schedule.  This could play out in a lot of different ways.  

Wait...Seriously?!

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

8 hours ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Won’t be able to use covid as an excuse to duck us this year. Gonna pummel you so bad that you’ll have to flip your avatar upside down. 

CHUGGA CHUGGA CHOO CHOO

Let’s see how you guys do with a level playing field across the board. 

I have a feeling with your full slate of OOC before conference play will see you guys fall back to Sharta (Non COVID) reality.